This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#24 Right Hand Plow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvillaMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #24 Right Hand Plow
    Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:23am
I was wondering if anyone knew the part number for the Locking Lug for this plow.  I have a copy of the plow manual but it does not list part numbers.  It says to order by description.  Thought I would have a better chance finding one if I knew the correct part number.  I was also wondering if there are different sizes or styles of plow bolts?  I bought some new ones at the farm store but the head doesn't fit all they way into the hole.  Is this normal or were there different size heads on different brands of plow bolts?
Sponsored Links

Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:52am
   #308814 is the number for the Locking Lug. As for plow bolts there are many different sizes and kinds. Is the bolt for the share or moldboard ? And yes, sometimes the head does stick up some.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:53am

#24 is a bottom number that was fitted to quite a few differant plow models. I am not sure what you mean by "locking lug"  I have found the farm store plow bolts to fit nothing exactly but are good enough in that they are all that is available. Fitting them to the application is a matter of drawing the nut tight, smacking the head with a large hammer, tighten the hut, hit with a hammer until things quit moving.  If too much sticks up to satisfy you grind flush.

Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:57pm
There are several sizes and shapes of plow bolts. Most have heads for countersunk holes, some have oval heads to fit in oval holes, some have square shanks, some have key slots in the bolt heads or in the hole. Some have conical heads with one or two sides flattened, called clipped plow bolts. Manufacturers have chosen special bolts, probably so they can be the only supplier for replacements.

Gerald J.
AvillaMO View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvillaMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 1:50pm
Thanks for the responses.  I found a Locking Lug at the Parts Depot.  Guess I'll make those farm store plow bolts work.  I was trying to replace some loose ones.  I'm trying to make sure the plow is in good working order for the Spring.  I found a used correct plowshare and J bolt.  After I get it all working I think I'm gonna paint it Allis orange.  I just hope my Massey doesn't fuss with it back there!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic