This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crawler Picture Post.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 1:01am
Here is a scanned pic of two cats DIESEL FIFTY and a FORTY DIESEL. The Fifty was a snow cat special and the Forty Had the R.G. LeTorneau dozar blade on it all its life.  

Here Is an L that only job in its life was snow plowing. Second owner to the plow off.
Sponsored Links

michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 9:19am
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 9:20am
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 12:49pm
My 1949 IH TD18, taken last fall while doing some brush work.
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 6:48pm

are we having fun yet? my hd5b blew a sneaker

HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 6:56pm
my hd5b in better moments, resting after a hard day in the mountains.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Here Is an L that only job in its life was snow plowing. Second owner to the plow off.
Original paint? Looks Sweet!
M Diesel View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:11pm
Are we having fun yet?

Nothing like having fun on a cold winter day eh!

hilltop615 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hilltop615 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by acwdwcman acwdwcman wrote:

not mine but my cousins. im driving. caterpillar 22 and road grader. grader matches what would have been used by that tractor.

@ operators would sure have to know how each other thought and operated to make this deal go huh. Very cool
hilltop615 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hilltop615 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Here is a scanned pic of two cats DIESEL FIFTY and a FORTY DIESEL. The Fifty was a snow cat special and the Forty Had the R.G. LeTorneau dozar blade on it all its life.  

Would love to have this crawler! It looks in better shape than a lot of the late model machines around.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:02pm
This is a scan of a original pic of an "L". Not sure what's going on, but interesting anyway....

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 2:09pm
RW that is origional paint. And She runs sweet.
Hilltop, Theres a few others that wish they owned this old Girl.
 The old photo above is about promoting the Model L crawler and the venture in sales with hydraulic Continental  Scraper.  This L is equiped with Hydraulics and you can see the tonque of the scrapper in pic.
 The fellows are either from sales or mangement and promoting their wares is my guess.
Think theres some tracks that need tightening, or new rails and pins and or sprockets... Usually worse when adjusting nut hasn't been turned in forty years and the rails worn out and sprockets look like the ribs on a nickle. LOL
Jay Tyrrell View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Tyrrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 8:33am
Finally figured out how to post a picture!
Good with wrenches, not so good on computer. Found this HD6G up in Northen Minnesota in a gravell pit.
Seller wanted $1,500, Offered $800, got it for $1,000.
Missing the radiator, steereing cluthces stuck and main clutch needed adjustment. Got her together yesterday and drove around for awhile. Everything works good. Tracks sure are stiff, hope they loosen up.Smile

Edited by Jay Tyrrell - 05 Feb 2012 at 2:09pm
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 12:56pm
1955 HD5G that i bought in 1972 My first machine other than my IH 300 Utility and IH 460 Utility . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 7:46pm
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 7:49pm
I apologize for the size of the HD-3 photo. i should have  trimmed  it a bit. Teh rig on the drawbar is a Henry One yard scraper, 1950's vintage. 
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 10:34pm
Here is my latest, a CAT 10. I keep it in the house though. It doesn't play well with the REAL toys.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lyhbIz9k_0k/UCBdxuQCutI/AAAAAAAAFUc/ZXvAyKtMIwI/s603/Caterpillar+003.jpg
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
baker84 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 5:05pm
I'll play hd5g

Edited by baker84 - 03 Oct 2012 at 10:20pm
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 6:23pm
Not mine, but a really sweet running BEST 60 at a show this summer.

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 8:54pm
My FD5 - 72 HP power shift, 7 1/2 ft blade . 6 way power to blade 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
ianoz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 6:02am
Thats a nice tractor Coke .

Edited by ianoz - 04 Oct 2012 at 6:02am
ianoz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 6:10am
Our Fiat Allis FL5 Sold it recently upgrading to a cat 939 .
ianoz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 6:12am
Another photo .
dav68camaro View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav68camaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:04pm
Here is my 1966 HD6G when I lost the track a couple weeks ago.  You can see how bad the rails but they will be replaced next year.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav68camaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:06pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav68camaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:08pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav68camaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:12pm
My dad with a clump of Hickory tree's I pushed out.  In all the pictures the cleared area was all heavy timber when I started.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dav68camaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 10:22pm
Showing the building site after most of the clearing was done.  As you see some of the trees were breaking off as we had a major drought in the midwest this summer and the clay soil was rock hard up until recently when it started raining. 
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 12:17pm
Wow that Allis S and L are awesome to see. Never seen or heard one in real. Do you have some movies of it?
---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 4:00pm
that 6g brings back some memories.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic