This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My H3 Lives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
largeonee View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote largeonee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My H3 Lives
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 6:52am
Hi   Yesterday  I spent an hour driving my H3 around  (driveway looks decent but I need a lot more practice).  I ran it some last week  but it kept running out of gas.  I had eliminated the fuel pump as it was shot and I didn't have another.  Sunday I decided to risk it and try and repair it. I had an almost new pump I took off of an engine at the scrap yard. different arm etc.  but  I took it apart anyway.  the guts looked the same.  so I reassembled the original pump housing with the new guts.  worked great. the only prob I have is the hand pump lever is busted. I will find a way to repair or remake the arm  but not right now.  I ran it for at least an hour.  35# oil press and it never got over 180 degrees.  I still need to move the seat back,  my legs just don't like to be bent enough to run the brakes.  I noticed the clutch pedal is a lot lower than the brakes. Is tis normal?   I need to find a few parts,  the plastic knob on the throttle lever,  a tach cable,  the air breather cover for the shuttle clutch and hydraulic system.
thanks
Jeff
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic