This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model FPD 50-24-2PS Forklift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model FPD 50-24-2PS Forklift
    Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:40am
Just purchased a Allis Chalmers Forklift Model FPD 50-24-2PS, Serial 17209581. Specifications Pounds 4200, Center 24' Lift 168". Does anyone know the year model? Where is a good place to get a service manual for the lift. Also where is the best place to buy seals for the lift cylinders? It pulls good in reverse but slips when going forward up a 20 degree or so incline.
Sponsored Links

towmotor tim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote towmotor tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 1:53pm
F=forklift P=Pneumatic D=diesel 50=5000 lb capacity 24=@24 inch load center 2ps=speed power shift trans. That machine is a 1960. That has the 2 spd power shift trans. Down shift it on an incline!
The packings are standard not metric so any hydraulic shop will have them. Old AC dealers can get them with a mast number.
sinklar View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 9:38pm
Thanks for the reply. I bought it used and it had a 4 cylinder gas engine in it. Also I figured out the lack of power problem the inching valve was not closing all the way. Adjusting the linkage corrected the problem and it will spin the tires now. It does have the 2 speed transmission.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:55am

Gas engine ??? Mine has a diesel in it,a Buda ??.Same model number. Can lift 5,000# up 7 feet ! Always in low gear,scary going down the road at any speed !Besut $$ I've spent in a long time and it is an Allis !

Nice to know someone else has one

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:17am
OK, hoping to reopen this thread..
I'd like to know how to put the '2 speed' control BACK onto the dash or wherever it's supposed to be.
Mine has a 'custom' lever on the floorboard, leftside, behind the heel of my boot.
Up seems to be low, down = high.
A picture would be nice....Google hasn't been to helpful, sigh....

sinklar View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:46am
I don't think mine has the 2 speed option. I will try to find my manual over the next couple of days and see if it has a drawing.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:25am
Thanks.. I've asked Google, several ways, but can't find a picture, cept one that kinda shows a knob on stick,near the parking brake, left of the 'inching' pedal.

I may create another 'winter project' and try to figure out how to make it. Right now my left heel hits the 'lever' down and into high gear.
meantime I might just put into low and disconnect , under the footboard access panel.

Jay

sinklar View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:21am
Here is a picture from my forklift, it show the cable by the steering wheel. Also I have a picture from the parts manual I have included. If you by chance find a suitable cable I would be interested because mine is froze up.
sinklar View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:27am
The other picture
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:29am
you can have a cable made

HD3
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 2:04pm
hmmm... your hi-lo cable is where my parking brake is attached ! Makes sense about a cable instead of 'bars of steel'....
as a 'bodge', I've disconnected the PO bodge, stuck it in LO and real happy I can get up my driveway now  without taking a friggin run from acorr the road !!!
I should make it a real 'Winter project' though....
Thanks
Jay

Dan W View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:10pm
I have a FP50-24 2ps. Serial 65839. It has a lot of play up and down on the output shaft of the transmission. What transmission is this? Is there parts break down available?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:24am
Hay Dan I don't know but does yours have a hi-nu-lo range gear shift ? You can save pictures and post them, or even email me them( greensvillejay@gmail.com).
I KNOW the Ujoint 'drivehaft' is missing LOTS of needle bearings.....
I've yet to find a manual for mine. It has a Buda 4cyl  BD153 diesel in it.....
Jay

Dan W View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:01pm
Yes it needs a ujoint but before I open a can of worms I want to have an idea of what I am getting into. The output shaft is definitely moving up and down in the trans. I found a lever on the side of trans I am pretty sure it is for the 2 speed selector I will take pics tomorrow .
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:14pm
I made a set of ramps/platforms out of 2by10s last month. 4' ramps and then 'sections' of platforms..1',3',2' . This way I could remove the 3' center sections and gain good access to oil pan and inspect 'stuff'. My 2 speed selctor was a 'stick' behind left heel... PITA as up was low, down was high and of course heel ALWAYS caught the stick. I've since fixed it to 'low'. MUCH better torque, climbs hill better, just tortise slow.....

Jay

Phil Stier View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Stier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:32am
I would like to revive this thread. I have just purchased an Allis Chalmers FP-50 forklift with a gas engine. It came with no battery. How can I tell if it’s 6v or 22v??
Phil Stier View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Stier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:35am
Twelve volt
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:02am
yup, 12 volt, reminds me I gotta put oil in mine soon.....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic