This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

corvair van

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: corvair van
    Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:06am
was someone looking for a Corvair van here awhile ago?
Sponsored Links

BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

was someone looking for a Corvair van here awhile ago?

If they were, they should have been looking at Indianapolis at the Marion County Fairgrounds at the huge annual antique auto club swap meet and car show that I don't think they have anymore; they were featuring Corvair that year, about ten or twelve years ago.

Before then, I never knew that Corvair made a van; I bet I saw thirty at that show.

Not many know that , as a publicity stunt, a group of brand-new Corvair cars successfully crossed the Darian Gap, a feat not many serious offroaders can brag of.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:51pm
JOE ???   454 Transplant ??  LOL
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 8:51am
We must have had a good dealer here in the 1960's. At one time, they were a dime a dozen here. But I haven't seen 1 in years.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:11am
Took many family road trips in one as a kid dad traded it in 1968. He wished he would have kept it almost as soon. His new GNC handy bus was easy to get stuck. The corsair had both back seats facing with a table between. We sat and played cards and games on the long trips.
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 7:59pm
They also made a pickup.  I believe they had a right-side fold down tailgate.  Very handy for certain applications like loading a mower-don't know how wide it was.  Too bad the engines were the weak spot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic