This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

remote cylinder d series and older

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remote cylinder d series and older
    Posted: 27 May 2023 at 6:25am
there were a few different sizes. I have 2 different sizes loaded on the trailer to sell at the Madrid, New York GOTO. I also have a Allis Chalmers Hi-Pressure 2 way cylinder available. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

yes that is just what i was getting at  probley a single acting ,   so 8 in. x what bore and rod diamiter
 The bore and rod are one in the same.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:27pm
I'll try to measure tomorrow. It's a clevis on both ends.Probably 1 inch wide inside using a 1 inch pin. Try to get more specific info. Low volume-high pressure which all AC's used back then. Lon (MN) or Paul B had some for sale a year ago or so. Somebody on this site did. Can text pics if you PM me a number.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 26 May 2023 at 11:28pm
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 11:02pm
yes that is just what i was getting at  probley a single acting ,   so 8 in. x what bore and rod diamiter
WD45 Aaron View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 1:42pm
Steve,

Any chance I could get you to run a tape measure on them? I am going to need to figure out something for the semi mounted plow I just bought. It's not there and I have no idea what it should be. If I have some dimensions of your cylinders I might be able to figure it out. Some useful measurements: 
center of hole to center of hole retracted
center of hole to center of hole extended
pivot hole diameter(s)
What is the shape and dimensions of the cylinder mounting, both at the rod end and body

Interestingly, Agco still has the parts breakdown for 70/80 series on their website. It shows the same style tail wheel as mine, but not the cylinder.

Machinery rescue for all things rusty or broken. Current residents include 3-1/2 WD45s, Oliver Row 77 gas, 88 diesel, Farmall super C, parts C, two Cat D2's, Clark C500-80 forklift, and a sick Kubota.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:44pm
Dad had one cylinder. Got switched around. Disc,combine,bar mower,drill etc. I think I have his plus 3. Two larger than the other two.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:56am
Many only had ONE CYLINDER because that's what they could afford. Cylinder stroke length is always 8 inches, UNLESS it is something special and in that case you won't be using it on multiple pieces of equipment.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:14am
was there a remote cylinder offered as a accessory that you moved from impliment to impliment  ,  i know alot of guys just one cylinder  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic