This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wood ticks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wood ticks
    Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:53pm
Are thicker than fleas on an old hound dogs back this year. Keep your eyes peeled folks. Doc tells me there is still no vaccine for. Lyme deases that works good. He says they are working on a shot to give us, but the dang tick had got to suck some blood outta you. It kills the lime dease in the tick. I ain't got this explained very good. Stay safe guys.
Sponsored Links

Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:11am
I know exactly what you mean, I had one of them rascals get a hold of me in mid April while mushroom hunting and the place it attached still itches to this day, thank goodness never seen a bullseye around the bite.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 7:20am
I went Morel hunting 2 weeks ago and got covered in them. Sprayed down too.
Only way is to spray down naked and then your clothes.
Peel out of them when you are done.
Worst I have seen in a long time.

Dogs have that over priced edible tick stuff from the vet, otherwise they would be a 4 legged buffet.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:28am
They are bad this year, just being in my own yard I’ve had 2 runner’s and 1 sticker. Took two weeks for the spot to clear up. As for the bullseye, couldn’t contort that much to see it.
Maximum use of available resources!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:23pm
 We see opossums around here and they are a big eater of them. knock on wood I haven't seen any tick but my son has a dog and he keep the opossum run off and they have ticks on them self every time they go out

fjdrill View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjdrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:55pm
Nantucket spider (brand name) essential oil is the best repellant out there. Smells good to boot! Drives the little buggers crazy. Soresto collars are the best for dogs. Permethrin will kill them dead along with your cats and armadillos. Spent 5-years fighting tick borne diseases.  
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 9:17pm
Yup! They are thicker than thieves around these parts. We had a very mild Winter this past Winter. Not much in the single digits or below. Most of the time it was in the 40's. When we don't have those sub zero days for a week at a time, look out in the Springtime! Them little buggers are always hitchin a ride on someone or something!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 7:26pm
I use to live in tick country decades ago but never had a problem with them.  I would find them moving around my body and one time a day later but never had one attach to me. 
Jack of all trades, master of none
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:26am
They’ve been pretty bad here the last few years. This year too. A few years ago I noticed a bullseye. Asked a buddy what he thought, said tick / lime disease. Oh wonderful. Turned out to be ringworm.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 12:47pm
if you get a deer tice attached see your doctor right away. youll get 2 doses of an antibiotic as long as you get within 72 hrs you wont get limes if you get it your looking at more than 6 months treatment and never get ride of it. my mom was sick for 2 years before it was under control.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic