This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I had a good day today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I had a good day today
    Posted: 20 May 2023 at 10:30pm
Got my butt outta bed at 5:30 and took off for our local farmers market. Grandson and I got a great spot. We sold a lot of honey, etc. The Amish gals set up 3 booths down from us. They had a table full of fresh home made pies. I bought 1 and on the way home we stopped buy our Fareway grocery store and picked up a1/2 gallon of ice cream. I saw they need 25 3 lb jugs of honey early on Monday. We got home, had some dinner, a nap, and then fired up the old red pick-up and went to pick up my new to me green disk. Part of the day was spent teaching this grandkid about jacking up the disk, bolting the new tires on it,etc. We had quite a struggle getting it jacked up high enough to hook up the transport bar. Anyway we got it home, at 10 mph. Darn thing wanted to whip all over. Now ol shameless will like this. When I turned in the drive way my Pyrneese dog attacked the disk. He went ballistic. It's a good thing he didn't get his teeth on one of my new tires. Anyway, I've got 1/2 a pie left in the fridge along with 1/2 gallon of ice cream and some great tasting sausage for dinner tomorrow. No dang fast food tomorrow. Weather was GREAT too. I got to talk to Bob, my neighbor, about his dad. Bob told me his dad and brother both bought new 4020's and identical disks in 1965. This was his dad's disk. I knew both his dad and brother from the tire shop days. They ran green equipment with the exception of their combine. They ran Gleaner combines. They were all great farmers.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 9:09am
Sounds like a great day, especially spending time with the grandson and letting him learn a few things. Bet those Amish pies are good, especially with ice cream.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 8:20pm
Tom, a chain binder from tongue at hitch to disc frame will tighten them up for road travel. Always helped me.Glad all went well. HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 8:36pm
Curious to know what kind of pie you bought? I am getting hungry thinking about it! That did sound like a great day, by the way.
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 9:35pm
It was a Peach pie. Gonna pick up an Apple pie next Saturday. They sure beat pies from Walmart.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:20am
oh...man!!! a peach pie???? they are getting hard to find them around here....good ones anyways!!! went to Village Inn one day, ordered a peach pie piece...they said they discontinued the peach! PfffffT!  
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:13am
Making me hungry for one of my bride's peach cobblers made with homegrown peaches she canned last year.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:40am
Peach pie is wonderful. HOWEVER, my grandma and mom used to make a peach cream pie that was amazing! Especially when made with the fresh cream poured off the top of the milk fresh outta the tank. Mmmmmm
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:24pm
 Rhubarb is in season, which makes good pie. 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 5:50pm
Sorry can’t stand rhubarb!!!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:13pm
 Each his own, I like it real well.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:01pm
I’ve tried it several times, just can’t do it!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:35pm
Strawberry Rhubarb pie is good! Of course I like most any fruit pies! Not much for cream pies unless it's cheesecake.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:24pm
Sorry guys, mom and dad really liked rubarb pie. Not one of us 5 kids could stand it. Mom made a lot of pies in her cooking days, it took me a little while to get used to her mince meat pies, but I could never eat her rubarb pie. I went to the Army in 1969 and up till then, I never knew how good we ate.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:16am
my Dad bought a new green disk back in the late 60's, that thing wanted to wiggle all over too even pulling it with the tractor. was a BW something I think. I think it's back in the iron pile yet.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 10:32am
Cheryl's Rhubarb Crisp is really yummie too...
 and uses half the sugar that the recipe calls for.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:22am
Half the sugar in a rhubarb recipe?! Dang that must pucker all the way to your toenails!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 11:59am
 My dad used to tell that when he was growing up that he would take a salt-shaker to the rhubarb patch, pick a stalk of rhubarb, put some salt on it and eat it.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

My dad used to tell that when he was growing up that he would take a salt-shaker to the rhubarb patch, pick a stalk of rhubarb, put some salt on it and eat it.

Funny thing there, when I was pretty young, friends of mom and dad had a patch and we did that, ate it raw with a little salt and I liked it. Then probably 15-20 years later, at some occasion there was strawberry rhubarb pie. I thought great! I like strawberries, like rhubarb, here it goes…    The wife is an excellent cook and makes good pies too. She said that I just have to have a good rhubarb pie made and try it again. So i did.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic