This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before I panic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before I panic
    Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:46am
Our power went out last night thanks to a gift from Shameless.
It’s back on now but out kitchen range (gas but electronic controled) has no power no lights, no clock and no igniters working. I find no breakers tripped. The vent hood above it works as do outlets beside the stove.
I haven’t pulled it out yet?
Any guesses?
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 4:57am
 Hey Thad,,that is weird,,,!!  The exact same thing happened to me last week. Wound up it was the receptacle the stove was connected at. Near as I can figure, there is an open in the wire between the receptacle and it's source. I ran an extension cord to the stove from another circuit and stove is working now,,,,? There is NO power at the receptacle it used to plug into,,,,?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:13am
That sounds like a loose connection at the plug itself.

We got a fringe delivery on that same snow here. South and East of us getting plenty of Pretty we will have a fast melting dusting.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:59am
Turns out it was a GFI on the other end of the kitchen.
I didn’t know it controlled that area.
Glad for a simple fix.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:59am
yeesh......
that stove NEEDS to be on it's own breaker. yeah, I know could be 'easier said than done' BUT .....unless you write a BIG NOTE on the breaker panel, you'll waste another hour or 2 next time.....
curious as to the GFI. typically kitchens have 3 'splits' for receptacles, fridge,stove. I added a pony panel, used 20  breakers for the kitchen.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:06am

He did mention 'GAS' in his original post !

G
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:16am
When set up electrical in this house, Island has Two Circuits, one for Microwave and Cooktop starter power, second is two countertop outlets, Crockpots or Instapots or even added hot plates for parties.  Two circuits for Opposite counter space outlets, separate lighting circuit and single for fridge where ovens on dedicated 240v.   Yeah 7 breakers just for Kitchen.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:55am
His stove is GAS.. all the electric does is a couple amps to run the clock and igniter ..

Kitchen should have a separate breaker for the microwave. ... One for the left counter top and one for the right counter top... Frig and dishwasher dont pull much power anymore.... lights dont pull 1 amp.... dont need separate breakers.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
here in Ontario...
you need 3 splits, 20A each
microwave is 15A
dishwasher is 15A
garborator is 15A
fridge 15A
stove 15-40, gas or electric
lighting on separate 15A feeds (safety thing...kinda nice to SEE when stove brkr blows..._

sadly have a neighbour who destroys 1/2 of a 'mini dual  NOT SPLIT' breaker puts coffee maker and toasty oven on at same time......

ALL new house/ renos are 200Amp services now......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:54am
Three Lamp Circuits for Kitchen, all same breaker, Over Cooktop, High directional LEDs, over Sink light.  Under cabinet LEDs on with one set of four Counter outlets, the other side of sink is four more outlets and a lamp over the slide out pantry shelving.  Refr on its own, Dishwasher and disposal on one outlet.  ALL the circuits 20a breakers 12ga wire.

As noted Cooktop Igniter(LP) and Microwave one breaker, Island outlets one breaker.  Ovens on own 240brkr.

Requirements here are Amps loads, can be well below loads and be fine, I prefer having more than one option as to lighting protection so can also see when a fault occurs.

Bedrooms Outlets on One Breaker, Overhead Lighting on second and Overhead Fans third.

Baths, Fan/Light combo and over vanity lights one breaker, outlets second, spare bath has jacuzzi tub, on its own breaker.

Would rather have more circuits protected than blow circuits as used to in older homes.  One Breaker on room TOTAL.  Kitchen two MAYBE three separate circuits old days.  Dearly appreciate having ability to pop a lighting circuit and STILL have some lighting for a room.  Wife uses Cpap, have phone chargers and bed air system plugged in, then have end table lighting and accessories wife plugs in as her Smart Watch charger, recharge flashlight so on.  Even have two outlets in Master Closet but that with overhead lighting.

Edited by DMiller - 25 Jan 2023 at 11:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic