This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maybe tamarrow,,,??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe tamarrow,,,??
    Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 8:33pm
 Well,,after getting up 37 minutes LATE this first morning of my Elk Hunt,,,I shoulda just rolled over and went back to sleep,,,,!!  We haul azz up and sure enough there was alraedy some hunters headed into the Honey Hole. There was bout 6" of snow on the ground and was still frozen bout 6Am but still took 4 wheel drive to get past some bad areas. Well we worked the whole area, pulled out as the other dudes told us they did not see a thing!!!  Went to two other areas and Same chit,,,Wait A Minute,,,,we did see one big old red squirrel! I have never been thru our Honey Hole and Not seen either some Elk or some Mule Deer or Turkey,,,,Like I said,,,maybe tamarrow,,,,LOLLOL  And,,,and,,IT WAS COLD,,,!!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 8:39pm
joe... not sure that 30-06 is a good squirrel gun !!  Wink

Good luck tomorrow !  
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:09am
Kill and skin em with a single shot!!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 7:53am
Just curious, do you get combo license for both Mule deer and elk?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 8:05am
At least your buddy Shameless sent six inches of snow for you, to make it kind of nostalgic
Darrel
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 8:07am
Got to put in the time. Someone I know got a nice buck deer hunting this year right before the close of the season.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:54pm
 Well, Chit,,second day wasn't much better than first PFFFFfftttt  but,,,but,, at least we did see some Elk and deer but no clear shot and I don't shoot into heavy timber and then throw a prayer in after the bullet,,,,,LOL.
 Actually, Steve,,the ought six is what I use for Mule deer,,,I dusted off ole " Meat In The Pot" 7 MM Magnamous for them big Elk,,,(sometimes you need that extra knockdown POWER to plow thru the brush when it  be a tad thick.....🤣
  Hey Darrel, CHIT ole Shameless,,,he ,,,,he,,,always taking care of little ole me,,,Chit I'm proud it was ONLY 6"
 Naw, Thad,,,the  tags are all for different game,,,,chit, the game Dept always trying to get more money out of us citizens,,,,,
 Think I'll give it another go tamarrow,,,,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 8:19am
Last out west hunt I had we had two miles to hike in Uphill to get to a trail to hike another almost four miles. Could see elk, far to far off and stayed that way a week. Snowed last two days until had to escape back to humanity!

NW CO out past Steamboat Springs. Great area just bad timing.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 1:09pm
hike???? is that related to...walking??? whew...if'n ya'll can afford thousands of $$$$ to shoot one little critter, i'd gits an ATV!!!! or just go buys meat at the counter and save maybe $10,000! shucks...if'n ya'll gots a camp....i'll stay there and keep the coffee warm, maybe even cook ya some hotdogs when ya come back in frozen! 
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:40pm
That Shameless should receive some sort of a "humanitarian award" for the way is always coming up with ways to help us all out!
Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 3:46pm

HOT DOGS,,,,!!! HOT DOGS?????,,,,Shameless,,,You mean like them dang weenies you roast on a stick and try to catch em before they fall off into the dang FIRE,,them kind of weelies??? 

Naw..ole buddy we gonna expect lots more than just weenies ,,,,!!!  Chit,,since we ain't bagged a critter yet,,,,looking like you is gonna have to supply the Ribeyes and sweet     taters ,,,i'll take a head of lettus in case you gonna want to fix us a nice salad,,,,WinkClap We usually we go out pretty early so you won't get to party late into the nite with us cause somebody got to get up early to make breakfastClapClap Such is the life of a hunting camp,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:45pm
well....then you better provides a warm outdoor kitchen....then i'll cook all that good stuff up for ya'll!  thanks Darrel!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic