This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My futur project WD45 1957

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunsation288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My futur project WD45 1957
    Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 8:29pm
Hello all , i am so happy to found a place of Allies , my story is i just bought the land of my grand grand father (4 generation) and he came with a WD 45 gasoline 1957 who my grand father bought new in 1956

Edited by sunsation288 - 10 Jan 2023 at 9:26am
Sponsored Links

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 8:38pm
Welcome! You are about to enter a group of some of the most intelligent tractor fans you could ever ask for(not including myself) whether you want to make a frame up restoration or a original worker, there are plenty of experts here. But some one else needs to warn you about shameless and his machine
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 5:52am
Welcome to the Allis forum! Good looking WD45! Do you have plans for it? Looks like you have future generations interested in it also! You should be able to find just about all of the information about these tractors here. Then there are several good suppliers. (not sure about parts going across the boarder?) And then there is Shamless!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:15am
Welcome,  family tractors are a special connection you have with the past.  I have had many tractors but never one with a family connection I envy you.
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 12:16pm
Don't ask why I know this but make sure all of your steering linkage and connections are snug other than the usual expected wear in the usual places.  There are only 2 bolts which hold the steering arm (connected to the tie rods) to the fork shaft and if they let go or fail you've lost steering.  They can work loose & egg out the threads in the fork shaft.  Just something I wish I knew before it happened.  Good Luck.
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 4:27pm
Welcoome to the forum, lots of great folks on here...then there's Shameless...he's a great person BUT he has this pretty maker that so many of us despise. Lots of knowledge and laughs on here throughout. Hope you find it enjoyable and helpful too. Again welcome
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 11:40pm
She's a good looking ol 45. Dad bought 1 new the same year along with a 3x16 snap coupler plow. I learned to drive on it in 1957. We still have it too. Yours looks better.
sunsation288 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunsation288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:25am
i think i have figured how to post picture Smile
and just  for updating my project .....
 i have to remove the some freeplay on the foot clutch
i made a new end , 

i hope you enjoy the picture , since this tractor mean alot for me 
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 8:32am
I went a different way. I made up a new shaft and installed a bushing in the clutch pedal and right brake pedal. Your way works too.
http://lonsallischalmers.com
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 9:48am
New clutch cross shaft is available at Steiner. And not too much money. And then rebush pedal. That will tighten up your brake as well.

Edited by Ed (Ont) - 11 Jan 2023 at 9:50am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunsation288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Lon(MN) Lon(MN) wrote:

I went a different way. I made up a new shaft and installed a bushing in the clutch pedal and right brake pedal. Your way works too.
that was my first thought , but i have hard time to work with my headmill with the  adjustable boring bar Unhappy

Originally posted by Ed (Ont) Ed (Ont) wrote:

New clutch cross shaft is available at Steiner. And not too much money. And then rebush pedal. That will tighten up your brake as well.
good  advice !!!

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunsation288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 1:39pm
time to put some light on the Allis , my father have two light on the shelf 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic