This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

been interesting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:39am
Glad to hear you got to keep most of your equipment and part of the property, sounds like you are starting a new chapter in a new book of life with the new house, building dams and waterways and all. Id close the old book on that last chapter, skip the auction, fire up "the machine" the night before the auction and let it run all the next day, in your general area of course.
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 5:47am
I feel for ya man! Worse thing you could do for yourself is go to the auction, it would be death by a thousand cuts
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 7:09pm
 YEAH, Good Buddy,,,DITTO what lou says,,,,No real good reason for you to go and just re-live old memories that will HURT you. 
 By the way,,,,,,when you gonna start hiring some "Help",,,,,you know,,,"help",,,,course,I 'ld expect at least minimum wage to start, with regular promotions ,,,,,,Clap
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 7:27pm
Maybe he would give you room and board, if ya work really hard!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:42am
i SPOSE he could sleep in the old motorhome...then he could start unhooking the engine before bed! do I haftz cook for ya too?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:15am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

Maybe he would give you room and board, if ya work really hard!

CHIT John,,I just figured free ROOM & BOARD would SURELY be included in the bargain,,, seeing as how I Always work hard, (when nobody is looking),,,,WinkWink  You know it ain't WHAT YOU DO,,,,it HOW MUCH you cAN get done,,,,Wink
 You know,,,ole Shameless,,,you just can't get too much past him, can you?? He got me figured out at first stroke,,,,I WAS planning to sneak my tool box into the motor home and work on unbolting the 454 and remove it piece by piece if I had to,,,BUT NOOoooo,,,he done squelched that idea,,,,BUT,,,,there IS STILL another way,,,,,,more later,,,,Clap
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 10:00pm
Joe does ya think that block will fit in your lunch box? I know, even stropped down to bare block it would never fit in my regulation Rawhide lunch box featuring Rowdy Yates aka Clint Eastwood on the lid, even w/o the Thermos.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 8:04am

You know,,,Lou,,I think GM put extra weight in them BBC's just to fool fellars like me tryin to make a decent living,,,!! THat one I tore down,,,I could hardly pick up ONE cylinder head,,,ONE!!  Heaviest head I ever did have to carry,,!!
  Was really hoping ole Shameless had to go to one of thrm auctions he always talkin about,,,,then I could run over and get his 190 that gots that winch setup and just jerk that engine out, load it on my trk,,leave him a quick note and haul azz,,,,,,reckon that'd work,,,,??LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 2:03am
lifted a big ole diesel engine off a combine with that crane on the 180, i know it'll pick up a dinky 454 engine!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:49pm
I went to the auction site but it no longer lists your place.  Inquiring minds need to know how much money you will be spending on the new house, and the pretty machine?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:07am
lol...John! I was completly not involved with the auction. I retained my 1/3 of the farm ground last Sept was the ownership time. this auction was for the stockholders selling off their ground. what was left of Dad's and Grandpa's farm.   there was 3 tracts left: 27 acres, 126 acres, and 81 acres. auction results were: $5150/acre, $11,600/acre, $9300/acre respectivly. they still have alot of expencises coming out of that money yet. plus taxes. the big green farmers did not buy any of it. 2 of the parcels will be farmed by others, and one parcel was purchased by Okeefe Elevator Company. they have been buying up alot of farm ground in the area and they then turn it into grasslands, no more farming of crops. they have 1000's of acres around here so far. I had alot of folks approch me at the auction asking if they could farm my ground? I told all of them NO! oh....and if any of ya'll will be selling your farm ground in the future....I would not recommend Farmers National Company to sell it. this was a pretty crude auction and they're advertising on the sale really sucked! I'm glad I was not involved in this sale.  well....other than what I retained, the rest of Dad's and Grandpa's farm is gone forever! I'm glad I was able to keep some of it. I still cherish it!  
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:17pm
Shameless I for one am glad you went to the auction. You know who bought it and the prices. You know who your neighbors are. With the family situation as you have stated it, maybe for the best. And now I hope you have some kind of closure and can move  on to your next journey with some peace knowing it's yours to do what you want. Go stand on your ground, smile and say this is MINE!! Good luck in the future. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:32pm
  Why is OEC buying land if their just turning it into grassland, for an investment, or some other purpose?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:37pm
I'm not for certain why O'keefe is doing what they are doing, but right now I applaude them for it. I do like seeing some of the land returning to the original way it was long ago. They apparently are not interested in profiting from any crops that could be grown on all the land they have been buying. maybe it's for an investment on land values down the road? God isn't making anymore ground, maybe it's their way of preserving what's out there that's left? Plus it should improve wildlife habitat alot! 
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:38pm
Oh, my mistake, I was thinking you were getting a smaller portion of the sale proceeds along with the land.  We were all looking forward to helping you spend it!  Hopefully someone other then the green guys will be farming the land next to you, maybe someone who respects the land and not just a crop miner.
I'm sure we will be more then happy to help you design your new house and give advice on how you should do it...

Oh, and I guess I don't have to go over to the stakeholder's place near me any more and write obscene comments on his lawn with Roundup?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 8:49pm
Thank you all....I now know who my new neighbors will be and so far I like them! Dad's house also sold, the house will be entertaining a new set of little kids with all the love that house provided for other families kids thru the years. I did provide alot of info on each parcel of land that sold to the new buyers, they all thanked me for that info! I even told the one about the BIG rock i found while plowing one day! and told another about not V-ripping the ground he just bought, unless he wanted to replace all the tile in that field that the auction company never mentioned! he really appreciated that! depending on who brings the beer on any certain days, I think we'll all be one big happy family....without the stockholders!    
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:54am
Great to hear your future is looking much brighter, Dale. Wishing you all the best to you and the loving wife from here on!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 11:23pm
I gotta be a bit more careful in the neighborhood, a Cop bought Dad's house, and he has a K-9, it'll be a bit harder to pull any tricks on him! oh...well...I been tormenting Cops for years...just ad one more to the list! 
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 6:21am
Careful, some of us might get friendly with that new neighbor of yours and have him cite you for willful intent when that machine gets out of line!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:20am
Knowing what a charmer Shameless must be to not be locked up already. They will test that no money bail out and he walks away again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic