This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IF,,,I did not know any better,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IF,,,I did not know any better,,,,,
    Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 11:11am

I would be thinkin that ole Shameless been prowling around my chickie coop last couple of weeks
 ,,,??  Now, I know the price of eggs is almost higher than a gallon of gasoline and am now on this side of getting concerned,,,,Ya see,,,I ain't picked up nary an egg from them chickies in over a week,,fact is,,it been 8 days I ain't seen a single egg out in the coop,,,,??  Now,,I ain't suspecting the neighbor,,altho,,he do look like a chickie hisself,,,,Wink (maybe cause he been eating so many eggs lately,,,??)
 Anybody been noticing ole Shameless's looks,,??
  NAW,,,he wouldn't do that to one of his best'est friends,,(would he?)
 Anybody got an idee what been happening with them chickies ,,,Chit, they may be On Strike,,,,??LOL
Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 11:34am
I know when it gets to darn hot quit laying for me
Or Shameless might be getting ready for Easter early
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 12:28pm
The heat was the first thing that came to my mind...but I am not a chiky person...

Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 12:59pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 2:57pm
Mama has a big Road Island Red that quit laying for about 3 weeks then started back. No explanation for either that we can see. Guess she needed a little R&R
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Mama has a big Road Island Red that quit laying for about 3 weeks then started back. No explanation for either that we can see. Guess she needed a little R&R

May have been egg-hausted...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 5:58pm
Any old varmint will eat eggs, if it gets a chance.................doesn't have to be a shamelesss one.

But most will leave at least a little bit of the shell behind. A snake is about the only one to take the whole darn thing and leave nothing. Wink But snake is not eating one a day, unless it is a big O'l imported one. Or you got more slithering around than even O'l Shameless says you do. LOL 

My guess is they are taking a break because of hot weather. But dang old chicken been known to eat their own eggs if you have the deluxe coop than no varmint can get in. So start checking early in the day and do it every hour or to to start with.

On giving more thought, you got dog that could take a egg in one gulp...................there is a Nebrasky fellow who would train your dog to do that and think is real funny.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 7:13pm
If I remember right, there is a few weeks that them chickens will go on strike, seems to be late summer,something to do with molting, IIRC. I'm surprised they all quit all at one time
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 9:11pm

Hey Michael V,,,I'm hoping that is what it is too,,, I cheched all the way around the fenced area and there are no signs of anything crawling in and out, and the two big dogs are not in same part of the yard,,,,? I be OK for bout 4-5 dfays then they better get to WORK,,else I'll have to go buy some store boughts,,,,,Clap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 7:44pm
how many eggs it take for buscuits?
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 11:55pm
If the pig is missing with the eggs,I would be concerned...
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:41am

Well, I got down to just one egg in fridge ,,SO,, I went out and had a heart to heart with the head Chickie and let her know what the score was,,,while I was waiting for an answer from her,,the others gathered up around HER and they demanded some better housing conditions and more food,,and no cheepie stuff, they said,,,,Well, after cuffing the closest one on the head and chasing the others,,,I went and got the water hose and hosed em down good,,,,,I got two eggs this morning!!!!! We is on good terms again,,,,,WinkClap
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 3:24pm
from what you are saying,,, you have learned how to handle the ladies... ... ... ... ... time will tell
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by FloydKS FloydKS wrote:

from what you are saying,,, you have learned how to handle the ladies... ... ... ... ... time will tell

Hey Floyd,,guess I'm getting ahead of them chickies,,,I got 4 eggs this Am,,,chit at this rate,,I'm gonna be looking for selling eggs,,,,,Clap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 6:59am
There ya go Joe...eggs is selling for $4. a dozen here at the farmers market, people sell out of them. they are big and fresh! there is an egg producing local and I know him, he says his eggs sit in a cooler until he gets enough to fill 3 semi's, then they are shipped out, sometimes it takes a month before shipping. chickies will kill and eat snakes!  
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 11:37am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

There ya go Joe...eggs is selling for $4. a dozen here at the farmers market, people sell out of them. they are big and fresh! there is an egg producing local and I know him, he says his eggs sit in a cooler until he gets enough to fill 3 semi's, then they are shipped out, sometimes it takes a month before shipping. chickies will kill and eat snakes!  

Well,,Good Buddy,,I'm shore glad you is always looking out for me,,,makes me feel as If I might need to thank you,,,SOOoo,,THANK YOU SHAMELESS,,,How's that for a thankee,,,???ClapClap

As a note,,,them chickies must of been "savin the makins", cause I got 4 more eggs this morning,,,!!!  I'm liking it,,!!!  HMMmmm,,$4 per dozen,,?? Thinkin I'll try my go at an "antrepanewer" and price mine at,,,,,$5 per 10 eggs,,,CHIT,,if walmart can price gouge  AND cut amounts,,,why can't I,,,,??ClapClap
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 11:45am
How old are these chickens? Mine are about to complete year one........has been 95F + for most of last month, and they have laid steady through it all. 13 birds.......9 to 10 egg average.

Will all molt and shut down late fall.......say Nov/Dec. That lasts 4 to 6 weeks. With luck, they stagger it so get enough eggs then to keep us running.

So then Spring of 2023, will need to start the next flock. This bunch will be spent.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 4:22am
 Aw Heck, Modirt,,,,I had no idea them chickies only lasted one year,,,Chit,,I was hopin maybe 2-3 years,,I kinda grown attached to them and they always come a-runnin and give me a few  "friendly pecks" on my pant sleeves when ole Joe is coming with the groceries,,,And,,,,and,,I like them eggs pretty good,,,  Two of the big ones will let me hold em and will set down on my arms,,that other one must be a communist as she don't like me too good,,,,WinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic