This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Return to retired

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Return to retired
    Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 5:33am
Friday was my last working day, again, guess my choice on final day/week may have been a good one as this morning the temperature and humidity swing is a full 180 to last week. Absolutely putrid outside, and I only have to take the mutt to the vet!!

Wife and I celebrated her birthday Yesterday, tomorrow is our 36th wedding anniversary and As of the beginning of June our 38th together.
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 6:14am
Congratulations on your re-retirement,and your anniversary, and yes sir it is certainly very thick out there this morning, I have two small outside jobs I have to get done but I'll have them done and back in the AC by 9 o'clock.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 6:35am
I'm practicing retirement right now with this wrist business.
I sure don't do much especially when it 95 out.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 1:38pm
Appears I get to join you, cracked two ribs in a shallow fall last Tuesday.  Couple weeks recovery.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:22pm
Dm be SURE NOT to sneeze or LAUGH !!!!!!
You'll know why 1-2 seconds later....BTDT, sorry but 'welcome to the club.'

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:44pm
I've cracked some ribs before and that's no fun at all.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:54pm
Cough is excruciating, brings back less than fond memories.
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:05pm
I've both broke and cracked ribs to many to count. They use to have ya put one of those stretch wraps on but they don't do that anymore because it could lead to pneumonia I guess. Hell of a lot more comfortable with one on I know that. Last time I just went and bought one myself and just took it off when I wasn't doing anything.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:07pm
NP that sees me suggested no wraps, lowest ribs do not have much inward support where does more harm than good.  Would hate to splay one and puncture a lung.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 6:22pm
Maybe you could borry one of Mr Blobby's girdles?Wink

Sure hope this don't a start you laughin...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 22 Jun 2022 at 6:23pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:45am
I couldn't use any wraps because it made it harder to breath than it already was.
A deep breath or a sneeze you better be sitting down. I just rode it out. Took awhile.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:46am
Yeah, NP said could take up to six weeks to heal enough not to rebreak.  Guess am being told take a vacation.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 12:44pm
Thank goodness you didn't clasp a lung. That's what happen to me 10 years ago along with cracked ribs. I was no fun but I survived.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 4:31pm
That stated by the NP as well, cautioned me to watch for shortness of breath, blood in sputum, blood in waste streams.  None of ANY so far, been working SOFTLY in yard on garden and adding miracle grow to our stunting veges.  Been walking with the Mutt and spending valued time on my butt!!!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:57am
  That can be rough to do but helps healing go faster 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:58am
Here is a New Twist, 'Clicking'.  Seems as the Pain subsides and I get more range of movement as I rolled over during light sleep or as reach in a twisted position I get a Click.

Sensation is similar if hold thumbs end to end, nails crossed slightly then press the upper thru the lower and Click the Nails.  Physical and audible same time, usually Do NOT try to repeat and alter position so do not repeat as just occurred.  Not knowing if a Broken Rib can heal separated at said break or not is the question.  Only others I had were attended during Traction for over two months so had no chance encounters as this.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 7:14pm
NP spoke to a surgeon, to him sounds as simple as a calcification nodule a muscle or tendon is crossing and popping, typical on broken ribs on back side.

She still recommends a region xray later this week into third week recovery to see what hides below skin.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 7:57am
Been getting progressively better for last two weeks, did note the pain at one point moved from L Side ribs to mid R Side back, NP said likely also angered a arthritic Lumbar or Thoracic region disc, and it faded over a two day period.  Am on the mend with return to farm and truck work.  Just In Time for OPPRESSIVE Heat and Humidity!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic