This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

while we are ragging on Ford else ware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: while we are ragging on Ford else ware
    Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

many times it is worn tires.... but the DAMPER wearing has been known to be a problem.. If it cant DAMPEN the vibration, then it gets worse...

Is there a fix for the Ford death wobble?
Ford is sending many customers a letter which says if your truck has “sustained steering wheel oscillation after hitting rough pavement or an expansion joint at speeds typically above 45 mph,” bring it to the dealer and it will replace the steering linkage damper for free. Ford says it takes about half a day.Dec 4, 2020

Ya Steve, I saw that, but it is from 2020. The problem is my truck is a 2005, but it only has 48k miles on it. I called a few dealers, they basically deny there is a problem. I told them I didn't expect them to fix it for free, just tell me what to do. All they would say is it is usually loose parts from lack of maintenance, bring it in and they would look at it, but couldn't tell me how much it would cost.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:44am
How about the new 7.3 gasser? I have been told that it will pull with the 6.0 diesel and with the 10 speed fairly economical. We all can thank CA for killing the diesel engine, they have had to make it so complex and expensive it is no longer an option. I don't know if you guys have heard but CA is on the way to kill the electric car as well, a friend just bought a Tesla and after all was said and done received an annual bill from the state of CA for $2000.00 in lieu of gas taxes, so along with killing fossil fuel fired power plants and nukes are out of the question, methane is out the window except for what is produced by Sacramento, there will be no way to charge a battery powered car except maybe when the sun shines or the wind blows.Smile.  Oh and  HI Lou  it has been a while

Edited by Tad Wicks - 25 May 2022 at 10:46am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:00am
many times it is worn tires.... but the DAMPER wearing has been known to be a problem.. If it cant DAMPEN the vibration, then it gets worse...

Is there a fix for the Ford death wobble?
Ford is sending many customers a letter which says if your truck has “sustained steering wheel oscillation after hitting rough pavement or an expansion joint at speeds typically above 45 mph,” bring it to the dealer and it will replace the steering linkage damper for free. Ford says it takes about half a day.Dec 4, 2020
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 10:23pm
I do have a peeve with Ford, the infamous death rattle front suspension in 250 SD's.
that went on for many years, starting in 2005. Ford won't own it, claims it is poor maintenance, despite the fact that it has been reported on new vehicles with less than 5000 miles. I have been told that they do offer a Service Bulletin w/kit, but I have been unable to confirm it. For those that have not had the pleasure of experiencing it, let me tell you it will scare the bejeepers out of you!

Now that I think about it, I think I posted on this already....dang, I'm getting old! you guys carry on, I think I'll take a nap

Edited by LouSWPA - 24 May 2022 at 10:26pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic