This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orange roof steel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange roof steel
    Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 8:00pm
The Upper Midwest A/C Club today voted to erect a storage building on the land purchased a couple of years ago.  We would like to find a source of roof steel in Orange, we have talked to some suppliers and there is a substantial upcharge for that color.  If anyone has built a building and used orange steel would you please contact me and then I can try and contact them. 612.280.3397
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 2:52am
RW built 2 buildings with orange/cream tin work, lives in Sutton NE
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 6:28am
In my opinion, I would think orange would be better on the sides , roof seems like it would fade real fast
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 6:42am
I agree with dougg, orange sides, natural 'silver' roof. Gives great contrast, makes it an outstanding building... all one colour will not be seen as easily.
When talking to steel suppliers or 'windows guys'  .ask about a 'cream' colour for trim !

OK, looked at 'www.vicwest.com', here in Canada. They have ORANGE, it's colour # 56063.
I've used their barnmaster panels for roofing.

They also have several 'creamy' colours.

great, now I want to build an AC shed for my AC tractors........

Edited by jaybmiller - 10 Apr 2022 at 6:51am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 10:54am
I understand that there are metal steel shingles that look like tile shingles. I wonder if they could be orange?
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 12:01pm
I would go with orange siding, cream roof, silver window trim
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 12:30pm
This is a great company in Cincinnati.  Way too far from you, but I'm sure Dave could point you to someone in your area.

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 10:50pm
Get a guarantee against fading if you can. There are a few orange buildings but they faded very fast.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 7:39am
Cleary Bldgs., Verona WI
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Wispitfiremike View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wispitfiremike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 9:19pm
Have seen a lot of Morton buildings too, pretty nice looking. Orange may be tough to keep from fading.
Myrastomean View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrastomean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 3:56am
I'm new to the forum, so I wanted to say hi and thank you for having me. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty finding orange roof steel for your storage building. Do you guys know about the best roofers in the Winston Salem area? I heard they have a great selection of colors and styles. Plus, they offer competitive prices. If that doesn't pan out, you could try asking around on social media and see if anyone has experience with orange steel. Just make sure to vet the source before you commit to any purchase. Good luck, and don't hesitate to give me a shout if you need any help!

Edited by Myrastomean - 23 Mar 2023 at 4:10am
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 4:46am
Spam reported...
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic