This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Case 580b?(not orange but?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 9:58am
Okay thanks much!
Sponsored Links

Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 10:25am
Can anyone tell me the difference between a oval muffler( it's what's spec'd for this diesel) compared to a straight round muffler that's on it?
I have a large oval cutout from my hood where a oval muffler should be...

Edited by Hunt4Allis - 16 Feb 2022 at 10:25am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 12:47pm
most oval mufflers are 3 pass back and forth and end up being quieter than the round mufflers that are normally straight thru ( with a baffle).
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 12:52pm
Fresh fuel and take it out and work it may clean it up a lot.

In addition to that, working a tractor that has been "setting" can loosen up some stuck or tarnished rings.... that might help you also.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 1:22pm
Right ok thanks for the info!
Ovals are more expensive but I'm getting one for it...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 10:03am
Why would someone that owned this before me have put studs/nuts on in place of regular bolts on 17.5L-24 r4 rear tires only on one side? ( One side of rear is standard original bolt heads other side of rear is large studs and nuts holding rim on?)
It doesn't really matter, I need to remove both to get new rubber on them that came with it that i plan on using rear outriggers to raise up enough to get off tractor and put large timbers under machine to block it up while there being changed but I just don't see why someone would do this and I dought it came this way from factory?( one with studs,one with bolts)
Thanks Matt
Thanks Matt

Edited by Hunt4Allis - 18 Feb 2022 at 10:05am
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 9:05pm
Side with studs/nuts probably got stripped out ( running loose)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 9:29pm
I bet you're right because they are a larger diameter stud than what the bolt would be I'm only assuming because the nut on the stud is inch and a 16th and the bolt head is only 7/8
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 2:51am
Either or both work well but they have to remain tight. When you have it apart look at both rims to ensure the seating areas are not compromised from being run loose.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 8:25am
5/8 bolts have 15/16 heads on them, and standard nuts..... "heavy" nuts for 5/8 bolts are 1-1/16 head.

if it is actually 7/8 head, that is a "heavy" 1/2 inch bolt (standard is 3/4")

Edited by steve(ill) - 19 Feb 2022 at 8:28am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 11:08am
Oh I know they will work but it was just me wondering why it would be that way. They are 7/8 headed bolts and the one rear tire is one and a 16th nuts on studs

Edited by Hunt4Allis - 19 Feb 2022 at 11:08am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 11:30am
All four wheels have a center hub that there is a raised part that they are on. Any tips for getting them loose?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic