This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loved orange tractors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loved orange tractors
    Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 11:58am
I had to put down my best friend last week. Border collie of 11 yrs. Take one step towards the shed & he'd be there circling a tractor waiting for me! I talked to him all the time, like  "I need a different wrench or we gotta go get gas, since we have a few cows we're always excited about rain, I guess he could sense the excitement would go crazy at the word RAIN!! At hay time he'd circle the tractor constantly, jump in the pond only for a few seconds and right back at it!!  The place just ain't the same without him!!  Seems like stuff hurts more when you get old!!CryConfusedBroken Heart   
Sponsored Links

Morpar55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morpar55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 1:24pm
Yeah, it sucks badly! I had to do the same with my "shop dog" in the middle of December. I think he had cancer, as around the beginning of November the weight just started falling off of him. He didn't seem to be suffering just less energy so we were willing to let him go naturally. He finally fell down in the driveway and couldn't get back up so we made the hard decision. I still end up stumbling over the bed in the shop where he liked to lay so he could keep and eye on me, but I can't bear to move it yet. Yeah, getting old sucks!
1959 AC D17 Gas with some updates
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 6:34pm
Never gets any easier to lose your best buddy. Each one has their own special personality and they all give unconditional love. Sorry for your loss.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 6:37pm

The Rainbows Bridge Poem
RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 9:43pm
I truly am sorry for your loss. Border Collie’s are special.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:59am
i'm sorry for the loss of your buddy! seems we all have to go thru it, it's never easy. i still miss some of my past buddies, even tho i have a few newer ones that give me love and laughs. each one had a different personality, and we are seeing yet new personalities coming out with the latest. go get you another buddy, it won't replace your lost one in several ways, but will give you another chance to show your love to. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 1:26am
It's always SO HARD to let that one crazy, underfoot, always in the way, smelly, wet,,,,,,, the one we love so dearly, go.  You'll be reminded every day and the years will pass and you will still remember certain things, different sounds and the eager wag of the tail, so glad to see you.
If you've got the patience, go get another.  It'll uplift your heart and get you out of bed in the morning.
So sorry for your loss and God bless you both.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 6:40am
So sorry.  That indeed hurts really bad, been there numerous times.  Hold on to the pleasant memories.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:42am
You shameless, most of the time you are a total goofball. Then you go and say something like that. That brought a tear to my eye. One of the greatest gifts God gave us is the ability to love things more fragile than ourselves. So sorry to hear about your buddy
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:23am
It's always painful to go through that. 
Thinking back to all the pets we had, there could have been some things that could have been handled differently as with all things in life to me anyway.

As I get older I appreciate more what was considered little things when I was younger like the dog or cat happy when you get home from work.

Yeah...I understand and swore I would never do it again and here I am having them bouncing around when I get home from work.

Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:15pm
Sorry for your loss we have had yo put down 4 in our 44 years of marriage and none of them were easy. They each had their unique qualities about them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic