This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane prices
    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:14pm
Just got the tank filled here in Southern Illinois and paid $2.19 a gallon. Just curious what you all might be paying. Ryan
Sponsored Links

TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:25pm
Pre bought in August  $2.39 gal.  Local fill up for 20# grill tank $3.24 per gal.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:43pm
1.99 here
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 9:22pm
If I had not contracted it last fall, it would have cost $2.20 last week at 1 COOP. 3 blocks down the street at farmers coop it was $1.70 down from $1.90. This was Jan 3rd prices.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 9:48pm
Contract signed last June for $1.49/gal. Was $0.99/gal for a couple of years before that
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:54pm
The guy at the local propane delivery outfit claims the price is high because a lot of it is being shipped to China, hadn't heard that before.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 3:37am
China imports nearly all their LPG, refine it for household use. They do not store large volumes at individual homes just tote tanks. No pipeline systems readily available and little gas supplies there.
They also import CNG, refine that for export of Ammonia, Urea and other compounds as well as use the gas in country.
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:34pm
We just received an emergency exemption for hours of service do to the propane shortage. Natural gas was in short supply this fall because of exports, now propane is too
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:07pm
2.39 in central Mo last week
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:34am
I got some last week in East Central, IL for $2.09/gallon.
Morpar55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morpar55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:48am
It sticks in my head we paid $1.49 a gallon this summer when we filled up. After the debacle 8 or 9 years ago where there was a propane shortage in the middle of a cold winter I had my 500 gallon tank replaced with a 1,000 gallon tank the next summer. Not only do we get through the winter without a refill, we get the gas at a cheaper price by buying in the summer. I know when we did the initial cost estimate to see if it was really worth it or not even if our supplier started actually charging us the $75 a year tank rental fee we would save about $250 annually just from not paying the higher winter cost. I ended up doing the same for my shop as well.
1959 AC D17 Gas with some updates
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Morpar55 Morpar55 wrote:

It sticks in my head we paid $1.49 a gallon this summer when we filled up. After the debacle 8 or 9 years ago where there was a propane shortage in the middle of a cold winter I had my 500 gallon tank replaced with a 1,000 gallon tank the next summer. Not only do we get through the winter without a refill, we get the gas at a cheaper price by buying in the summer. I know when we did the initial cost estimate to see if it was really worth it or not even if our supplier started actually charging us the $75 a year tank rental fee we would save about $250 annually just from not paying the higher winter cost. I ended up doing the same for my shop as well.

Mopar keep a close eye on the price.
When we had a rental tank they charged us $75.00 per year and .75 cent a gallon extra on propane over customers who own their tank.
When I learned this I bought immediately.
And I can use whoever I wish to fill my tank.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 12 Jan 2022 at 8:19pm
Morpar55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morpar55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 2:16pm
We looked into buying a tank when we went with the 1,000 gallon ones. The local propane suppliers don't offer any discount with who owns the tank, and our supplier (who we have done business with for 30 years now) usually has the lowest price around. And to be fair they have never hit us up for the tank rental fee, as they told me they basically use that if the customer doesn't buy enough gas. Again, even if they hit me up with the rental fee every year it is still cheaper than a fill in January when the price is up close to a dollar a gallon. Plus I have piece of mind that if there is a shortage again I don't have to go get electric heaters to keep the house warm! Once was enough for that little lesson.
1959 AC D17 Gas with some updates
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by Morpar55 Morpar55 wrote:

Molar keep a close eye on the price.
When we had a rental tank they charged us $75.00 per year and .75 cent a gallon extra on propane over customers who own their tank.
When I learned this I bought immediately.
And I can use whoever I wish to fill my tank.

Hey Thad,,I think I am where you were before. When we first moved out here, bout 30 yeras ago, the house was total electric that came with a HUGE electric monthly bill. As the water heater gave up, I replaced it with a propane one and started renting a small 100 gallon tank with no rental fee. Then when I added on a big country kitchen, I replaced the electric stove with a propane stove. I don't remember what we paid for propane but must of been ok as the wife never complained.
 Somewhere along the line they started charging a $75/year tank rental.
 I'm pretty sure that ole Joe is gonna go to that place tamarrow morning to see exactly what it is costing me and act accordingly,,,,,,
Dale (Stonelick) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale (Stonelick) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 6:25pm
My price in southwest Ohio:

Nov 5, 2021 $3.15
Dec 29, 2021 $2.86
Jan 27, 2022 $2.97

I rent my tank ($125/yr) so I cannot shop for best price.  I pay higher than market because I'm a low volume user.

I periodically check national/local mkt prices:

1951 CA - 1944 C - 1949 B - Kubota M6800
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 1:29pm
I got 150 gallons earlier this week. $1.89 here

DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:51pm
Our contract is at $1.39.  I own both my (1000gal) tanks... my company doesn't charge me for ownership or rental.  We usually contract about 1800 gallons for the season.  We had one tank full (80%), the other at 50% as of December 28, and today we're at 39% and 50%, so we've run around 310 gal so far, we'll be well into march before we call in another delivery, and that will carry us through most of the summer.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:56pm
Filled up today at 2.19
Don’t know why we were low. Usually fill up mid summer and good until the following summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic