This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:27am
he still shows up as a MEMBER.. but i dont know his status on being able to post or use mail... Actually has not been on the site for  over a week.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

kspokesfan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspokesfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 11:12am
You shouldn't hold that against people. I just found out this site existed.I have been parting out a D-17. I have gotten some good information from here. I don't have a lot of posts.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 4:05pm
He got me too! Same scenario. If I knew how to get where he was at he wouldn't scam anyone else. Anyone know how to trace email locations? I really want to find this guy as the parts I got scammed on were for dads Christmas
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 6:36am
Call the FEDS, he's apparently doing it to multiple people. Persistence pays off. 
midwestmac View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midwestmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 8:16am
I posted a WTB walkasha motor o here.  On 12/5 I got a PM from Nyben123 saying he had one and to tx 719-315-0964 if I was still looking.  I did so.  On 12/8 I get a tx at 3AM with 2 pictures of a motor.  Nothing else.  I didn't respond.  At 10AM the next morning I get a tx from him that says Hello.  So a very odd way to try to do business.  I tx him and tell him I want to talk.  I have questions.  I haven't heard anything else.
I recently saw this post.  I'm not on here often.  I thought I would add my experience.  
I don't know if he can be tracked by a phone #.  I still have the tx in my phone.
And while I'm here I had an attempted scam from a recording that said they were Amazon security.  An I phone had been charged and shipped to Baltimore.  I thought it was legit.  It wasn't.  They didn't get any money but they caused me a lot of work and grief closing a bank account.  It had nothing to do with this site but I thought I would share.  
They are out there and getting worse.
Pat

Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 10:13am
I've had every possible phone scam attempt you can imagine. Sometimes I just hang up and if I'm already in a bad mood I will play along till I get an actual person(foreign) and then give them a cowboy cussing they will never forget. It doesn't keep them from calling again but if everyone did this they might eventually quit and get a REAL job.   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 1:18pm
Oh the fun you can have with those people who call trying to sell those car warranties!
 I pretend to be a little old lady and wont give them a make or model for about 10 minutes if I can. 
The computer scammers don't call me anymore either. I held one on the phone for half an hour as I was driving and pretending to boot up my computer and allow him to log on to it for me........ LMAO!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 6:46pm
Two things have to happen to stop scamming...

First, we have to be aware of what's happening... (so they can't get you)

Second... we have to lure them into a well-enclosed trap.

If you can lure them into a trap where some of us can spring it... they won't scam anymore.

It's not 'cruel and unusual' if you do it every day...
...it's just cruel...

LOL

Edited by DaveKamp - 21 Dec 2021 at 6:47pm
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 6:50pm
I like your idea! I'm ready to catch the rotten animal in the trap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 6:28am
get an address where you can send a check to.....
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 7:13am
He won't respond to me and not sure how to get in touch with him until he tries again. I need a address to send a check
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:04am
The rotten theiven fool probably already read this thread since he looks here to see who can be his next victim.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:24am
Yea he read it yesterday morning. I sent him a nice personal message
structures View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote structures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:28am
Probably should make this a sticky. Or post up some buying guidelines to protect others.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 2:33pm
I agree with that
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 11:32pm
They're still at it on multiple forums online, and they've been using those "burner" email addresses for some time now. ALWAYS Google search the contact info of people you're doing business with online!!! Also, you should never send money through Paypal friends and family unless you've been doing business with someone for a long time..

https://www.gtoforum.com/threads/wanting-to-buy-1970-pontiac-400-ys-9799914.139874/

https://www.titantalk.com/threads/wtb-rear-diff-full-housing.430903/

https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/wtb-5mm-spacers-with-bolts.54045/

https://www.srt10forum.com/threads/looking-for-a-long-block-engine.36151/

They're also using the email address: brucetravis406 @ gmail . com

https://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/wtb-gen-2-oem-front-bumper-and-skid-plate.29789/#post-297015

https://www.4btswaps.com/threads/wanted-hx30.110201/

https://www.snowboardingforum.com/threads/wtb-2014-burton-mystery-162.264915/

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/threads/wtb-diablo-6-0-wheels.223397/

https://www.impalassforum.com/threads/wtb-z28-cluster-in-kmh.1320412/

https://www.coloradofans.com/threads/wtb-rough-country-4-lift-kit-front-shock-extentions.424489/

Edited by Bird76Mojo - 29 Dec 2021 at 11:33pm
allis4ever View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 9:21am
add michstewart51@gmail to the list of possible scammers as he wanted to send me a "cashiers check" and had a "reputable hauler" who would pick up the tractor as soon as the money arrived LOL  Once I asked him what year my 220fwa was made in (a true allis collector would know this) he quit responding.  Death penalty to all hackers and scammers would solve this crap.   Most of the time you can tell these guys by how the message sounds, but some are getting pretty slick and its easy to get caught by them.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 9:35am
They definitely need taught a lesson for sure
allis4ever View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 4:29pm
If we put the a-holes to death it is the next guy thinking of doing the same thing that will get (and needs) the lesson.    These people don't deserve the lesson anymore.

just a thought lol
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:37am
They are back, new name.

Bobwhite7082

Chrissteve364@gmail.com
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:05am
Hopefully they didn't get you! They need a good ol bullet and you won't have to worry about them anymore
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:45pm
They sent me a pm about a 7080 fuel gauge just this morning, I didn't open it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:19pm
No it seemed fishy from the start and poor wording. I sent them a friendly message back!
Tinslinger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:47pm
But then newbies like me are just wasting time on such a fine site.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:55pm
if your trying to LEARN and gather info, then its definitely not a waste of time..

If you show up and a week later try to start SELLING PARTS..... probably not a good idea.. Need to be around a while first.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:53pm
Amy Leigh Hanchett is another scammer. She contacted me after I posted an ad on the Forum. She has my money and my tire. It was a total rip off!
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 6:39pm
Its unfortunate. All members start off with 0 points. Are we going to label everyone with a low points score that wants to sell parts a scammer?? Even if they are really not one? Look at the few people that commented above that aren't on thsi site much or just found it.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Tinslinger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:18pm
Exactly the point I was trying to make. Luckily, I have just purchased my Grandfather’s D-15 that he bought new when I was quite young. I sought out this site to seek help and information. I’m not sure I have enough years left to satisfy your post count requirements.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:50pm
If your around for a year or two and make 50 post, people will consider you acceptable to BUY parts from..... If your here to SEEK HELP and INFORMATION as you said, then you should not have any problems at all.. does not effect you , right ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:22pm
The message I got was pretty easy to tell, I also googled the email address. Bunch of hits came up all labeled as a scammer. But some people are not as good with the internet and knowing what’s a scam or not. Just trying to pass the word along and help……………..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic