This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
V8cat359 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8cat359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WARNING !!!!
    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:44am
Do not respond to Andyjackson1920 on this forum. He is a SCAMMER. He sent me a PM directing me to a friend of his with the email JAMESBILL1934@GMAIL.COM. saying that he had business specializing in older Allis parts, and that he had the correct part I was looking for. I emailed him and after he sent me pics of the part I sent payment through PayPal as he requested as that was the only form of payment that he accepted. Also as he requested, I sent it friends and family to expedite the shipping process. As soon as the payment cleared his account he stopped responding to my attempts to contact him. PayPal refused to do anything because I had sent it friends and family. That was my fault for being ignorant about PayPals policy as I never use it, so part of it is on me. I tried to contact Jacksonandy1920 here on the forum and now he won't respond either. I just wanted to let everyone else know to avoid doing business with these individuals.
Sponsored Links

ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:25am
Thanks for the warning. Sorry you were taken. I was raised to trust people and nowadays that often doesn't work.
Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:18am
Sorry to hear.  Doing business gets a little harder all the time, and the internet has sure been a double edged sword. Nice to be able to find parts that were once impossible nearly to find, but the scammers get smarter and sneakier all the time. Thanks for the word of warning.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:53am
He has been on this site for 4 months ............

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Nov 2021 at 3:22pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:55am
Yup he sent me a PM on the 7030/50 post I had
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:21am
Yes he sent me a reply to an ad on a single front wheel. He sent me an email for a james bill. I contacted him and he said he had the part and i asked for a picture to confirm and he sent three or four pictures of nothing related to a single front wheel. So i just stopped communicating with him.
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:22am
Yeah, that a**hole scammed me too.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:01am
Scammers need to be dealt with appropriately! I am also too trusting!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:21am
You are so right there Ed, me too
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:29am
sigh, sounds like fraud over the internet, maybe cross state boarders ?
I know , PITA but file a complaint, naming him AND PAYPAL... to FBI  ???
whatever 3 letter guv that handles FRAUD on a federal level.

Actually send Paypal an email saying you WILL be filing in federal court within the next 72 hours...you might get them to ponyup the coins.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
so he never posted anything. And just pm you guys. That sucks. DSeries4, how did he get you.
I had someone try to scam us with hay. Texted me wanting to know how much per bale. After a few texts the lingo he was using didn’t really fit hay buyers. So I says I have some nice 6th cutting of Hawaiian Timothy alfalfa. He said yea he’ll take it. He’ll send a check but going to send more then cost and I have to send the cost of delivery to the trucker. I stopped communicating. He sent check to. I gave to detective friend. Don’t know if he ever found anything out.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:34am
I may or may not be going through this right now. Posted wanting a 5050 grille some member sends me a pm that his friend has one. Contact him through email. Wants to PayPal, told him him I don’t do that, send him a money order priority mail, to an address he is supposed to be sending me the grille, hope I am wrong but I am thinking now I may have been took. I went back and checked PM sender, he was only here for two posts over a 5 day period. He is still responding to my emails so I hope it’s legitimate.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 12:44pm
Yeah that lowlife if still prowling. Looking for a ring gear for my U a few days ago and same deal as Michael had. PayPal is great if you know who’s on the other end.
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 1:10pm
  I put and ad in our daily press for two Gravity  Boxes and Gears, Guy calls
me up and wants to send a cashiers check and a friend will pick them up. Could
have been okay but I  had heard about some people and cashiers checks. I sent
him text that I wanted to do this face to face and no answer.

J Carlson
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:34pm
This sucks that this is still happening! My lesson learned here a while back is anytime you get someone seeking you out and they just joined…it’s very likely a scam.That’s how I got hit and like a dumba$$ I didn’t even bother to look.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:39am
In ANY 'dealing'... ALWAYS get a phone number ! Call  leave msg for him to call you back say in 1 hr. In the meantime lookup the number using Google,at the very least Area Code puts him 'somewhere'.
That way ,it'll only cost you a bit of airtime to see if he's legit. It also gives the cops another way to track the SOB, if needed.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:42pm
I know it sucks but you might as well just write it off as a screwing along life's path. Not much use getting LAW ENFORCEMENT involved. If you watch the news any at all lately it's apparent that thieves are in control now and looks like they will be for at least 3 more years.
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:39pm
Right on KY!
I answered an add many years back on a motorcycle for sale.  Guy said he would make me a good deal but I had to wait for it to be shipped as it was in storage at a base he was PCSing from.  I asked where, he told me a base, told him no problem, I have a brother stationed there and want him to look at it first.  All of a sudden, opps, it was at a different base in florida being stored by a friend and was getting shipped.  Well.... I told him no problem, I have a sister in that state and would use this as an excuse to go visit her and pick the bike up in person.  The moron then said, oh, it has already been shipped, told him cool, I'll visit him and look at the bike in person but no down-payment until I see it.  After that, could not get him to answer e-mails.  I could tell from the start he/she was a scammer so I just played along and had fun with the idiot.
Another occasion I was selling a boat on a local craig's list.  Well, I got a full priced offer but the thing was, he was out of country so he would send me a check that covered price and shipping to one of his friends.  But, the check he had was bigger as it was one he had received.  I was to ... cash the check, take out what he owe'd me and send him back the difference after I take out a commission for allowing him to do it this way.  I told him no problem, gave him an address of the local police department.  I don't know if the fool sent them a check but I got tired and stopped messing with the dumb-arse.
These scams are as old as... well, me.
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:17pm
yea,, someone was trying this same type scam bout a year or so ago,,I was looking for some 220 parts,, he tole me to email his friend,, well, I done that and he showed me pics of someone else's items on ebay,CL or wherever he could find them,, I never ssent money cause he couldn't come up with the right part(guage hood on a 220,, they kinda hard to find) I jus quit messing with him...
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:15am
Sorry you were scammed. We received 2 packages from Amazon that we didn't order. The sender charged Lisa's credit card. Lisa spent about 2 hours on the phone last night trying to straighten it out. Amazon was NOT cooperative. The Amazon rep kept insisting that we ordered these items, which we did not. Kept insisting we should pay for them. After about an hour and a half the Amazon rep finally, reluctantly agreed to start a fraud investigation but did NOT guarantee that we won't have to pay the bill. The credit card company will cancel Lisa's card & send her a new one with a different number. 
V8cat359 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8cat359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:39pm
I would have been suspicious, but the pictures he sent of the part were exactly right and the price was reasonable. Lesson learned...
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:30pm
its sad to say the least but you have to turn it over to your local law enforcement. please do so. at least try. you might get lucky but at least that guy will get in the system as a scanner.  i learned along time ago, if i cant call them then i do no business with them. 
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:31pm
i meant scammer
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 6:33am
So..... Has the BAN  HAMMER come out? Lets get this BUM off here!

I wonder if he will give me an address that I can come look at some parts..... HE HE. 

Bring GUIDO. 
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

In ANY 'dealing'... ALWAYS get a phone number ! Call  leave msg for him to call you back say in 1 hr. In the meantime lookup the number using Google,at the very least Area Code puts him 'somewhere'.
That way ,it'll only cost you a bit of airtime to see if he's legit. It also gives the cops another way to track the SOB, if needed.

With phone number spoofing being used by scammers worldwide, that will do absolutely no good whatsoever.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:37am
agree with you Bird. spoofing sucks and should be illegal. 

OOOOh you know what would be fun? Tell this guy to send you a number to call to discuss the product. 

Then SPOOF a number NEXT DOOR and call.....LOL

Wonder if he'd cr4p his drawers. There's a guy on youtube that tears scammers a new one by pretending to need computer help when the scammers call and then backdoors into their stuff. Hilarious. 

Edited by corbinstein - 03 Dec 2021 at 6:40am
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:44am
he was back on Nov 30, visiting the page and lurking around... Still here... Still no posts.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 12:51am
Apparently he's been cut from the site.  I tried to look his profile up and hes not listed.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 6:30am
Good

structures View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote structures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 7:13am
I've been meaning to post that I've had a couple scammers reach out to my wtb ad.  I think it's just good practice to NOT respond to anybody with low or no post counts.  Just too risky.

jacksonandy1920 and Nyben123
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic