This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acp80 Forklift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acp80 Forklift
    Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 3:42pm
Thank you for allowing me to search your brain, mine is worn out looking for information concerning this unit. I have been successful at finding the parts to rebuild the G230 Buda engine in it, but I can find no specs. I would like to have torques and clearances and willing to purchase if available. My dream would be a service manual on the forklift if it also included the Buda information.
A bit about myself, I am a retired Cat mechanic that restores old equipment as my hobby. I could "wing it" for the specs but prefer the beast to be at its best when I finish. AC bought Buda in 1953 and I think this unit is about that age because the AC ID plate is just glued on the block and unused rivet holes on the opposite side.
Model #   Allis Chalmers ACP 80 Dual DR
Serial #   27306022
Weight 13300  Pounds
Lift   8000  Pounds
Engine - Buda
Engine Model #  G-230
Engine Cat  #  4516758
Engine S/N   G-69191  
Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:43pm
welcome to the forum.
Which department of cat did you work.
Mike Murray View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:06pm
Field Service, service truck putting out fires.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:40am
I see I am asking questions that are very difficult for you as well. I believe the Buda G-230 engine was used in other machines, a combine comes up periodically, but I can not find anything on that front either.
Any ideas why this unit is so elusive?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:40pm
you might try searchin www.liberatedmanuals.com...
'allis lift 8000' in the serch will narrow down the 1,000s of manuals to a few 100 or so....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 9:41am
Thank you Jay for your interest. I have searched this site several times, and still search it again and again, because it is so large. It is like this forklift has never existed, and it kept its engine with it.

I wonder if maybe very few were built so not wide spread like some units??? The g-230 was soon replaced with the g-262, so maybe few were made??? AC also used the diesel side of Buda extensively.

I found one service/parts manual on the ACP80, but it has a waukashaw engine...
Misc. Tractors Kalmar AC ACP80 AK0130070 Manual Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manuals Shop

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:39pm
If I can submit a pdf file to this site, it is the best I have found. It is from Sandy lake implement and is about a hundred k in size.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:46am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:13am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 9:17am
Is there anyone else out there or am I just entertaining myself here?

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 11:39am
Wink We keep reading, even though I don't know much about forklifts. Wink Oh other than there should be more of them in the world.LOL

For what ever reason there is never a lot of response on forklift questions.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 12:20pm
  Have a Merry Christmas  

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 8:31am
Thank you gentlemen, I know I am not alone now. I am still looking for a parts manual for the Buda and will post anything I find. Merry Christmas.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 1:45pm
Look and see if Binder books has what you are looking for. Don't have all the AC but some. And a new place the IH guys are real happy with is Peaceful Creek manuals. Both have very good quaintly. If you get real desperate Jen sales seem to have everything, but are photo copies of copies so you still guess about part of the time.  
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 6:30pm
We are out here but just not much data that I have related to these AC forklifts. Even though I have a smaller one I have not located much information. Again maybe not checking with the correct folks? There was a company I got some parts from that might help. You would have to find there name in my old thread on the F-40 that I got going. 
Mine smokes like crazy on gas. But it is not on the list to rebuild. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
SLee(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLee(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 8:02pm
i believe the Gleaner A and/or A II combines used the G230 engine. I think that's the only AC farm equipment to use that engine. Good Luck
Steve
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 8:51pm
The history of forklifts

Forklift industry merger and acquisition history
From the very start, the forklift industry has been riddled with various mergers, buyouts, collaborations, and acquisitions. This can make it confusing to keep track of OEMs when ownership of a forklift brand is constantly changing. Check out this timeline of the history of the major manufacturers in the forklift industry to help you make sense of your products.
The 1800s
⦁    1868, Yale: Yale Lock Manufacturing Co. (USA) is formed, later becoming Yale and Towne Manufacturing Co.
⦁    1890, Caterpillar: Caterpillar (USA) is founded by Benjamin Holt and Daniel Best.
⦁    1896, Doosan: The Doosan Group (South Korea) is founded.
⦁    1898, Baker: Baker Motor Vehicle Co. (USA) is founded to build electric cars. Soon, Baker increases its product line to include electric load trucks.
1900 – 1920
⦁    1901, Allis-Chalmers: The Allis-Chalmers Company (USA) is founded.
⦁    1903, Allis-Chalmers: Allis-Chalmers acquires the Bullock Electric Company.
⦁    1907, Linde: The Linde Air Products Company (Germany) is established.
⦁    1917, Komatsu: Komatsu Iron Works (Japan) is established, later becoming Komatsu Ltd. In 1921.
⦁    1919, Clark: Clark Tructractor Company (USA) is established as a division of the Clark Equipment Company.
⦁    1919, Towmotor: Towmotor Corporation (USA) is founded.
1920 – 1940
⦁    1920s, Hyster: Hyster’s (USA) parent companies, Electric Steel Foundry and Willamette Iron & Steel Works, are established.
⦁    1920, Mitsubishi: Shibaura Works of Ohte-Shokai K.K. is established as a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co., Ltd., which eventually becomes Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (Japan).
⦁    1922, Raymond: Raymond Corporation (USA) is formed.
⦁    1929, Linde: Linde takes over Güldner-Motoren-Gesellschaft, a German engine and tractor manufacturer.
⦁    1930s, Yale: Yale acquires BKS forklifts in Germany.
⦁    1934, Hyster: Electric Steel Foundry and Willamette Iron & Steel Works have combined into Willamette Hyster Company and an early straddle-carrier forklift model is produced.
1940 – 1960
⦁    1942, CESAB: CESAB (Italy) is founded.
⦁    1943, Cascade: Cascade Manufacturing Co. (USA) is founded.
⦁    1944, Hyster: Willamette Hyster Company is renamed Hyster Company.
⦁    1945, Crown: Crown Equipment Corporation (USA) is founded.
⦁    1946, BT: BT Forklifts (Sweden) is founded.
⦁    1947, Hyundai: The Hyundai Group (South Korea) is founded.
⦁    1949, TCM: Toyo Carriers Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Japan) is founded.
⦁    1950, Prime-Mover: The Prime-Mover Company (USA) is founded by the Home-O-Nize Company of Iowa.
⦁    1952, Komatsu: Komatsu acquires Ikegai Automobile Manufacturing Co. and Chuetsu Electro Chemical Co.
⦁    1952, Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi is renamed Mitsubishi Nippon Heavy-Industries, Ltd.
⦁    1953, Jungheinrich: Establishment of H. Jungheinrich & Co. Maschinenfabrik (Germany).
⦁    1953, Allis-Chalmers: Allis-Chalmers acquires the Buda Engine Co., adding diesel engines to its product line.
⦁    1956, Toyota: Toyota Motor Corporation (Japan) introduces its first forklift model, the LA 1-ton truck.
⦁    1956, Towmotor: Towmotor acquires Gerlinger Carrier Company.
⦁    1957, Nissan: The first Nissan (Japan) forklift is produced.
⦁    1958, Heli: Anhui Heli (China) is established
1960 – 1980
⦁   
1960s, Doosan: Korea Machinery Co., Ltd. begins importing forklifts as part of a national machinery expansion project.
⦁    1962, Halla: Hyundai International Inc. is founded.
⦁    1963, Yale: Yale merges with Eaton Manufacturing.
⦁    1963, Towmotor: Towmotor acquires Ohio Gear Company.
⦁    1965, Caterpillar, Towmotor: Towmotor becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Tractor Company.
⦁    1970, Komatsu: Komatsu America Corp. is established in the U.S.
⦁    1976, TCM: TCM America (MBK), Inc. is established.
⦁    1976, Doosan: Korea Machinery merges into Daewoo Heavy Industries Ltd.
⦁    1977, Baker, Linde: Linde acquires Baker Material Handling Corporation.
⦁    1978, Halla: Hyundai International Inc. is rebranded as the Halla Group (South Korea).
1980 – 2000
⦁    1980s, Allis-Chalmers: Allis-Chalmers begins selling off some of its subsidiaries in the face of rapid economic change.
⦁    1980, Hoist: Forklift Exchange is founded in the suburbs of Chicago, IL.
⦁    1984, Hyster: ⦁    Hyster Company is acquired by ESCO Corporation.
⦁    1984, Linde: Linde acquires Fenwick, the largest French lift truck manufacturer.
⦁    1985, Yale: Yale is acquired by NACCO Industries, Inc., and Yale Materials Handling Corporation is established.
⦁    1985, Komatsu: Komatsu America Manufacturing Corp. and Komatsu America Industries LLC are both established in the U.S.
⦁    1986, Cascade: Cascade forms a joint venture with Xiamen Forklift Company of China (Xiamen-Cascade Corp., Ltd.).
⦁    1988, Toyota: Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing, Inc. (TIEM) is established in Indiana as a joint venture with Toyota Motor Corporation.
⦁    1988, TCM: TCM Manufacturing USA, Inc. is founded.
⦁    1988, Prime-Mover: ⦁    Prime-Mover is acquired by BT Industries AB of Sweden.
⦁    1989, Hyster: ⦁    Hyster Company is acquired by NACCO Industries, Inc.
⦁    1989, Linde: Linde ⦁    acquires Lansing Bagnall, a British forklift manufacturer.
⦁    1992, Yale: Yale Europe Materials Handling is established.
⦁    1992, Caterpillar, Mitsubishi: Caterpillar and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries together ⦁    form Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America, Inc. (MCFA).
⦁    1993, Nissan: Nissan Forklift Corporation North America is established.
⦁    1993, Komatsu: Komatsu Cummins Engine Co., Ltd. and Cummins Komatsu Engine Company are established in Japan and the U.S., respectively.
⦁    1994, Hyster, Yale: NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. (NMHG) is established.
⦁    1994, Hoist: Forklift Exchange ⦁    acquires Silent Hoist and Crane, a Brooklyn-based company. It is rebranded as Hoist Liftruck Manufacturing, Inc. (USA).
⦁    1995, Toyota: Toyota Industrial Equipment, S.A. (TIESA) is established in France as a joint venture with Toyota Motor Corporation and Manitou B.F.
⦁    1997, BT, Raymond: Raymond Corp. is ⦁    acquired by BT Industries AB for $353 million, and BT Raymond is established.
⦁    1997, Halla: ⦁    Halla collapses under the pressure of the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis.
⦁    1998, Clark: Clark Material Handling Company acquires the Samsung Fork Lift Company of Korea.
⦁    1998, Allis-Chalmers: The remaining Allis-Chalmers manufacturing companies are divested.
⦁    1999, Allis-Chalmers: Allis-Chalmers officially closes its main offices.
2000 – Present day
⦁    2000, BT, Toyota: Toyota acquires BT Industries AB of Sweden.
⦁    2000, Komatsu: Komatsu establishes global collaboration with the Linde Group in manufacture and sales of lift trucks, agreeing to make Komatsu Forklift Co., Ltd. a joint venture between the two.
⦁    2000, Komatsu: Komatsu acquires Hensley Industries, Inc.
⦁    2000, CESAB, Toyota: Toyota Industries Group acquires CESAB.
⦁    2000, Hoist: Hoist ⦁    acquires Elwell-Parker.
⦁    2001, Hoist: Hoist acquires Schreck and Autolift.
⦁    2003, Clark: Clark Material Handling Company ⦁    is acquired by Young An Hat Company of Korea.
⦁    2005, Doosan: Doosan ⦁    acquires Daewoo Heavy Industries.
⦁    2006, Toyota: Toyota Material Handling Group (TMHG) is established.
⦁    2006, Linde: Linde Material Handling breaks off from the Linde Group and ⦁    becomes a part of the KION Group. The KION Group is then⦁     acquired by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
⦁    2006, Prime Mover: BT decides to ⦁    discontinue offeringPrime Mover brand
⦁    2007, Nissan: ⦁    Nissan Forklift acquires Atlet AB.
⦁    2007, Komatsu: Komatsu Forklift Co., Ltd. is integrated into Komatsu Utility Co., Ltd. after Komatsu buys out Linde’s portion of the joint venture.
⦁    2007, Doosan: ⦁    Doosan acquires Bobcat USA.
⦁    2009, TCM: TCM Corporation ⦁    becomes a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
⦁    2010, Jungheinrich: Jungheinrich ⦁    enters into an agreement with Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America to supply narrow aisle and walkie equipment to the MCF USA network.
⦁    2011, UniCarriers: UniCarriers Holdings Corporation (Japan) is ⦁    established.
⦁    2012, Hyster, Yale: ⦁    Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. is established as an offshoot of NMHG (NACCO Industries, Inc.).
⦁    2012, Nissan, TCM, UniCarriers: Nissan Forklift Co., Ltd. and TCM Corporation join UniCarriers Group.
⦁    2012, Linde: ⦁    Weichai Power becomes an investor in the KION Group.
⦁    2012, Cascade, Toyota: ⦁    Cascade is acquired by Toyota Industries.
⦁    2014, UniCarriers: ⦁    UniCarriers acquires Crepa B.V., a Dutch forklift sales company, and New England Industrial Truck, Inc.
⦁    2015, Mitsubishi, UniCarriers:⦁     Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. acquires UniCarriers in an attempt to compete with Toyota and the KION Group, the world’s top forklift manufacturers.
This information was gathered from the histories published on the websites of the various companies included on the timeline. Supporting information was also found through news sites, like those linked in some of the information above.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 6:01am
Makes one Wonder if any parts can remain available after all that spit swapping!!!

Edited by DMiller - 26 Dec 2021 at 6:01am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 9:48am
I have been amazed at the availability of parts. Between "https://www.reliancepowerparts.com/Products/SearchProducts
" and "ag kits" I found everything I needed except liners. Ebay had an oil pump. The most difficult was specs, but I am away now.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 8:48am
A couple more points of interest.

I purchased the oil pump from, Rock Valley Tractor Parts, 1-800-831-8543, Scott. Good price used part, great service.

I was frustrated with Jensales, They lead me along for several weeks before telling me they had nothing at all for me. They listed having everything I wanted, including liners. They even said they had my manuals, but did not. It could be the Buda, but others had my parts, except the liners and manuals.

I purchased main bearings, rod bearings, rings, complete gasket set and rebuilt the head. The oil pump drive gear was destroyed. This engine took water in the exhaust, accumulated in the oil pan, froze, then the engine was forced to turn over which broke two teeth from the oil pump drive gear. A saving grace, the distributor is also driven by that gear, so it would not start. The rings were wore right out and a fair bit of wear in the liners allowed the water to pass through quickly and do very little damage to the cylinder walls, they honed up nice. A bit oversize, but no pits.

This company has the service and parts manual for my forklift, but wrong engine.
http://www.ssbtractor.com/tractor_manual_display.cgi?m=Misc.%20Tractors&o=Kalmar%20AC%20ACP80%20%20AK0130070

I believe the Buda 6B230—6 cylinder gas engine was in the Cockshutt 40.

And lastly, I am very curious to date this unit if anyone can help.

Abigail R Shaw View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abigail R Shaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:32am
I am also facing the same situation when rebuilding my Af30 D. Then, I searched everywhere possible but couldn't find what I needed. Then finally one of my friends who help me to get all the necessary parts for my machine. He worked as an administrator role in a boom lift rental service company. I think you can also try something like that

Edited by Abigail R Shaw - 18 Feb 2022 at 4:33am
Johnny7000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:52am
Has anyone had any luck finding a service/repair manual for Allis Chalmers ACP-80-PS lift truck? I found acp 40 and 60 but have had no luck locating one for the 80...

Edited by Johnny7000 - 12 Mar 2023 at 10:53am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 3:23pm
have you spent a few hours at www.liberatedmanuals.com ?
they HAVE to have one....got tons of interesting stuff there. too easy to get sidetracked !!

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 2:20am
Yes I have a few times with no luck. They have acp-40, acp-60, and various other lift trucks/towmotors. Tried searching different names hoping it would bring it up but still didn't. Noticed it did jump from 6000 lb to 10k lb lifts but not one that is 8k. Supposedly there's a manual for sale online that lists Acp80 in the description but nothing on the cover information or any proof its for the 80. To top that off they want like $400+ for it..
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 6:29am
$400 !!!! hahaha they'll have that for a very,very long time ! Must be the brother of the guy who wants $900 for2-3 #s of MECCANO.
Most forklifts 'share' things.... so if you can find another with the same engine, you've got one piece of the puzzle.
Once you know your mast height, you may be able to find another manual,having that.
I gave up trying to find a manual for my FPD50-24.......though I did find a couple with 'brakes' info, I'm not having the engine rebuilt(step one,disconnect battery..easy, step two, remove 4000# counter weight..NOT easy !! )

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:54am
I know that the Cockshutt 40 tractor used a Buda 230 gas engine. Allis Gleaner A combines used the G230 engine as well. Gleaner A engines are readily available from salvage yards because they were not used in A-C farm tractors unlike the 262. There are differences between the Cockshutt version and the A-C G-230. Hope this helps widen your search for info.  
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 7:33am
Ya I definitely understand the difficulty of finding a manual on this one. My Carburetor is obsolete and when I bought one that was for the g230 (online picture doesn't show 360 view of it so just one side which was similar). Well it wasn't even close on the side I couldn't see. So I sent mine out to be rebuild (rebuild kit I bought for it did not work for it even though it was listed for that carb). And I sent out the new carb to be modified to match my original. Well a year later I got my money back for the new carb. Unable to get all the parts to modify it.

Then my radiator had leaks do to a guy putting corrosive acid in it to clean it out. And that radiator is obsolete and I wasn't paying $800 for to try to recore it. Well I found a international radiator that had the closest layout to the original for like 200. Got it and it fit. But the fun part was trying to mount it with the weights still on since I needed to make new mounting brackets to fit that radiator. Pretty sure my neighbor could hear my few choice words during that process lol

Edited by Johnny7000 - 17 Mar 2023 at 7:34am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:00am
fun ? just wait till you have to replace the fan belt !!!
step oine...find a free motorcycle lift online....
step two..do NOT proceed until step one IS done !
3) remove the 3-400# weight to gain access to the PTO pump
4) yes, THAT'S why you need the MC lift.....
5) remove 4 bolts holding the PTO pump on
6) carefully slide it back to make a 'hole'...
7) remove old belt
8) pray to the A-C god the new one IS the correct size
9) go get another bandaid, heck grab the whole box...
10) tighten the alternator to snug up the belt...
11) repeat step #9
12) ok, are we having 'fun' yet ?

the 2nd and 3rd time it was easy for me, as I'd look at the list I wrote down after the first time.....even have a spare belt, labelled...somewhere in the garage....

Jay

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 9:19am
I replaced the fan belt before I installed the new radiator. After I took the old radiator out I seen the condition of the belt and the engineerings finest layout, I replaced it to save future headache. With the radiator out saved me from needing to remove the rear weight as well. To top that off I also had a manifold leak to fix. So I also fixed that without the radiator in. The extra room was helpful with removing the exhaust pipe.

Does anyone else have an Allis Chalmers ACP-80-PS forklift?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 6:44pm
I had a GleanerA with the G230, sweet running engine ! Calvin knows where it is now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic