This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who has the deep pockets?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who has the deep pockets?
    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm
I'm posting this here because I think this is the more appropriate place.

The 190 narrow front that sold today at David Beckers sale sold for $30,000. That's right $30K.
  Many things went for top dollar. Nothing went cheap, with maybe only a couple exceptions. 
A WD45 diesel sold for $10,250.
The crime against nature was a lawn ornament AKA F12 with cultivators sold for $2,100. When a very nice Snap coupler CA with rear wheel weights and nice tires only went to $1,900. Then there was a field ready Roto-Baler that didn't have a pretty paint job only sold for $250
If there was a deal of the day and someone needed it the 7580 sold for $12.000.
The poor farmers who brought the seed corn signs must have had their money burning holes in their pockets:  $450, $950, $1,000 & $1,300

The internet bidders were from all over, Manitoba and South Dakota were two I took note of. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:29pm
i can't believe the 40 combine bringing 4k but it was the nicest I have ever seen. I got the hay conditioner for 800 plus fees. 350 for the field cultivator was fair and most of the implements were decent though a couple of the plows were painted scrap.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:31pm
paul, you forgot the 190 needed a clutch
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:35pm
Yeah deep pockets or dumb as a rock ! But then they maybe spending Grandpas money -

Edited by DougG - 24 Oct 2021 at 9:53am
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 5:13pm
 Is spending money on anything tractor related that  is not used in a field for farming consider wasting money .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
orange-is-power View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange-is-power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 5:49pm
Anyone know what the narrow front One-Seventy brought?
Artfarm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm
One Seventy Brought $7100
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:26pm
 I never mentioned what condition the $30K 190 was in, more the fool somebody was, for paying that price for a 56 year old tractor needing major repairs.

Narrow front 170: $7100

I think $350 for the Coil-Spring-Field-Cultivator was awful high considering it was missing 4 shanks

Whoever brought the RC for $3000 should have gotten with the fellow that got the WD45 with 445 loader (listed as a 419 loader) for $3500 as the belt pullies were on the wrong tractors. 

Did anyone look at the worn wear bars in the All-Crop 40?

My wife recorded all of the sold prices for the day save 2. She thoroughly enjoyed the day and it didn't cost me any Mall-Points Thumbs Up Any other requests?

I enjoyed watching others throw their money at the auctioneer. At those prices there wasn't anything I needed as I have everything I want.

Edited by PaulB - 24 Oct 2021 at 7:02am
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 9:56pm
Was it high prices or did people have the money to spend on things they wanted? MAYBE thier is some jealousy in this post..
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 10:02pm
It takes 2 to run the prices up and if one is need for there collection.

People have to remember this is a auction prices sometimes people get Carried away.

Pretty sure the person who bought the 190 narrow front is not worried about putting money it that tractor and sure they can afford to fix it.

Also how many here have 190 narrow fronts?
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Richardmo Richardmo wrote:

It takes 2 to run the prices up and if one is need for there collection.

People have to remember this is a auction prices sometimes people get Carried away.

Pretty sure the person who bought the 190 narrow front is not worried about putting money it that tractor and sure they can afford to fix it.

Also how many here have 190 narrow fronts?
 Did you pay $2,500 for the homemade single front WC High Crop? I Thought that I saw it went to Mo. 🤑
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:23am
Your thoughts where incorrect .  Single front WC went to N.C. it was NOT  advertised as a   original 
nonetheless ,still dead.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:30am
Well, like anything else, a person who has lottsa' money and wants somethin' bad enough no matter what the cost would be for his or her collection, usually doesn't matter how much they have to pay for a certain thing and whether it needs to be repaired or not, or completely restored. A person like myself who is not in that type of position would look at it as the person making the purchase is nuts, just like the price of the item....Wacko  But, if you got the dough, I guess anything goes! I guess the common sense goes out the window......  LOL!   
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:31am
If the original One-Ninety (not an XT) was the small 2 3/4" rear axles, there are zero transmission parts/final drive parts available from AGCO or anyone else. The only hope is salvage yards and those would be few if any good at all.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:41am
What about the  C with home made wheel on single front that bought $4900.
nonetheless ,still dead.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:01am
The single front C was just essentially a donation to the ESACCA since it was sold with ALL of the proceeds to go to the club. Good for them, now they don't need to rely on membership dues to run the club.
 I never said the homemade WC single front High crop was even listed or advertised as original, just that is was homemade. If it went to N.C. My mistake. Did I see that there was a Mo internet bidder near to the end?
 The best thing I saw was that yesterday made the value of everything increase substantiallyThumbs Up
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:04am
Well Paul I wish the WC single front would be coming to Mo.
Yes I was bidding on the WC by the Internet early on but not later on,
But with with help from a friend in Pa I set my limit and stop at that and it is going to good home in Nc, and yes I knew the tractor was built by the owner.
Wonder how much time they had in the building the rear wheels?

If the Ca was a good buy, why did you not buy it?

Edited by Richardmo - 24 Oct 2021 at 8:06am
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:01am
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:55am
Thanks for the auction link- other tractors brought real good money too- D 19 diesel 12,500 !!! Crazy-- Richard Mo- I have 1 One Ninety narrow front  and one put together with original AC nf block got them before - the collecting - started

Edited by DougG - 24 Oct 2021 at 10:28am
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 10:52am
If you think the prices are high sell know
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 2:38pm
No kidding there !! Hey ZackD89 whatever--maybe - you seem jealous - its always the one to put that to be mad ! LOL

Edited by DougG - 24 Oct 2021 at 2:43pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

Was it high prices or did people have the money to spend on things they wanted? MAYBE thier is some jealousy in this post..
Your spelling is atrocious , and why is this ANY different than what the "GREEN" guys pay for at auctions ???
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 6:37pm
Actually I am considering selling 1 of the CAs that I have. As I mentioned earlier, I don't need anything and want nothing more. The only reason that I was even at the sale was to hand off things I'd sold with delivery to the sale, and then I had a couple tings to bid on for others. At one time I had probably more than a dozen CAs; when I was farming all would get worked regularly, doing everything that needed doing. Now I only have 4 and really only 1 gets used regularly enough. I do also have a nice original 1968 D15 series II & an RC which don't get used hardly at all and are available to new owners. IN the last 5 years or more the only thing the RC has done is win the 3000 Historic class at a local fair pull. I wouldn't really bother taking it except that the owner of the F12 that places behind it is so absorbed with getting a trophy that I wish to deny him getting a 1st place one. And his getting beaten by a serious distance with my wife driving makes it all the more fun.

Edited by PaulB - 24 Oct 2021 at 7:03pm
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by ZachD89 ZachD89 wrote:

Your spelling is atrocious , and why is this ANY different than what the "GREEN" guys pay for [IMG]uploads/1/censored.bmp"> at auctions ???

You do not seem to have any problem understanding me any other time Do you even buy any tractors?
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 7:21pm
The WC high crop single front was home made but it was different and kind of cool looking.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 8:54am
Prices look to be going up . Has anyone bought anything in the last year at the department , grocery store ?

Takes 2 to Tango or run prices up at an auction. My dad always said it is the next to last bidder that determines prices.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 9:40am
Only thing I've bought is 2 new rear tires for my 200. I wanted radials and only thing available was Firestone "EVO" which I think is close to their best tire. 18.4x34---$1000.00 each plus mounting. The man said a year ago they were $150.00 cheaper each. It's getting to the point that you can't even keep an old tractor up and going.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 8:58pm
I heard tire prices may go up by as much as 30% before the end of the year! Everything is going through the roof.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Tom Feldpausch View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Feldpausch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 1:37pm
Thx, Brandon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic