This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 bottom plow id and price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 bottom plow id and price
    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
i found a 3 bottom ac snap coupler plow it is restored it has at trail wheel with a cylinder on back i can not find another like it online.. i forgot to take apic.. just looking for some info thanks
Sponsored Links

BPM75 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:13pm
Hard to say without a picture. Go to knowledge base section in this forum and there's a topic about plow parts, has a good description of the different models of plows.
59 D17 gas nf, 66 XT 190, 69 220.
mike 44 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:41pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:41am
My guess is a # 73.  Others will correct, if I miss...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
mike 44 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:42am
is it worth 400.00
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:46am
Dave is correct, I believe. That's a great looking plow, though the shares look like they may be worn pretty good. This a problem area for Allis plows. If you're going to plow with it this a concern. If you want it for parade duty not so much.

Around here that plow would fetch pretty good coin. $500 or even more at auction depending on the crowd.

I picked one like it up this fall, paint isn't quite that good! Mine needs a little work, may take it to a plow-day sometime.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:22am
the plow101 links aren’t working now.
Dave (Mid-MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (Mid-MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 1:57pm
If you want to plow with it, and have it work right, your tractor needs to have a transport valve for the remote cylinder lift.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 3:56pm
If it's as good as it looks, 500 seems a good price..
but..
I gotta ask...curious am I...
is there a control for the BIG car tire to go up/down ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:13pm

Jay

Isn't the Big Car Tire a sort of 'depth control' and not meant to move.

G
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:39pm
No control for the big car tire. That is your depth control partially at least. Can adjust manually and when you find your sweet spot leave it there. 😀
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 8:20am
That's a 73 semi-mount frame.
How are the wear parts like the shin molboard and landslides?
You can't tell what bottoms are on it form the picture. 

The 387 bottoms are the only bottoms with shares still available except for a few NOS laying around. I never saw 387's on a plow that old. I think My plow has 372 or 373 bottoms. I redrilled the frog to accept 387 shares then bought a lifetime supply.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic