This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers G for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers G for sale
    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:58am

serial #G29512, hydraulic lift,front and rear cultivators, 4 speed transmission,
pictures available, 25 gallon sprayer w/separate battery, good runner and ready to use
Sponsored Links

earlybird847 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:48pm
ANY clues of what this might be worth to a collector, restorer or user?
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by earlybird847 earlybird847 wrote:

ANY clues of what this might be worth to a collector, restorer or user?

Still very handy as a user, but price cannot be determined without knowing its condition, even for a collector or restorer.   Pictures would help.  Has anything been done to the engine (or does it need anything)?  How are the tires?  Is the steering loose?  Is the sheet metal banged up?  All these directly affect price.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:25pm
You dont see too many below $1500. and you dont see too many over $4000.  Like he said, depends on condition / tires .
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:26am
Working factory hydraulics is a $500-$1000 plus. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:00am
Thanks for our quick response. Engine is strong but no knowledge of overhaul. Metal is straight but needs power wash, wire brush,primer, and paint. Rear tires look great, most likely replaced before I bought it. Front tires appear to be original. Steering is good enough for cross cultivation which  consider very excellent. I have a number of pictures available to Email to interested parties. Is that the only reasonable method to provide these?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:11am
In the last 30 plus years i have only seen 4 or 5 under $1500 and about the same amount over $4500 What I have not seen is HYDRAULICS. That is what made this one so useful to me. How rare is hydraulics and does that mater to restorers or collectors?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Lon(MN) Lon(MN) wrote:

Working factory hydraulics is a $500-$1000 plus. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:26am
I believe the high end for a real serious user. Any idea of how many were made and which years. I suspect it has collectable value also. I have bought and used several G's in my hobby garden farm. This was the most recently purchased, the best, and the last to be sold as I retire from this phase of life.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:31am
Thanks for opinions on value of Hydralics.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 7:17pm
The G uses the same transmission the B & C uses. And the same engine the Massy Harris Pony, The casting is a little different. 
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:20am
Planning to ask $4600 for tractor, sprayer, cultivators, hillers and parts box. Call 612-450-9299 if interested and needing pictures or other information.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 9:34am
This is a good strong worker for medium size vegetable garden. Also have a TroyBilt horse tiller with new Honda Motor.  Pictures available on Craigs list Minneapolis.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 1:10pm
What might anyone know about availability of a rear gang hydraulic lift cylinder for an Allis G cultivator and how it replaces or assists the lever lift?
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The one G with hydraulics that I had was the worst tractor I ever used. Reason being: the way the tractor's steering wheel is designed you steer with your left hand, where is the hydraulic lever, down under the seat on the left side. Fine for a 1 armed paper hanger.
  On a manual lift tractor the lift is done with you right hand, so no need to let go of the steering wheel. If the balance spring is set properly and attachment is easy to lift with the hand lift. 
  If someone was giving me the choice of a single B tractor with various implements or the same G implements with a tractor attached to each so as to never need to switch things, I take the B with implements. I feel the G is only a toy to get attention at shows with. The G takes up just as much space as a B and can only do half the work at best. Then everything to repair a g will cost 2-3 time the same thing for a B. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlybird847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:02pm
Thanks for all your help. My g has been sold to a vegetable farmer that should get great use from it. He has another one without Hydraulic lift and is excited to get his one with extra equipment besides.
Thanks to those who bleed orange.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:38pm
I have a "48 G, I have a pair of 12" left & right plows for it. The G is one of the best plowing tractors, although slow at covering much ground. It is very nice to plow with, the plow is right in front & under your feet, no getting a stiff neck cranking your head around looking behind watching the plow.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic