This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 industrial diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 industrial diesel
    Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:50pm
I have a d15 diesel. Serial number D15 4349D. It is a bare back. Wondering if the rear arms off of a d14 will fit so I can put a 3 point on it.

Side note for a good laugh: my father-in-law, a certified diesel mechanic, has been working on the d15 diesel for a few months now. He reinstalled the injector pump and it took him quite a while to realize the shut-off was backwards (pull to run, push to shut off) and that's why he couldn't get it to start!
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:20pm
Yes a D14 rear housing will fit onto a D15. You will also need the cylinder and most likely the pump under the power director, along with the traction booster spring/snap coupler. Unless it has a loader and you want to splice into that system to have just Lift/Lower without the traction booster.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
elec View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:34pm
Thanks for the quick response.
Yes it has a loader. I need a new valve on it to run the grapple so I will get a 4 spool valve. No need for traction booster. Do I need to cap off PTO whole or can I install a PTO shaft since I have a shuttle?
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:52am
The PTO in a shuttle equipped tractor will not run at the normal speed. If you are thinking of running a Brush-Hog, you're out of luck. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
elec View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:52am
No. Just want to keep oil in
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic