This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The unofficial Fl-50-24 forklift thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The unofficial Fl-50-24 forklift thread
    Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:53am
So I named this post this, cause there is limited info on this forklift specifically. Would like to help the fellas and myself by starting this thread. Having troubles nailing down good info on this Allis chalmers FL-50-24 LP lift truck.
I keep getting a overload code on my multi meter on the black wire that goes to the alt. Dives the am meter. I’m guessing it’s grounding out somewhere but it raises the question, is this forklift pos ground? Also trying to figure out what motor is in here, I think it’s a buda
Here are some photos
Sponsored Links

Jimmybeam01 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:54am
I couldn’t figure out how to rotate photos, if there is a moderator can you help turn them for people to view easily?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:53pm
Anyone?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:44am
Check the wire from the coil to dist.  Is it hooked to + or -  at the coil?
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:57am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:00pm
I’ll have to check this out tomorrow
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:02pm
I tried opening the link but it doesn’t load. Just trying to find more parts, info, wiring all that stuff for mine. I’d like to restore it to its original condition
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:59am
It is a site that had several pictures of a G-153 you can compare to yours.  Sorry, I don't know why it won't open for you, it works every time I try it.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 3:01pm

Here is how the coil is set up. - near dist
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 3:59pm
To me yours looks like the one in the pictures I posted other than it is gas and yours is LP.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:44pm
If its set up as - to dist, its set up for neg ground.  However, that don't necessarily mean its set up right...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:52pm
Trying to understand why Three Wires on Pos. Side of coil??  Should be a Ign feed from Switch then Starter Bypass, Third one??
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 7:15pm
Ya who knows the maintenance guy that took care of this ol girl. Trying to slowly fix all these weird things and I’m tired of jumping it. But my biggest pet peeve is gauges not working. I know I can one wire it but I’d like to get it all hooked up as it was from factory
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:13pm
Also trying to find a hydraulic filter. And the bushings for the chain sprocket on the mast
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmybeam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 9:39am
anyone have any wiring diagrams for a FL forklift? still struggling with this thing
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 1:50pm
cant see enough of the alternator to tell if it is an internal regulator or external regulator type... FL50 should be from the mid 1960s ??  Would be very UNCOMMON for a tractor at that time to have an alternator... normally they are generators..

Dont have a wire diagram, but they should be VERY basic in the ignition and charge systems... Amount of dash gauges would be the only unknown..

Wire diagram for a D10-12 might be worth looking at for an "idea" of how things were in the 1960s ........ I see service manuals on line that might have a diagram, but they are $75. or more.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
PaulRoidt(WI) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRoidt(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 3:47pm
Our F4024 is positive ground.  I suspect your has been changed to negative ground since it has been converted to and alternator.  I had a bad coil wire recently that really made it a bear to get started.
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by PaulRoidt(WI) PaulRoidt(WI) wrote:

Our F4024 is positive ground.  I suspect your has been changed to negative ground since it has been converted to and alternator.  I had a bad coil wire recently that really made it a bear to get started.
   Agree alternator is usually negative ground. Suggest ditching this alternator altogether and install a single wire alternator, self-exciting type. Dirt cheap. 
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
BingoBob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BingoBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 5:03pm
 Try going to www.liberatedmanuals.com, put 'allischalmers forklift' in the search box and then look for a 'tech manual' for your lift. 
BingoBob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BingoBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 5:29pm
I know this is an old post but maybe you could still use this schematic. SorryI didn't realize I had this on my drive but here it is:

Edited by BingoBob - 29 Jan 2023 at 5:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic