This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 Bypass canister

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisandGleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 Bypass canister
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:42am
I just bought this tractor and was getting ready to service it and I’ve read where several people say plug it off and do away with it I was just wondering what to do with it.
Sponsored Links

bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:15am
I wouldn't, it is there for a reason. If you don't want to deal with it where it's at, you can buy the spin on filter version for the 8000 series, and relocate it, this way it is easier to change, and you still have the filter.
rw View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:52am
Can you still get the elements for them?
Dave H (NE) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 5:23pm
part no. 74057968  price  71.90
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:32pm
Take it off and change oil more often. Have saw too many failures from blown gasket. A engine rebuild is costly compared to changing oil more often.                   MACK
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:55pm
The previous owner of my 7050 had that canister removed. I change the oil every 75 to 100 hours. I think the manual calls for 150 or 200 hour oil changes. Those bypass canister filters are a pain.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:39am
They can leak, as Mack said, and cost you a complete engine failure. The orifice inside can plug with filter lint fuzz, which then makes the filter inoperable and it does nothing. So, why even have it on there ??  I've removed them by the dozens over the years.
AllisandGleaner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisandGleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:36am
What about the 8000 series kits what’s involved to changing it to the spin on style? Do they cause any problems?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:06am
That's what everyone changes over to.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:13am
I've had my 7060 for about 10 years. It came with the spin on 3rd filter. There's been no problems with it.
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:25am
I done this to mine few weeks ago, I got rid of the big cannister lube-refiner,, mostly cause of the reasons Mack said. I put the spin on type by-pass filter on it,I got the parts from Worthington tractor parts on my way to Hutch this summer,,I posted pics few weeks ago,,so go back a ways an see if ya can fine the post.. I'd put a link,,,but sometimes me and this puter don't get along to well...
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:30am
AllisandGleaner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisandGleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:06pm
Okay I’ll try and find a spin on kit from the 8000s to put on it sometime whenever I get a minute but for the time being the canister is leaking to plug it off you just cap the holes off from the 3 spots where it ports into the block?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:28pm
Plug the outlet at the engine oil filters base, Leave all lines as-is except for the one at the oil filters.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
Mine only has 2 ports, the 3rd line was a filter drain
1line from the filters/oil cooler to the large bypass (cannister),1 line back to the block on the LH side behind the starter

Did you check out my "out with the old,inn with the new"?
DIESEL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIESEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm
So it's okay to just plug the line on the left hand side of the filter base, just above the left filter. I've had trouble with my bypass leaking ever since I changed the filter last year, and I try and service every 100 hours anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic