This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shop heat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shop heat
    Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:06pm
Taking input on fuel oil furnace for my Shop heater .just picked up an aluminum 150 gallon semi truck fuel tank now I just got to decide what furnace to install many options are out there.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:37pm
are you talking about the "NEW" furnaces in the 80- 95% efficiency range ? .... Yes, many manufacturers. ........ Similar to NG or propane style... Base line in the $800 range... high eff up to $2000.  ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:08pm
I've got a used furnace I'd like to get rid of. Set up for LP now can be changed to Nat. gas without much trouble. Could be set-up for oil, but would take a bit to do that.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:54pm
Use propane and put up a radiant tube heater outside vented. If you don't have the overhead room get cube heater and put in one corner pointed toward the opposite corn
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Something else to consider is doing a mini split system. I have one and it’s great. Very efficient to operate and it provides A/C in the summer. There are DIY systems from Mr. Cool that just about anyone can install themselves.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 6:18am
can you build a 'furnace room' onto the shop ? The 7by16 'annex' I put on has gas furnace, air compressor, steel storage and chemicals,spare air hoses,tractor parts,small tire tubes and a Chevy pickup driveshaft( I drive a Ford.......)

edit... forgot to say there's just 2 holes in the common wall, one at floor level for the 'cold air return', other up top for the heat to get into the 'shop'. I have a 'primary' filter on the cold air return, in the shop. It gets most of the crud before the real furnace filter does,also a lot easier to change. No ducting in the shop. It's the 24by25 garage the wife USED to store her car in. Only takes 10-15 to get toasty warm.

Edited by jaybmiller - 20 Sep 2021 at 6:11am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 4:34am
I agree with Jay, put it in a annex side build, if do ANY Paint work want NO Flames anywhere near to the work area, piping in heat is a better option.  My actual workshop area is NOT heated or cooled just insulated well.  When or IF I decide to heat it will either be Heat Pump type or within a second structure and heated air piped in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic