This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vin# look up ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vin# look up ?
    Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 6:53pm
So I’m guessing I have a HD 6 . I tried cross referencing my vin with no luck , is there a decode I’m missing? 37A22270
Sponsored Links

Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:28pm
MODEL IDENTIFICATION
Several distinct models of the HD6 tractor are available and this Parts List has been prepared
to show the parts for each. All parts listed herein, which have no specific usage indicated, are applicable to all models. Those parts which are used only on specific models are so indicated.
The models and their identifying symbols are indicated below. This symbol is stamped in front of the tractor serial number on each model. MODEL SYMBOL ENGINE MODEL DESCRIPTION *HD6A 6000 44" tread, 34-link track HD6B 6000 60" tread, 34-link track standard (37 or 39-link optional) HD6AG 6000 60" tread, 34-link track, turbocharged. HD6E 6000 60" tread, 37-link track (39-link optional) *Indicates discontinued Models
RECORD YOUR SERIAL NUMBERS BELOW

TRACTOR SERIAL NO.
ENGINE SERIAL NO
SERIAL NUMBER LOCATION

MODEL SERIAL NO: On rear face of steering clutch housing at the upper right hand corner;
also vertically on right side of the rear edge. Also on small plate
attached to cowl. (See NOTE below)
ENGINE SERIAL NO: On plate attached to the left hand side of the cylinder block at rear end.
Also on small plate attached to cowl.

MODEL SERIAL NUMBER

NOTE: Effective in 1969, the model serial number-
ing system was changed. Under the prior system, models were numbered consecutively in numerals
only. Thereafter models are identified by an 8-
character combination of letters and numerals.

*SERIAL NO. , consisting of all 8 characters
must always be submitted for positive identifica-
tion of your machine. This Point Cannot Be Over-
emphasized.
TRACTOR
MODEL
*SERIAL NO.

PRODUCT I UNIT
CODE I NO. HD6AG
HD6B
HD6E I 9 4 SIZ Z 2 5 1 4 0 M12 2 2 5 1 7 0 C l 2 2 2 5 I

hth         B:-)          Dnoym
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:52pm
Windels AC book lists 1955  to 1965 but not beyond and up to 18xxx numbers 
Serial # should be stamped on rear housing and also plate in operators station .    
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 2:34pm
Thanks for that post . I looked and looked prior to posting on here with no luck
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:25pm
The 37a serie should be a D6 CATERPILLAR
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:26am
u guys are all up the creek; sorry.
HD6s after 22251 changed there prefix serial numbers
 37A prefix is HD6G
 40M is  a HD6B
 70C is a  HD6E
 94S is a HD6AG

tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:32am
other machines also changed there prefix serial numbers in 1969.
ie a HD11EP is a 46Y.
HD11 series B powershift all have 25L prefix
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:20am
SORRY MERV
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
All good Hector; you are one of lifes gentlemen with a wealth of knowledge, and enjoy reading your posts on here and elsewhere.
Cheers from the bottom of the world mate Clap
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:09pm
My HD 6 is 37A22270 and I want to thank you for your post . Any Idea what year / range of years mine would fall under ? I’ve had zero luck researching.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:46pm
37A22270 is second to last HD6 built in 1969
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
TCPatriot View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TCPatriot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:01pm
Thanks HD6 Merv that’s pretty awesome to know I have the second to last built in 69 .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic