This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AllisChalmers motor construction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harfenklang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AllisChalmers motor construction
    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 2:27pm
Hi, I am working on a wooden model of an old Allis Chalmer tractor. Is there anyone on this forum who can explain to me what the individual parts of the engine are for? So what is the alternator, the oil pump etc.?
I would be very happy to get some information from AC fans!
I am attaching a drawing of the engine and a picture of the finished model!
Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,
Lorenz.
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 5:46pm
Theres a guy in Arizona - Armund, thats works / does these- hopefully he may chime in
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 6:04pm
Things aren't exactly located correctly or to scale, but it still gives one an idea of what the components are.  #1. I assume represents the engine block (foundation of the engine) or the engine assembly. #2 represents the carburetor which mixes the gasoline (fuel) with air so the mixture can be ignited to make the engine run. #3. Is the air cleaner to filter out the dirt and dust in the air. Clean air then enters the carburetor to mix with the gasoline. #4. Engine oil filter (oil pump is located inside the engine...cannot be seen). #5. Is where the governor is located, which is the speed control for the engine. #6. Timing gear cover covers up the three internal gears that make the camshaft and governor operate. #7. I think this is to show an ignition system altho it isn't a six cylinder engine...it is a 4 cylinder.  #8. I think this is the starter altho not quite exactly where it should be. #9. Generator provides electric power for the lights and to charge the battery to operate the starter and ignition. #10. Crankshaft pulley which operates the fan and generator thru a belt, which is E12.  I imagine E11 is the water pump which circulates coolant thru the engine for cooling purposes.
harfenklang View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harfenklang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 7:58am
Wow, great! I thank You so much! That`s exacly what I hoped to get!

With the best AllisChalmersMotorSounding-Greetings!
Lorenz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic