This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 GOES TO BROOKS TRUCK SHOW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 GOES TO BROOKS TRUCK SHOW
    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 6:18pm
Ok...some of you older forum members know we been slakin...getting our collection tractors out to shows....between wild fires and covid...and a day job. But we got one moving now.  So the HD5 was parked in this lineup next to the HD6...forgot to take a picture before moving it. All of them are sitting in the dust and the sun..were not happy about that.
It's been sitting for 2 years...but fired right up.
We moved it to the shop where we could wash and wax it.
It appears that our expensive paint job paid off...because it cleaned up nicely. Since David's the painter...he did the wax job too.
So....the story goes like this. We have a nephew (Great nephew) who is in to trucks. He currently has a logging truck...he loves truck shows and doesn't miss a chance to go if possible.   He's been buggin us for a couple of years to take one of our tractors to a show.
So this is what we settled on. "THE CORE HD5"...I'll explain later.  So I said "Willie...not sure we should do this..you might steal the show"  he said "YEAH that would be cool"  Don't know if that correlates to anything..."taking a tractor to a truck show"...is that the same as "taking a knife to a gun fight?"   we'll see.

It won't be unloaded while it's on display...told him to take at least one engine cover off. He has all the display pictures and stories to go with it

So this would be Willie Miner's logging truck...there's a story with it also...but later
So...."THE CORE HD5" refers to....the Core family in Chehalis Wa. Kevin and his wife Nancy are the publishers of  "LOGGERS WORLD" magazine. Kevin's grandfather bought the tractor new in 1952 for logging family property. It remained with the family through the generations. Kevin was able to procure it from his mother for our collection..and the rest is history. So that was in 2012...the picture of us is 2013....that's 8 years ago...so be kind to all of us.   So we thought it would be fitting that this tractor should travel to the Northwest close to where it was born and raised for a visit.
So...this will be the "BROOKS TRUCK SHOW" AUG 27-28  Brooks,Or.  so if you're in the area...go check it out.   Willie's supposed to be sending pictures ...I'll post as I receive them.

Also going to pull up other original posts for newer forum members....if I can

Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 9:52pm
looks like all is well , nice looking iron allways neet to have story behind a piece of equipment,    all your wild fire smoke is settled right in here and has our visablity down to about three miles today  but its better than its been 
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 10:33pm
Great looking machine and you haven't aged a bit!  I used to subscribe to Loggers World back when we were logging what would be considered tooth picks up in the north west country.  We liked to see how the real loggers worked!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm
Great looking Outfit. Wish I was there to operate them. Love those old "clankers".
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 2:17pm
Nice looking pictures and it cleaned up good after setting 5 years. Good to hear from you
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 8:11pm
Ok guys.....It didn't work out....Willie blew out a couple of trailer tires a couple of hours from home here. It put him far enough be hind schedule that he decided to cancel the trip. So he got some help...had to unload the 5 and was able to bring the trailer back. Used his 5th wheel truck and our cozad to go rescue the HD5 that was parked along the hiway.
So I unloaded it and put it back in the lineup....it is nice and clean though....There's a chance it could go to display at the "ROOTS OF MOTIVE POWER" steam fest the 11-12 of Sept....unless that changes due to Covid issues.  So for now that's how this story ends....but stay tuned I'll keep you posted...literally....LOL
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 9:27pm
I'll bet that drew a lot of attention sitting all by itself, along the highway! Maybe even had the LEO's scratching their heads
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 1:27pm
WooHoo! yer back! i love your pics and stories. that is a good looking truck and of course so are the AC's . hey....hows come David has to do all the work?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:52am
Always great to hear from you Mel!
Awesome pictures! Too bad about the tires on the rig, and the plan change. Makes one heck of a story though! I think he might have stole the show too.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic