This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad news from Desert Joe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:44am
  Keep in touch Joe we miss your visits.
  I got a phone call yesterday morning from I thought was a friend, I was shaving and didn't catch the call. When I call him back his wife answered the phone and told me it was her that had called and that he had passed away over night. The last time I talked to him he was making plans for his wife's 80th birthday for today, Saturday, her birthday is acually Sunday. Today on Facebook his stepdaughter posted that they were still having the birthday party in his honor.
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 11:41am
Guys, even though most of this crowd is of the …”older” variety, truth is no matter your age, you never know when your last day is, when your last chance to tell someone you love them is, when the last opportunity to apologize passes.

Prayers for all of you to live in peace and happiness, and to find the peace and comfort to move forward from our losses. Our loved ones would want us to be happy. You can be happy and still never forget.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 3:01pm
Can agree on that tbone, most days ache everywhere, today is no exception doing a little carpentry work for a friend.  Mom went to bed with a random sore shoulder, never woke back up, 64 and two months from retiring.

Any hour of any day of any week, month, year will be our last, enjoy the time we are allowed in this plain with those we can touch, laugh and be with, time is so fleeting.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 5:34am

Any hour of any day of any week, month, year will be our last, enjoy the time we are allowed in this plain with those we can touch, laugh and be with, time is so fleeting.

So very true words of wisdom by DMiller!! Everyone on here that truly LOVES your partner, your family members and even your friends should let bygones be bygones with those you care about because when they gone,,it's too late to convey your feelings as several have so eloquently stated. I DO lament that I was too steadfast with trying to protect her by insisting that she go to Dialysis as required and also sometimes depriving her of her favorite foods,,,foods that were the cause of her Diabetes. Two ways to approach that were to acknowledge and ACCEPT the fact that she was ESRD and the end was inevitable and allow her to have what she wanted so she could pass without her dang old Husband being so danged strict! I wanted to keep her as long as possible,,yet,, I now tell myself,,maybe I should of made things easier for her,,,,? Her best lifelong friend told me that they shared many things, like women do,,and they would have a laugh about her Oxygen tube that I would find it off her nose more so than it on. She told her friend,,"That Joe, he worries so much about the oxygen tube coming off,,but he doesn't know,,I pull it off as soon as he leaves the room" ,,,,WOMEN,,,!! LOL,,,
 I like TBone's quote that you can have fun and still love your departed and I do know that is what she would have wanted as she was that type of person. She would always fuss with me looking my very best when I had an important meeting with upper management at work and the annual company parties. She was that type of person.
 I feel like I have dragged my inner thoughts out too long and I apologize. Many, many THANK YOU'S for listening to this old man and since I have always been the type of person that would rather help people laugh and enjoy life,,,I hope to restart that phase of my life. Thank you for listening,,,,,
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:18am
Thank you for sharing
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 6:22am
Thanks for opening up your thoughts. I think there is good advice in there for us
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 7:56am
I know how my mom felt when my dad was sick. My wife and I helped a good number of years. Got him to dialysis when my mom had to take a break. It was tough, I don't see how she did it really. 55 years of marriage when he passed and she was devastated. I was relieved for both of them. She's still kicking at 95.

Mother in law had cancer 3 times and what they went through. You have to wonder about the quality of life and what is endured. Worth it or not? Big question.

I myself am stage 3 melanoma and have had bone cancer over the last 20 years. So.. if something decided to rear it's ugly head again what's the call going to be? I know what it would be at this moment but what would it be at crunch time? What are you going to do then kick yourself in the ass because you think you could have done it differently. 
Just do the best you can and call it good, can't ask any more.

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 8:13am
Ask the Lords help in all things. He knows and sees all.
My prayers go to heal all the pain of each of you have to endure.
Joe I’m here if you need me.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 11:21am
Thoughts and prayers from South Carolina .
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:13am
Amen to what Thad said. 

Joe, out of love you did the best that you knew how to do at the time and you can take comfort in that.

Here is a quote a friend sent me a few days back:

“Grief, I've learned, is really just love. It's all the love you want to give, but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in the hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.”

Jamie Anderson 

Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:14am
Hubert, as I sit here reading this, with tears in the corners of my eyes, I fell SO close to ALL of youse guys.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is ONE BIG GREAT FAMILY!!  The outpouring of friendship and love is what makes this the greatest forum on the net!  Thank you!

Joe, this should help you, what Hubert wrote, as you were doing EVERYTHING for her.  Don't feel ashamed or bad for that.  I did the same thing for my Mother.  She just told me that she knows it is how I am and about caring and love for her, but she says that I worry too much and should just let her do what SHE WANTS.... like not eating.  I keep telling her she has to, but she insists she doesn't want to, that she's not hungry.

You did everything for Joyce out of love and respect.  That's the best anyone can do.  I'll bet 'Ole Red' against my favorite CA that she's smiling down on ALL of us and laughing at how we're carrying on.  Try to guess HOW MUCH she loved YOU!!

It's GREAT having you back on here and I'll be shootin the breeze wit ya too when I can.  Heck, we'all NEED you to keep that prez of the "Misfits" in line!!  I know it's a handful, but you've done pretty good all this while.

God Bless and keep you in ALL the days ahead an 'be seein' you...dear friend.  (an you think YOU carry on....)LOL
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:52pm
@desertjoe; You have nothing to apologize for my man. You drag your inner thoughts out as much as you need to. Okay? You and your family are still in my prayers.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 9:21pm

Well,,Friends,,,I took a first step forward today,,,a kind of a small one but a step forward none the less. I had been dtreading on gathering up all her clothes and bagging some of them to give to the Hospital Auxilary up in Roswell. Reason being is,,I did not want to meet a local woman wearing some of her clothing so to the Alien Town I took them. Took two big bags of shoes, a big box of Jammies and 4 bags of socks,,,,and that was just out of her dressers,,,Chit,,I ain't even got to her closet yet. I called the Chamber Of Commerce in Roswell and they suggested instead of the local Salvation Army, that I take the clothes to a new charity that is 100% volunteer and all the profits go to underage needy children. I just barely got there as they were closing and two of the nicest ladies were SO PLEASED with everything I gave em even offered to give me a notarized paper for tax purposes,,,,sure makes one feel good,,,!! They were even more skittished when I told em I would be back in a couple of days with another load,,they both High Fived me,,,,imagine,,,,!! Kinda bothered me at first to give her clothes away but for a good cause,,she would of liked that,,!!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 9:39pm
Good thing I didn't give you a call this morning, It would have set you back from meeting them fine wimen... Wink
  Glad it felt good to you to do that.
 My grand-nephew got married last Saturday and I gave him a Silver dollar from his great grandparents wedding and I gave him the wedding band from his great-great-grandfather that he wore.  I told him his great grandmother would have wanted him to have those things , because she loved him so much.  Shucks, I didn't know giving those items to him would create a dang river.  Think he was wiping his face till his and his beloved's own wedding started, and then down to business at hand, getting down to business of getting his life started with a wife.  
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 12:20pm
   Makes you feel goodwhen you know what you gave them will go tosomeone in need instead of Goodwill onwer getting richer.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:09am

I AGAIN want to personally THANK each and everyone of you GREAT FOLKS that have become some of my best FRIENDS during this most trying time.. Your calls and posts have been a blessing and have not allowed me to sink into that place nobody wants to go or live in. Trying to get back to my old self,,,special THANKS to Shameless, JC, Wayne180 and Thad,,cause they just would not let me go to that place.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:41am
Good to hear from you Joe.
Missed you not being on here.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 2:14am
Joe....if'n you stay on the straight and narrow, you'll be right in the good standing of all us other mis-fits! lol...i'm glad to see/hear you getting out some, keep busy...it'll help pass the time. i'll call you when i finds my danged phone...if i don't find it...guess i'll hafta use the old lady's....ooooops....i mean the loving wifes! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic