This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiat Allis 645B Year & Engine type

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liviu_carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiat Allis 645B Year & Engine type
    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 7:53am
Hi all,

We have a fiat allis 645B wheel loader which I am trying to find a parts manual for and also the year of manufacture.

My serial number is 14C06113 and I cannot find any manual for this as all of them seem to reference serial numbers starting with 11Y, 16L and 23M for the 645B.

If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it as I’ve spent the past few days trying to figure out how to order correct parts. I’m based in Europe and the machine has been manufacutred in England if that helps anyone or makes a difference.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links

TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 1:58pm
Wouldn’t the 14C fall between 11Y and 16L?

It should have the 3500 Mark II engine@151 HP.

Edited by TramwayGuy - 11 Aug 2021 at 2:03pm
liviu_carrera View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liviu_carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 2:01pm
Hi - is that the logic that the serial number follow? Thank you!
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 2:07pm
I’m not really sure; but why not?
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 3:28pm
I was thinking being English made it probably has an English engine and different series of parts book?

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 5:03pm
I would look on the valve cover for a NAME cast in the cover / heat exchanger/ block... There also should be a steel TAG riveted to the bock somewhere..

I agree with  CAL that if this is an English tractor, the probably  bought motors built in England or Europe.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 5:14pm
Engine tags were usually on the left side of the block if you assume the flywheel is the rear like it was in a car. It's probably a 2900 (301 turbo engine) or a 3500 (426 turbo engine) with HP ratings from 120 to 155 ish.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liviu_carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 5:32pm
Thanks everybody I’ll have a look and let you know. Would be good if someone could shed some light on the serial number sequence logic.

I did try to randomly search on the internet if serial numbers with other letter exist like a 14b or a 12D but nothing comes up for a 645B loader.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 6:24pm
I have never heard of a ALLIS factory in England that made wheel loaders... but possible.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 7:45pm
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 7:46pm
Allis also had a plant in Australia.

Major running gear on an AC Forty Five grader was US but our model and serial numbers don't look like anything you see on one.  It took a fair bit of "It has this, it doesn't have that" to get an approximate translation.

I'd guess that might be the case with products from a UK plant.  With Allis's other connections if it is a UK engine might likely be a Perkins?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liviu_carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 1:56am
Thank you Dnoym!!!!

I’ve downloaded and seen that part book probably 100 times, I’ve used it once in the past to try and find some brake cylinders, but only when I looked at it again this morning I noticed the handwritting on page 2: “14C-03501 -UP - consult Minnpar British made machines”.

Using the phrase “14C-03501”, I googled it and found an actual manual for this for sale in Germany. I ordered it so should be woth me in the following weeks. I’ve attached a screenshot I’ve taken.

Once I receive it, I’ll definately scan it and share it with anyone that wants to. Based on the handwriting as well it seems that the loader might have a 670T engine, not sure what this is.

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:45am
good to hear.  Clap

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:37am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:44am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm
I don't know if you have found out the make of your engine yet but what I do know about the the earlier Allis Chalmers loaders made in England, such as TL 14, TL 16 etc, came with the British AEC diesels. I don't know, however, when or if they may have switched to use the US made Allis engines. In Sweden back in the 60's we had both US and British import loaders. Essentially, the engine was the only real difference between the two. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liviu_carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
Hi all, small update. I did manage to buy 2x parts manuals for the 645B serial numbers starting with 14C. Also, minne has had an iveco engine repower, tag on it says it’s a 8361.05 non turbo engine (the guide said it should have a 8365.25 turbo engine but seems mine doesn’t).I have bought the manual and instructions for the Iveco repower guide. If anybody ever needs them please message me and I will send them.

thank you,
Liviu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic