This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6060 Brakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6060 Brakes
    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 2:07pm
I have found somebody to pull the final drives on our 6060 so we can fix the brakes.  I have no idea what we will find.  I have the Service Manual but not a Parts Manual.  Where do I start looking for parts?  It is a Fiat tractor with a Allis engine, so will the brake parts be Fiat?   Or should ARCO be able to help me?  There must be some kind of wheel cylinder in there and I am presuming that is what is leaking, broken or failed somehow.  I have one wheel brakes and they lose fluid and fail.

Please give me some idea of where I might find parts.

Thanks,

Bill 
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 2:51pm
AGCO should have everything you need- that can be an expensive job - depends what all it needs
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:44pm
DougG, tell me more.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:56pm
WNYBill...Sent you a message...Rick
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 6:59pm
Labor and seals- Rick can set you up good on the hardware
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
Thank you guys!   I'll be back in touch when we get it apart and have some idea what is wrong.   The right brake worked fine but the left was seized and and didn't do anything, then it started leaking, I think, not an exterior leak, but the brake Hyd fluid is going someplace.
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:31am
Does anybody have a parts manual for the 6060 and could they send me a copy of the brake page?   PM me and I'll get contact info to you.

Thanks
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:57am
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic