This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190xt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190xt
    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:29pm
Just bought a 190xt and have to pick it up Monday. Engine turns over but camshaft is not turning. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:39pm
Broken nose on the camshaft.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:40pm
I have no answer to your "immediate" dilemma , but was it sold to you as a "running" tractor ? Is it a diesel or a gasser ?
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:49pm
No it was not sold as running. Seller told me it was not running and he bought cam was not turning. I bought it for parts for my early model xt. That one has to have the intermediate shaft and gears replaced. I'll have to look into what Dr Allis says. Who knows it may be runnable with a little work.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the clarification on the purchase Disapprove . Is it a gas or diesel ?
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:01pm
Diesel engine
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:04pm
Be sure to disassemble hydraulic pump while it is down. Many times metal from hydraulic system gets sucked into hydraulic pump causing it to lock up, intern breaking cam shaft. Also clean suction tube. Can lock pump, then fall back into tube only to get sucked into pump again. Not good.             MACK
youngorange2000 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 10:24pm
Does it build oil pressure cranking over? They have a cam driven oil pump
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 6:22am
I don't pick it up until Monday morning. The seller told me he pulled the valve covers off and cam is not turning. I would imagine that means the oil pump is not turning. We'll see when I get it home if the end of the cam broke as Dr Allis pointed out.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 11:12am
Check the hydraulic pump like Mack said and check the sump screen. Screen should stop chunks of metal. My brother bought a 190XT that broke 2 cams. Second breakage happened within a mile of the shop it just left after being repaired. That shop never checked the hydraulic pump. The pump was shot because it ingested a small piece of steel. We think it came from a previous rear end failure that was repaired but the piece of steel somehow got missed and got to the pump. A good used cam and gears and one new hydraulic pump later all seem well. Good think brother got the tractor real cheap.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic