This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid Vaccine anyone,,,??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:57pm
I got my first shot today, no real issue yet, some sore in the arm, BUT very little.  See what tomorrow brings?  Wife said I need it for we will be flying out for vacation, in Aug. and it will be required! Yes dear!!! lol

Edited by Dave in PA - 02 Apr 2021 at 4:57pm
Sponsored Links

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:40pm
I got my second shot yesterday.  Woke-up in the middle of the night laying on my back, rolled over onto my side/arm that I had gotten my shot, that really woke me up.   
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Dusty MI Dusty MI wrote:

I got my second shot yesterday.  Woke-up in the middle of the night laying on my back, rolled over onto my side/arm that I had gotten my shot, that really woke me up.   

As I said earlier, my wife has been administering COVID-19 vaccine for a while now. Sore arm, according to her, seems to be the most common side effect.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:10pm
Did not get the sore arm until yesterday morning as awoke, at moment of shot Nothing.  Later in day mostly increased level of all my standard aches today all back to normal.  Get my second 4/21.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:36pm
NEVER!!! me and shots dont mix!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

NEVER!!! me and shots dont mix!

You better hope you never have diabetes. It's amazing how you can change your mind, when you find out the consequences of not doing it.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 6:29pm
WE hear about the "symptoms" that are possible after the shot.. Anyone have any GOOD symptoms ??

I got my second shot on thursday morning. No effect at all for 14 hours. Went to bed late and had chills. Had to get another blanket on the bed. Woke up at 3 am and was HOT.. Had to ditch the blanket.  Got up at 7 am and no symptoms at all. Noticed when i got up i  didnt have all the aches and pains i normally have.. When i get up in the am it is normally a chore to roll out of bed.. Walk around for 10 minutes and seems OK... Set on the couch for 2-3 hours and watch TV at night, same thing.. Get up and hunched over.. walk for 10 minutes and OK...

WELL, that ache and pain has been gone for 2 days.. Dont know how or why ?  Cant say the shot did it, but thats all i have done different in the last 3 days.. Im hoping this lasts !!  Thinking about going back to health center and tell them.. See if anyone else experienced similar "symptoms " ???
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 12:14am

Hey Steve,,,we must be copy'ing each the other,,,,,
 I also  have to "roll" out every time I get outa bed,,then very carefully shuffle over to the recliner and get my electric massager to workin on my legs and calfs for bout 10 minutes each ,,then get to my lower back for a 10 minuter there as well,,,,
THEN,,I go put a pot of coffee on and watch some old Classic College Football games or watch "Ridiculousness",,I'll swear,,, you can watch what the idiots of the world are capable of and most of it is funnier then chit,,,,LOLLOL
 I just hope I never HAVE to get up in a real hurry,,,cause the friggin house is just gonna have to burn without me,,,,,
 I took the J&J which is the single shot vaccine and have not noticed any changesin the two weeks I've had it,,,and,,,,and,,I coulda sure used a few of them "feel Good Days" like you had,,,,,ClapClap
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 10:54am
March 18, routine annual doctor appointment. Doctor is not there, he has had leukemia, so avoids direct contact as much as possible. So I see his PA. The wife(CCU nurse) and her boss say to ask my doctor to send me to the hospital because they have vaccines and I should qualify because of my asthma, if not that, Monday the 22 was my birthday and that put me over another magic number for eligibility, so I should easily qualify for the vaccine.

PA starts asking me about vaccines. A lot of them. Shingles, tetanus, Covid. I say I think I would like to get the Covid one. She says she’s not sure I qualify. She seems one of these people with a 10-1 talk to listen ratio. Anyway, I say that I’m pretty sure I do. She comes back with “did you get a flu shot?” No. “Do you want one?” At the end of March??? Why bother? Wouldn’t it be better to vaccinate against the more serious issue?

She says, well you can get the flu shot now, we have it here. And flu season goes until may. We’ll be setting up our own Covid vaccine clinic very soon and we can let you know when we have room for you. Well, ummm ok I guess.

So they give me the shot, and tetanus, then tell me that I can’t have the Covid shot for a minimum of two weeks from a flu shot. Argh, ok....

During the wee hours of the 30th, I wake up with a fever and aches, get tested and wouldn’t you know it. Argh! Phone rang later that day, was the doctor office, telling me there clinic was set up and they had a slot for me.

Gee, thanks.

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:15am
Tbone95, Unfortunately, there are even a few people in the medical field that are still in denial about the seriousness of COVID-19 or the need to be immunized against it. It's fruitless to argue with them.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 5:19am
Funny thing going on. It’s been a little over 3 weeks since my first moderna shot. I’m due my next this Thursday.
The past few days my shoulder hurts like heck where I got that shot.
It hurts much worse than the original soreness.
Not unbearable but pretty darn sore. Just wondering if anyone else has had this.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 5:45am
re: So they give me the shot, and tetanus, then tell me that I can’t have the Covid shot for a minimum of two weeks from a flu shot. Argh, ok....

GREAT salespeople !! give you TWO shots, you didn't need AND they KNOW you'll be back for the one you do NEED..... Dr office got paid twice(flu and tet), the ones you really didn't need(hmm know anyone whos'es had the flu(the strain the shots good for), and how many rusty nails have you stepped on ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:28am
I work with barbed wire and rusty stuff of some sort almost daily. But thanks for your concern.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:48am
My wife, who is giving Moderna COVID-19 immunizations, is wondering if they gave you the shot very high on the arm? She says they have had some people complain of the same after effects, and the common denominator seems to be that they received the shot very high.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:57am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

My wife, who is giving Moderna COVID-19 immunizations, is wondering if they gave you the shot very high on the arm? She says they have had some people complain of the same after effects, and the common denominator seems to be that they received the shot very high.

I’d say 3” below the top of my shoulder.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:01am
My favorite RN says that is "normal" location. 

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:14pm
My 40 year old son and his wife got sicker than heck , Friday night after there second shots.
 Why I am hoping to never take that shot. Regular flu shots have made me sick each time I had them, so no thank you. My wife is even more sure she will never take any of them.

Tetanus is the opposite of the covid shot, in that I think the last time I got one was told good for 10 years to way longer. But tetanus is a much more for sure killer if you get to far along without a shot than covid will ever be. It had been 6 or 7, so I did it anyway.  But latest news report I have heard on covid was maybe only every 6 months and for sure every year. That adds up to crazy money for drug companies.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

... But tetanus is a much more for sure killer if you get to far along without a shot than covid will ever be. It had been 6 or 7, so I did it anyway.  But latest news report I have heard on covid was maybe only every 6 months and for sure every year. That adds up to crazy money for drug companies.

I heard this morning that 3 million people worldwide have died from COVID. I haven't heard of anyone dying from tetanus for years. Maybe it's because people get immunized for tetanus.

I guess my question would be; if people don't get immunized, how do you think we will ever get out of this pandemic? 

Personally, I could care less how much money the drug companies make. Every health care professional I know is urging people to get immunized. I guess some people routinely disregard their doctor's advice.

Edited by WF owner - 18 Apr 2021 at 6:27pm
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:09pm
COVID Will never be gone? Move on with your life and wear your muzzle “If you feel the need too” The vaccine is available to everyone now if you trust it. So if the vaccine is out there and AVAILABLE to everyone then why are states still having different restrictions on local private owned businesses and other thing? Oh wait it’s not available to everyone right now because j and j vaccine is causing blood clots.... SIGN ME UP
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:31pm
I heard this morning that 3 million people worldwide have died from COVID. I haven't heard of anyone dying from tetanus for years. Maybe it's because people get immunized for tetanus.

I guess my question would be; if people don't get immunized, how do you think we will ever get out of this pandemic? 

Personally, I could care less how much money the drug companies make. Every health care professional I know is urging people to get immunized. I guess some people routinely disregard their doctor's advice.
[/QUOTE]
Well if this shot works so good and you had it you should be fine.

You need to make up your own mind on which risks you want to take. More than 99% (I think it is 99.6 %) of the people that get covid don't die with it. That includes when government idots have put it in old peoples care centers when they already have one foot on a banana peel. Go compare that to back in 1918 whole families died in a week.

Something is going to kill you, many of us here are about twice as old as most people have gotten down through history. Risk in everything. Each of us sees things differently, and see risk in different things. Hopefully in USA we will get to chose how and what risks we take. 

My doctor has been on my mind about the vaccine, as he thinks masks are useless in stopping a virus. He has also promoted herd immunity that happens from people getting it. So it will be asked in a few months when I next see him. I trust him ten time farther than Fauci. 

Edited by Ray54 - 18 Apr 2021 at 7:42pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:00pm
I have had two shots of Moderna.. Only minor reaction to second shot...

Couple things seem ODD to me.. If 100 MILLION in the USA have had the shot and another 100 MILLION have had the WUHAN.. that leaves about 100 MILLION or 1/3 of the population... WHY are we having 80,000 NEW CASES EVERY DAY ?  Where is the HERD IMMUNITY ?? ......... Something just dont add up... But im glad i have the shot.. just dont know it that is the FIX or not !
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:04pm
Some facts.... in the USA

--about 80% of the people that DIED were over 75 years old
--If your under 15 years old, you have like 5 x greater chance of dieing from the FLU as you do from the WUHAN
--If your  35-45 years od, you have about the SAME chance of dieing from the  FLU as you do from the WUHAN.

---- SUMMARY--- its the people over 60 that have the greatest problem with WUHAN... and those over 75 or 80 REALLY have been attacked hardest.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 3:06am
have both shots, no side effects on either.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 5:32am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

have both shots, no side effects on either.

Everyone I know, that has been vaccinated, has either no side effects or minor, short term effects (sore arms, short term sickness lasting usually a day or two or other minor side effects).

Personally, I know of no one that has been immunized that has had serious side effects from either COVID or the vaccine, other than what has been reported by the news media. (I believe the number of people that had problems with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was six out of more than 7 million doses that had been administered.)

On the other hand, I know people that have been positive for COVID that have had everything from no symptoms to several people that have died. A friend's 49 year old daughter in law that had health issues passed away last week from COVID. Another personal friend in his 50's has been suffering side effects for about 5 weeks now and his girlfriend took about a month before she was over the effects.

Steve pointed out above the average risk factors are worst, the older we get, but the problem is that younger people keep spreading the virus. The longer the virus is active, the more it mutates and could eventually become resistant to vaccines.

I urge everyone to talk to their personal doctor and listen to their advice.

Edited by WF owner - 19 Apr 2021 at 5:54am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 5:37am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Some facts.... in the USA

--about 80% of the people that DIED were over 75 years old
--If your under 15 years old, you have like 5 x greater chance of dieing from the FLU as you do from the WUHAN
--If your  35-45 years od, you have about the SAME chance of dieing from the  FLU as you do from the WUHAN.

---- SUMMARY--- its the people over 60 that have the greatest problem with WUHAN... and those over 75 or 80 REALLY have been attacked hardest.

A lot of assumptions were made about herd immunity. Was it like chicken pox and mumps, one and done, or more like a cold that you get over and over. Also,, the “novel” aspect of the virus. The first round through the population there were no human antibodies, now there is, changing our ability to fight the disease if not totally preventing acquiring it.

Make your own decisions about the vaccine, I’m fine with that. Be careful saying you’d rather have the disease than the shot....after what my sister has gone through, some side effects can’t be much worse, unless we’re talking pushing up daisies.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:56am

That's right, TBone. Far too many assumptions were made publically by ALL those "EXPERTS" that were suppossed to be informing the public of ALL the aspects of this virus but They ALL  failed miserably,,!! From the "get-go",  it became obvious that most of the statements from the scientists were politically motivated which soon became the biggest CF the public has EVER had to contend with,,,,,forcing us to make our own decisions about yay or nay on having any sort of faith in our leadership,,,,AND,,,the vaccines THEY were pushing on us. THEN,,,,those same people started to proclaim the vaccines as Trump"s Vaccines and forced us to make yet another decision,,,,!!! It seemed nobody was thinking about OUR HEALTH,,!!
 It's just TOO dang bad that our leaders place more importance on politics than they do on making good decisions FOR US,,,,,,,Sad to say,,Far TOO many people have died and more will continue to die because of those decisions THEY Forced on US,,,decisions that had a political taint to it,,,and that is what I believe people will long remember about this virus.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

That's right, TBone. Far too many assumptions were made publically by ALL those "EXPERTS" that were suppossed to be informing the public of ALL the aspects of this virus but They ALL  failed miserably,,!! From the "get-go",  it became obvious that most of the statements from the scientists were politically motivated which soon became the biggest CF the public has EVER had to contend with,,,,,forcing us to make our own decisions about yay or nay on having any sort of faith in our leadership,,,,AND,,,the vaccines THEY were pushing on us. THEN,,,,those same people started to proclaim the vaccines as Trump"s Vaccines and forced us to make yet another decision,,,,!!! It seemed nobody was thinking about OUR HEALTH,,!!
 It's just TOO dang bad that our leaders place more importance on politics than they do on making good decisions FOR US,,,,,,,Sad to say,,Far TOO many people have died and more will continue to die because of those decisions THEY Forced on US,,,decisions that had a political taint to it,,,and that is what I believe people will long remember about this virus.
Joe, I agree with everything you said 10,000%

BUT!

The people have ALSO made assumptions about what was said, what was meant, what they understood, what they read into what was said, conclusions drawn or more often JUMPED TOO.

It is one giant CF, no doubt about it.

Edited by Tbone95 - 19 Apr 2021 at 10:23am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:39pm
and the CF continues by keeping schools closed in the inner cities, and PAYING able body people to STAY HOME and not help get the economy going again.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:40pm
Had both phizer shots lin March. 

No problem with the first shot but the second was a whopper.  Woke up that night with body aches from head to toe.  Felt like I was kicked in the kidneys.  Had chills and a racing heartbeat.

Took a few days for all the effects to wear off but am fine now.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:10am
Can relate as got my second on Wednesday afternoon, all good Wednesday into Thursday Morning.  Went to work as normal, had some site work at a bridge project moving the low water crossing out of the creek bed and filling in behind the abutment.  Finish work to resume Monday, but anyway by 10am aches were pretty rough where by noon severe.  Made it through the bridge site stuff then on to working clay haul and suffering, every joint every muscle in use just sore then eyes became sore and skin sore sensitive, end of day was feeling like been hit by the truck.  Got home had a cheese sammich, wife took temp was 100.2 and in bed by 6:30 spent.  Slept straight and hard to 12:30 then needed glass of water where was still sore all over.  Got up near 4 this morning feeling less sore, temp is down to 98.4 closer to my normal 97.8, aches are more typical of a day but just tired, no energy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic