This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Desert Joe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desert Joe
    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:24pm
I sent you a link of a tractor for sale. Wonder if it is the same as yours?
Most curious about parts availability.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:57pm

Chit,,Thad,,I never can hear the beep tellin me I got a new text on my IPhone and don't know how to make it louder,,,PHHHHSSSHHHAAaaa!!! (That's a new one,,,)
 Yeah,,it does have some similarities to mine, but I think it might be a newer model then mine. The tractor does have the shuttle shift on left side as the Industrials did but I can't see if it has the trans cooler or the reinforced front end to know fro sure. The back hoe is "similar" as it has the cylindrical rotary swing altho it has something mounted on top of it, A word of caution on that swing cylinder,,,unless you actually see it "swing BOTH directions"  for yourself,,,parts for the cylinder are few and FAR between. I do have a number for the feller I got the repair paddles and seals from and he told me they wern't available any longer. The loader does look stout but is way different than mine.
 I just noticed,,the main lift cylinder on back hoe leaks down is why you see them chains holding it up,,,,,
 Does the engine run?
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:53pm
I haven’t contacted them yet. It looks a little rough and I agree the chains holding it up make me suspicious. I really don’t have time for projects anymore.
It’s only a few miles from here.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:54pm

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:04pm

Well, Chit,,,I was thinking so hard didn't even type anything,,,,LOLLOL 
 The main boom cylinder on mine also had to be rebuilt and cost dang near as much as a new one,,,,,
 That "Alice" looks to have been rode haa'ard and put up wet and at $3,500,,it'd have to have an almost new engine and tranny,,, Some people take good care of their equipment,,,and some don't,,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:29pm
that mean i can re-sell the Chevy Allis?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:17am

Shameless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
   why you wanna pain me so early in the morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?WinkWink
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:18am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well, Chit,,,I was thinking so hard didn't even type anything,,,,LOLLOL 
 The main boom cylinder on mine also had to be rebuilt and cost dang near as much as a new one,,,,,
 That "Alice" looks to have been rode haa'ard and put up wet and at $3,500,,it'd have to have an almost new engine and tranny,,, Some people take good care of their equipment,,,and some don't,,,,,

Yes ole Alice has been rode hard but that’s typical of any equipment used in the Ozarks.
I wouldn’t give the asking price or even close. Thought about giving an offer but decided it was a bad idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic