This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

User names

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User names
    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:51pm
Good evening all.

First time poster here and I'm curious how you all came up with your user names. Some are (I think) pretty self explanatory; but others not so much. I'm eager to find out. 

I'll start: I worked as a mechanic for several years at a GMC dealership and all of the GM special tools had a J number (example J1234, J5678, etc.). I don't know about my actual mechanical skills but I never shied away from buying tools that I would ever POSSIBLY need (even if I only used them once....GRRR...) so I was the go to guy in the shop if a person needed a tool. Cleverly, some of the other tech's started calling me JTOOL so I thought that I would use that as my user name. Just wondering. Later.
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:09am
My other hobby.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:09am
Ever see a country road that wasn't dusty ?

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:49am
I grew up on the fender, then in the seat of AC tractors. 

When my aunt gave me my grandfathers WF, which I spent hours on when I was a kid, this tractor  addiction started. Now I have somewhere over 20 (I don't count because my wife will use it against me !!!).
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:51am
One of very few Savage model 99 collectors from KS.  Best lever action ever made.Wink

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:13am
Yep
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:18am
When my hair turned gray my son started calling me........
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:47am
Years ago on the old AC Forum, many of us used our first name with our home state in the user name.  Not all members, but some.  You'll see some of those type of monikers among the members.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:05am
Mine's easy , have a AC and I'm in SC . Actually my fav son and I have 2 D 15s . THANKS !
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:11am
At the age of 5, according to my father and neighbors, I was in the fields farming with AC tractors. Somewhere later in life I decided to buy a small place of my own and needed some tractors. I was looking at modern green and some blue tractors then decided to stick with what I knew because I am... lol. Welcome to the forum!!!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
I've always been a giver of goofy monikers and nicknames for people, pets, etc.  When my first son was born, he rather quickly was known as "buddy bone" (and actually several nicknames including bone.  No idea why)  He was born in 1995, first name starts with T.  Tbone95.

He's 6' 3" 220 pounds now, and still call him buddy bone!

And here y'all thought it was cuz I raised beef cows!LOL

Edited by Tbone95 - 04 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
Mnfarmboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:58pm
I wish was  still a Mn. farm boy

Edited by Mnfarmboy - 04 Mar 2021 at 1:59pm
ihc pickups View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihc pickups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:25pm
I restore IHC pickups.
Mike
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:31pm
Festus from Gun Smoke I still get to watch it on tv.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:39pm
like Brian said, on the "old forum" many would use their first name and the state they were from... originally there was no "location" or "date" listed by your name.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 5:40pm
Grew up on D17 series I & JD 4020s. Later after college, I got to operate another farm’s AC 7050 pulling a field cultivator/harrow for their spring tillage. The 7050 sold me on it’s 426’s torque, it’s power director hi/lo buttons in floor, & it’s comfortable hydraulic levers in its side console. So when we acquired our IL farmland, I purchased a 7060(improved 7050).
Another forum member already had 7060, so I added some notation “AC7060IL “

Edited by AC7060IL - 04 Mar 2021 at 5:41pm
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:16pm
Name Thad and from Arkansas. Got the name from the old forum.
All other forums I’m the AR Hillbilly.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by ihc pickups ihc pickups wrote:

I restore IHC pickups.

What do you use for metal???

Hahaha... sorry just joking. We had one....until there was nothing left of it
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:25pm
I have been potty trained for 65 years.
Strokendiesel002 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strokendiesel002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm
First pickup I bought was a 96 F250 with a Powerstroke. Dunno why, 2 is my favorite number. Maybe 'cause I was born on the second, maybe because the only thing better than 1 awesome thing is 2 awesome things, either way... Created that handle àt some point and just never thought to change it
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:32pm
Lars is actually my first name. Original lived in Wisconsin.
This forum, and one other I actually use my name. Others, I have a ‘screen name’.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 04 Mar 2021 at 9:32pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:42pm
well......
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:54pm
my reputation
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:02pm
When I joined the forum, I was a truck driver and a farmer. And the wife and I were starting a truck farm.

Edited by truckerfarmer - 04 Mar 2021 at 10:03pm
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:49pm
Thanks for all the replies. Like I said some are self explanatory (I assumed LouSWPA that your name is Lou or Louis and you live in southwest Pennsylvania, Thad is named Thad or Thaddeus and lives in Arkansas, etc. etc.). Some surprised me. TBone, I figured that your name started with T and maybe you got married in 1995. Shameless, I thought maybe that the love you have for your old lady (oops... I mean your loving wife) spurred you to create that moniker a la the Billy Joel/Garth Brooks song. Dusty; No I haven't seen a country road that isn't dusty but, I have also known several people named Dusty. I hope that other members will chime in about their user names as well. Truckerfarmer; were you a long haul trucker? I would think that would be exceedingly difficult to also farm if you were. Also, forgive my ignorance but, what exactly is a truck farm?  
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:17pm
Festus51; Is Festus a hero of yours or do you just like the name. I remember watching Gunsmoke when I was little but don't remember any details.

soggybottomboy; Sadly, that potty training wears off the older I get. I had to change to black or charcoal colored underwear a few years ago because I was tired of seeing the nickel sized yellow stain on the front of my tighty whities. Sorry if this is a TMI.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:53am
Originally posted by JTOOL JTOOL wrote:

Truckerfarmer; were you a long haul trucker? I would think that would be exceedingly difficult to also farm if you were. Also, forgive my ignorance but, what exactly is a truck farm?  

I used to drive over the road. Then I switched to local heavy hauling. Pulled double belly dump trailers, (142,000# gross). Our main job was hauling granite from the quarries to the local concrete and asphalt plants. 50-100 mile hauls, depending on which material was wanted, and who had the bid for the year. I now have a government job as a heavy equipment operator at our local landfill.
In simple terms, a truck farm is a field to market vegetable farm in one operation. We started with potatoes, peppers, sweet corn and pumpkins. Now we just do pumpkins.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:58am
When one has a last name that is hard to pronounce and when in the Navy use to be called Alphabet with a K it became easier for many to remember Coke - so kind of stuck .
 use to use Dirt-Digger on CB handle but that got mauled when airwaves were full of static . 
 So the Coke-in-MN has been used here for over 24 years now .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
ihc pickups View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihc pickups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:08pm
T-bone you have to make them or find other trucks that hopefully the part(s) you need are there.
My latest venture is a 1946 KB2 lots of metal work but everything is there anyway.
I have 4- 1974 IHC D200 PU 2 of them I have done complete frame off restortions.
The 3rd one needs the engine O/H and a lot of body work as well.
The last one I found last year in Montana it has 5812 original miles had spent it's entire life at an airport hauling lawn mowers. Seat looks like it has never been set in.
All 4 of these are 4WD.. 2 are 4 speeds and 2 are automatics.

Mike
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:51pm
ihc, Man, what memories....mostly bad ones, but funny ones!

To be fair, I do believe a "friend" of my dad sold him one that had been wrecked maybe?  It looked good at first, but holy CRAP did it rust out horrible.

Quite the truck though.  Can still hear the huh-huh-HUH-HUH-huh-huh-HUH-HUH runout in the ring gear while cranking it over.  Almost never ran on all 8, usually at least one miss.  Dad did away with the automatic choke and put a pull choke in the dash, which helped, but we also had a Spray-N-Wash bottle of gasoline we kept in the front seat so you could squirt gas down the carb.  Then it would backfire and burn the hair off your knuckles.  The bendix would miss and you'd get that high pitched bark-squeal!  Damn thing would start 20 times in a row without issue, sure enough in town or at school it would do that just to draw attention to you.  Not sure what the record for high-schoolers was sitting across that huge front seat was, probably 7 or so!  Funniest part, when you packed in that many, the second person from the left would drive!!!  Not long after the ENTIRE driver's side of the box fell off while hauling brush, it was parked.  But that did make it handy for unloading firewood!  

Ahhh.....memories.  OH! Forgot!  2wd, and would seemingly get stuck on a snowflake.  One time dad had to run up town for something real quick for lunch.  He was stuck on the tiniest patch of ice.  He went and got the tractor, to which we thought he was going to pull it off the ice, or maybe push it gently, and WHAM he rammed it!  Then backed up, and rammed it again!!  Mom says, you better go out and help your dad before he wrecks the tractor....think he might have been a touch mad!!!

Too funny!  I mean no offense of course, I think it's cool somebody is into them.  I believe ours was a '70 or '71.  Painted white with a black roof.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic