This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

got new shoes on....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: got new shoes on....
    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:41pm
the Dodge dually last week, genuine mud and snow radial tires. guess i'll see how well they work tomarrow. still haven't had to plug the truck in to start from the cold. i just give it a little more warm up time. 
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:49pm

DaNG  Shameless,,,just how many trks you gots going????  Boy,,you must have a heck of a yearly bill at MVD,,,,!!!
 Maybe you could make some points with ole Les and make him a sweetheart deal on one of them fords you got,,,,the one with the new battery and new caissons??ClapClap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:27am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

DaNG  Shameless,,,just how many trks you gots going????  Boy,,you must have a heck of a yearly bill at MVD,,,,!!!
 Maybe you could make some points with ole Les and make him a sweetheart deal on one of them fords you got,,,,the one with the new battery and new caissons??ClapClap

Rotflmao
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:59pm
only ford i ever had on this place was runned over with my HD5, the ford belonged to one of the stockholders. i gots: 3-4x4 pickups, 3-4x4 burbs, 2-4x4 jeeps, 1-2 WD Caddy. 1- FWD Chevy something, a mixture of gas and diesels.  
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:09am

Thad,,,,we HAVE GOT to sneek over there and check where he gots them jeeps hid out,,,,I ain't seen them on Duck duck earth in a while,,,,you can tell he moves them vehicles around every so often,,,especially my Allis Chevy,,,,His neighbor across the street calls me every time he goes to moving ,,,"stuff",,, around,,,,,Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:23am
We need to keep it secret. He heard I laughed at your comment yesterday and this morning I wake up to mid 20’s and a blanket of purdy.
Dreading the climb up the scaffold this morning. 😁
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:07am

OOOooooo Chit,,,climbin around scaffolds on a cold azzed mornin,,,,,,best make sure you gots your belt all lashed up,,,,Clap You know,,I never was scaird of heights and still not not and always got picked for them type jobs ,,,,these days,,I sure like "tierra firma" pretty good tho,,,,LOLLOL
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

the Dodge dually last week, genuine mud and snow radial tires. guess i'll see how well they work tomarrow. still haven't had to plug the truck in to start from the cold. i just give it a little more warm up time. 
What brand of tire were they?
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:46pm
I don't think ole Shameless has moved much in the last few years.  I'm pretty sure the Chevy Allis is in the same spot, just overgrown with weeds and stuff.  I think those of us going to Hutch from the west should have a rest stop at Dale's place to see all his stuff and try out his food.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:13pm
John, perhaps you and Ted can keep him occupied whilst Joe and I poke around a bit then we will keep him occupied while you two pick your treasures, I mean look around.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:07pm
Farmboy....i'll hafta look.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 10:54pm
Dale if you are driving down the road and it feels like the back end is soon gonna be in front of you, let some air out of the tires. If you start out with too much air they can be real squirly. When you have too much air, the tires are riding on the center of the tread. You want the whole tread on the ground to stop being squirly. For years I always thought you needed to add more air. But studying a Goodyear book one time, I came across the correct solution to the problem.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 11:07pm

But,,but,,,Tom,,,what if you ain't usin Goodyear ta'ars,,,,,?WinkWink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:46pm
thanks Tom...the tire place said they put 70 lbs in the fronts and 65 lbs in the rears.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:52pm
Ya Joe I know what your a sayin'. These we sold were probably an off brand made by Goodyear on a Friday night.      a friend of mine worked in the Armstrong tire factory. He did maintance in the plant. He came in the shop one afternoon. He and his clothes were black as dirt. Maybe blacker. They have machine called banberries. They hold carbon black, stuff that toughens up tires. One of them had plugged up due to operator error, he had to crawl down inside and clean it out. Boy was he mad. A couple of years after he retired he passed away from cancer. I often wondered if stuff like that caused his cancer. Any of those mud/snow tires for pickups that I buy have the extra carbon black in them, they are called anti chip tread compound. They do wear longer than a regular mud and snow tire.   
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Ya Joe I know what your a sayin'. These we sold were probably an off brand made by Goodyear on a Friday night.      a friend of mine worked in the Armstrong tire factory. He did maintance in the plant. He came in the shop one afternoon. He and his clothes were black as dirt. Maybe blacker. They have machine called banberries. They hold carbon black, stuff that toughens up tires. One of them had plugged up due to operator error, he had to crawl down inside and clean it out. Boy was he mad. A couple of years after he retired he passed away from cancer. I often wondered if stuff like that caused his cancer. Any of those mud/snow tires for pickups that I buy have the extra carbon black in them, they are called anti chip tread compound. They do wear longer than a regular mud and snow tire.   

The basics:

[TUBE]_rEtKQG8SeU[/TUBE]
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic