This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD41

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD41
    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:13pm
Not my pic, but original posters name is on it, so thank you to him. A friend sent to me and it is so awesome I had to share with all you Allis lovers.
Bonus points for the Autocar too!
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:46pm
that’s cool
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:04pm
WOW.... look at the car models... That had to be about 1980 ?  Down town New Jersey with a 80 TON LOAD !! Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:07pm
I'd hate to change all the tires on that darn trailer. According to research I did years ago, they removed the blade and transported it seperatly. That is one hefty load.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 2:11pm
Wow!  The grill guard on the truck is a bit of an understatement!  Must have been a short move, can't imagine going through a weigh station with it, would probably break the scale.

I used to get chicken manure from the local egg farm.  They would haul it on a 2 axle end dump.  I think I paid $2 per ton for it.  One load cost me $102.....

Edited by JohnColo - 27 Jan 2021 at 2:15pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
By grill, only two cab lights and Center Mounted Horn, that is a mid sixties A-car.  Geared to eternity twin stick two boxes and probably a Smoking Powerhouse of 250hp.  Newest car in pics is a 76.

Edited by DMiller - 27 Jan 2021 at 2:44pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:12pm
Thats a hunk of iron for sure
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:19pm
Like TOM said, we use to take the blade and ripper off to get it down to about 60 tons and still over width... With the blade and ripper, its in the 80 TON range... Standard blade was 18 ft wide i think.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:20pm
Dozers get around.  

Two FD 30's here in this part of Oz started life pushing on New York rubbish dumps
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:27pm
How'd they get That stink off them!!!  Worked landfill machines LONG ago, was NOTHING on them if struck a Arc or a Torch cut or sat in the sun long enough did not reek horribly.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Ian.... i was familiar with that job. Fresh Kills New York... About  1984.  CAT had been the tractor of choice for YEARS... FIAT under bid to get the job.. Basically gave the tractors away to get a foot in the door. I think it was 30 tractors... Union on site was PISSED.. About 20 of the tractors "caught fire" and burned bad.  Rebuilt a few, but Union was not on board with the FA machines.... Miserable job.

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Jan 2021 at 5:06pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm
Look at the :30 - 1:00 minute mark.... that place was He!! on earth.

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 2:25pm
Now they send it to New Mexico and other states.  We get some of the sludge in S.E. Colorado.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 7:23pm
is capping a landfill magically stop the pollution.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:05pm
Actually starts generating Methane, is worse.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Actually starts generating Methane, is worse.

20 years ago the big thing was burning it to generate electricity, that still a green thing to do?

Had a cousin working for a company installing the generators all over the USA. He had enough when the union guys in Chicago pined one of his crew by not knowing how to operate equipment. He removed the operator that that froze up on the controls after his mistake. Union want to fine or imprison him for not following there rules. The pinned worker was not hurt bad thankfully.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic