This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Face Book Market Place Ques?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Face Book Market Place Ques?
    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:14pm
I am never on face book to chit chat but like to use marketplace.

Trying to figure out if once fired brass can be advertised there.  i don't want to get spanked or banned because some egg head thinks it is ammo or whatever.

Anyone know for sure?

thanks  Dave
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:18pm
Just put it on there and they will tell you if there is something wrong with it.  I posted some ostomy supplies for free and they wouldn't let me post them.  Cause you need a script to get them I guess.  There wasn't any grieve from it.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 3:29am

Hey Dave,,,IF you figure out how to post on the MarketPlace without actually joining FB,,I'd like to know,,,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:12am
I cannot access without a PW, and am not on faceplant anymore so that would be No.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:53am
FB MP  = same as Pinterest, gotta signup and them get TONS of KRAP from them....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:28am
What tons of crap? I use the marketplace every year for hay and stuff....where is my ton of crap? I could put it on my corn fields.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:35am
Pinterest was sending me 5-10 emails everyday 'you might like.....' KRAP
After 3 request to unsubscibe  didn't work, I emailed them one of THEIR server's internal serial numbers and 'magically' no more Pinterest KRAP

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:50am
Sorry Joe, it is the Missus account. 

I am not a facy book kinda person, except for the market place.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:52am
Call it once fired brass for art supplies.
Otherwise they’ll frown.
Can’t do much to you other than delete the post.
We have a group here called Hatcreek Mercantile. You post a pic and that’s it then they pm you for details. You can say wtb and such but that’s it.
What kind of brass by the way?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:01am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Pinterest was sending me 5-10 emails everyday 'you might like.....' KRAP
After 3 request to unsubscibe  didn't work, I emailed them one of THEIR server's internal serial numbers and 'magically' no more Pinterest KRAP

K, well that’s Pinterest, and you said FBMP too. I knew that’s what you meant, and I get no such stuff from marketplace.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:05am

Why not just change the Description:

Wanted: MT used brass cartridge shells
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:45am
Thad, going thru a change in life and no longer reload.

9mm Luger  360
38 special    119
45ACP         254
308 Win      20
300 Win Mag  20
30-06         160
44 Mag       247
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:19am
For once fired brass, you might have better luck on GunBroker.

That is their niche and is an ebay type auction, so will get full market value for it, whatever that is.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 3:36pm
Are you planning on shipping? Reloading components are gold right now.
I recently(a few months back) bought 1000 223/556 for $60.00
From what I hear they’ve gon up since then. Lgs sold primers on gunbroker 100 for $275.00
I nearly passed out.
I’ve even heard of primers bringing $1.00 a piece.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:32pm
Wouldn't primers at 100 for $275 be $2.75 each?

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:51pm
Sorry John was supposed to be ?275.00 per 1000
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:42am
I'm not into reloading ammo, but FB Marketplace is something- some deals but mostly way over priced and seems they have no idea what they have- looking for a go to work car for example- 2001 Pontiac G6 great car, great interior- runs awesome, 6 banger, 189000 miles $1900; oh wait the bad news has to be towed only has reverse- and driver's side window won't roll down- all easy fixes- they said- I say WTF! That's a $ 500 car in my book
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:05am
$500 ????

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much
maybe fifty..

price a tranny R&R !!!!
window motor(yup, made you know where...) $200-400$

I just looked FBMP Hamilton for A-C stuff...yikes $$$,and NOT in Hamilton either !

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:20am
Well there’s asking price and selling price on FBMP, just like Craigslist or the classifieds of the local fish wrapper.

One of 3 things happen: it doesn’t sell, it sells for much less, or a sucker is found. People can ask what they want, it’s not the responsibility of or problem with the platform.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:09pm
Interesting way of looking at this topic ,, LOL,,  sure theres always wiggle room - but cmon , maybe no experience on there- as there are alot of way over priced stuff on there and its mostly junk  
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:43am
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Interesting way of looking at this topic ,, LOL,,  sure theres always wiggle room - but cmon , maybe no experience on there- as there are alot of way over priced stuff on there and its mostly junk  

And I myself, or you, or people with half a brain, don't buy the overpriced junk. Why would they? If someone buys overpriced junk, too bad for them. I guess money just burns a hole in their pocket. No different than a garage sale, flea market, classified,. . .
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:01am
...auctions...

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:37pm
I never got anything from FB MP except money.  And stuff usually moves quicker than on CL.  My only complaint is the one click, "Is this still available" button.  Apparently that is one of the new games kids play today.  You probably need to be on FB to use MP because their preferred method of communication is FB Messenger.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 12:01am

For those that understand MarketPlace better than I do,,,,bout 2-3 months ago,,the "messaging" that I did with various sellers just started going away,,,say I had a conversation going asking bout the item(s) for sale and next day,,it would all disappear and if I did not write down the title of the item description,,there is NO WAY I could go back and restart the discussion with that seller!!!!  It now does it ALL THE TIME. I started writing down the item description EXACTLY as it appeared and even then sometimes I could not find the item again,,,,Anybody know WHY or what to do to regain this feature????
NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 3:53am
Mine started doing the same
If you send a message on an ad just hit the save button.  Then you can go to your saved adds and find it.
Sometimes it will keep messages in messenger if you open it up rather than relying on the quick tab, it is sketchy.  This just started.
They also cleared all my old messages out a week ago or so.
Just save ads your interested in.

HD3
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:56am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

...auctions...

Almost said that, except there the idiot buyers are literally setting their own price.
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 2:56pm
I wonder if "they" would require you to see a FOID card for the transaction.  Hope not...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic