This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11s retuurn from logging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11s retuurn from logging
    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 2:20pm
  Nice line up of equipment. Hope you have a Safe and A Happy New Year.
Sponsored Links

HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 12:16pm
Heck that TL30 is still a impressive sized machine; esp parked beside the 745C which is a decent sized loader too.
Cheers Mel and Dave and familys, all the best for 2021.
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 12:15am
that's right Eric!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 10:15pm
Ok...Here's today's addition...how about a TL30

This is a real nice specimen.  We've had it for many years and it's pretty cool
Got some more to ad...if we can get them started
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 10:07pm
Eric...Yes you're right about that. Ironically that's the second set of front tires without replacing the rear tires. We've always felt that with the articulation and running in dirt...and not on the pavement..it wouldn't be a problem...after many years it hasn't been a problem.  We might try to go ahead and and put 2 new ones on the back.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 12:42pm
So Mel... it's quite apparent that these new tires are bigger than the remaining two in the back. How do you feel about the stress that puts on the diffs and transfer case? I had the same scenario on my 745... I did not run into trouble but I did not push it too hard either. I know you wouldn't get away with it on a Ford 4X4 pick up. (Right shameless dude?) 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 5:30pm
Shameless...come on out to the Allis Chalmers playground....Oh... you'll need to be wearing a certified hat for admission. So here's another one....it turned back into a loader as soon as the last load of logs were delivered
Don't know if any body will notice...or ask...but the 2 new tires on the front...that we got about 2 weeks ago were $3500.000. Merry Christmas...I guess...
Ok...got some more to ad ...if we can get them started.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 1:24am
i think i wanna play in your yard!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 9:58pm
So...we retrieved this this 645 for the lineup

It has been retrofitted with the IVECO engine that was a popular conversion after FIAT took over..(we did not do that) FIAT of course used the IVECOs in all there loaders after they took over AC
Ok....We're going to ad some more too...actually it's kind of fun...needs to be in one place for a photo op....maybe take inventory...starting to forget what we have.   
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 9:39am
  Merry Christmas Mel and great looking equipment you have
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:52pm
Merry Christmas Mel and all, Glad you got some nice looking weather.
 thanks to you know who, we had about 5" of wind driven snow and it really blew hard  and had drifts around everything with a high today of -1 F degree and went back down as the sun went down. was -12 last night.   -9 close to midnight now. 
  Yur crawlers look like they are enjoying that warm weather of yours.
  And have a Great NEW YEAR too!
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:55pm
Thanks for posting your pictures. Happy to see them and your country side. Hoping you all take a little time for yourselves and have a Merry Christmas.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:30pm
i'm still excited that you finally came back to us MEL! i think all them great looking tractors need a Christmas wreath on the front of them! lighted-optional! 
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 8:27pm
Merv....Yes...you're right about all of that...this serial number being...17885....looks like you got the new one.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 9:59pm
HD6B with 5 roller track frame; should be oil master clutch too, and if your really lucky 2spd reverse. Great little crawler Smile And a E30 winch winch too; got one exactly the same HD6B 18631 
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 7:39pm
Ok...Retrieved another one today...it needs to have the hardnose pulled down and reseal the accessory drive pulley.
This was grandson Trenton's tractor when we were logging and some other projects....hoping to use it for some site prep...do to it's size for getting in between existing stumps with a brush rake
I'll try to add another one tomorrow.....betcha can't guess.....have some Christmas stuff to take care of first 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:08pm
WHEW! thanks for coming back to us MEL! i was (and many others) worried about you 2! thanks for posting the pics, looks like wonderful country where you are! again....Merry Christmas and a safe great new year to the both of you. (this don't mean you can stop with the pics tho! lol
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 9:33pm
Ok guys.....Thanks for the nice comments...to answer a couple of questions...
    John...Since we emailed back during fire season...we've just been making "poop" tanks and delivering them...been busy every day...Dave set 2 today.....we scheduled some for after Christmas weekend....but with rain coming those might not happen.  We had also turned down other fire assignments due to our busy work schedule...and the phone rang off the hook from both Cal Fire and the USFS....the computer program we're in showed we weren't assigned. We also opted to stay at home with our resources (water trucks and dozers) for our own self protection.  Also had to deal with cows and calves so we could sell calves.
   Ray....yes a wet Christmas would be great! It's starting to look like we might get some....looks like you might even get some. We should have 10-15 inches by now....we have 4''....got a letter from our water district saying there would be no irrigation water this coming season as it looks.
  So we were trying to gather up this equipment before it rains this weekend. Hoping to ad another dozer to the lineup tomorrow...not telling what it is... stay tuned
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 8:22pm
Yes, thanks Mel- great pictures and nice view.  Nice to see the well kept equipment too..
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:46pm
Me;,
 Always good to hear from you! Wonderful pictures of your ranch and equipment!
Merry Christmas!
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 2:53pm
Great to hear you are doing good and able to get your equipment moved home to service it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Always good to hear from You
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:51pm
I know you have serious fires and floods but you live in beautiful country... especially for this time of year when many of us live in snow and cold, our comfort being our 'long-johns' and warm sweaters 'til summer comes again :)
Thanks for posting all the great photos!
A Merry Christmas to everyone!
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:25pm
Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you have a wet Christmas. Good to see a bit of green under the oaks. Has not got that wet down here on Central Coast, maybe on the weekend still lots of dust.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 9:02am
So glad you and family are will Mel. Great pics of your tractors. Merry Christmas.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 3:04am
Still look as good as always
Good to hear all is good and everyone still active
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:21am
Thanks for getting back on the forum, we've missed you!  What else have you been doing for the last few months?
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:43pm
Excellent pics and story; as usual Mel and Dave.
Always like to read about you guys.
Take care and a safe and merry christmas to you all.
Mervyn Pepper
New Zealand Thumbs Up
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:24pm
Ok...just so everyone knows we're alive and well...thought I should put up something.  Been a very busy... chaotic...weird year. We finished logging last year and these tractors were just returned today

We've been trying to get them of the back of the ranch since this past spring
One would be a HD11B series with a Esco 100'' grapple...the other HD11EP with a Carco winch.

A month ago...I made a trip up the hill to start them...they had been sitting for 6 months...got them both started as well as the feller buncher sitting with them...also determined at that time we would not be able to get to there location with the lowbed due to the road being to wet ...not drying on the shaded north slopes...So I moved them about a mile to the top of a ridge where we could still get the lowbed

Well...we got to busy to go get them again...we have 4'' of rain now...drought situation but still to wet to get up our main road with the lowbed.  So today grandson Trenton and his dad Ray...made a trip up there and walked them down the hill about 3 miles
So the last part of the trip was on the lowbed about 3 miles on dirt and pavement.
They need to be serviced and some maintenance done...hoping to move them back up there with brush rakes to do some sight prep for tree planting that will be done in Jan
So I thought I better post some pictures...cause I know Shameless wants me to post pictures...since  I got my Christmas card today from Shameless....I thought I better post these pictures for his Christmas present.(I think he's waiting for the 50 year hats to come out so he can get his picture taken with it to post....you know like the last time...LOL
Hope this works....new computer...LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic