This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Router table

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Router table
    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:26am
I found mine today, still in the boxes never put together. It was buried under a lot of other stuff in the shop. I got it mostly put together today. Its a Craig Jig brand, real heavy built. Now I gotta find the dang router. I looked it up online this afternoon. It cost over $700.00 today. I think it cost me in the neighborhood of $250.00. Needless to say, I am still cleaning up the dang shop. We did get her moms stuff outta there. I've still got a big pile of insulation laying in there. No backing on it. Its 8' wide, made to be put in a new steel building, as a matter of fact, its left over from building the new shop at the car dealership. I think I will cut it onto 15" wide batts and insulate the roof of the porch I enclosed last summer.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 2:38am
what are you gonna rout?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:35am
Once I complete the KW, perhaps trade it off for a smaller machine I will build a router workbench along the back wall of the shop.  Make it mobile on casters but where the router can be undermounted or removed easily.  My brother has a set of plans that he is going to send me to do this.  Also need a long bench as this to seat my Sliding Miter Saw, cumbersome on longer pieces even on a rolling support.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:25am
TOM !!!  Sounds like you really NEED that table... Better  hurry up and get it together !  LOL   Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:30am
Got a cheapie one here -----dont have time to use it! --- kinda sucks! They are handy.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:30am
Amazing what you can find when you go to cleaning out. My bride bought me a big heavy Crapsman router years ago but forgot the table. But right now I don't have room for a good router table but I have free handed some things along the way. My granddaughter tells me I need to get better organized so I may have to put her to work doing some cleaning. Anybody need a good radial arm saw?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:08pm
I built a table and put a insert router table into it from Rocklers years ago, built all our kitchen cabinet out of red oak that was sawn from 2 tree I found down one spring mushroon hunting also made some of our woodwork. I have a dust collector hooked to it but haven't used it much since I got the house done. It has a 2 horse router under it,
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:10pm
Still working on getting the router attached to the table. I had to drill and counter sink some holes in the top of the table today. Now I need 3 longer screws to attach the router to the table. I want to go to a farm sale tomorrow, its a mile out of town. Should be able to catch the local ace hardware store in the morning and pick them up. Sale starts at 11:00. I don't need anything, but the guy was a real good customer at our tire shop. At 1 time, his wife managed a fleet of semis they owned running to California and hauling produce back, hauling eggs out. Then the idiots in California passes a law requiring all eggs sold in the state had to be from cage free chickens. The chicken ranch they were getting the eggs from was only 1 mile from their place. They sold the trucks to the place they were hauling for and just went to farming.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 2:21am
who's crying the auction?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:29pm
Shameless. Garrison Auction is calling it. The gals in the food trailer have good coffee. They have one at Macksberg Ia for another friend of mine next Sat. I can't bee there. I did get more of this dang router table put together today. I am missing a major piece of it. Left them a message today. If it was all there I'd have her done today. Had to stop and change a rear tractor tire for a guy. He brought it over. Gots to use my new duck billed tire hammer this afternoon. Boy am I outta shape, it doesn't help that my left arm is almost totally useless. Tires are a real pain in the butt when they are off the tractor. He wants me to do another next week. Hope he gets here by noon, old gal says I have to make some deliveries that week. I hope so, both of these stores I'll be delivering to have real cute gal owners, and one serves good coffee in her shop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic