This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where are all the Elk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are all the Elk?
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm
[TUBE]Jzo2Ie7B7CI[/TUBE]
Sponsored Links

JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:01pm
I've got a half a dozen of them, Elk, that keep visiting my farm along with my neighbors places, wish they would go back to the hills!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:03pm
If are down by you snow must be coming soon.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 11:46pm
hehehehehe!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:12am
Wink I though you would find them at bar in THE ELKS club.LOL

Dang to much blood a guts I guess cause you tube has been disabled. Confused 

An with the lock down, local Elks Club is open Wink I hear but they cannot open the bar. Cry So you got to drink your troubles away by yourself.LOL

But thanks to government I will have elk to compete with my cows and knock the fences down real soon. They put them on John's old stopping ground of a military base about 5 miles away 20 years ago. Confused Since they don't do anything with them they multiplied like crazy. Have seen them 2 miles away, but a lot of grapes and tall fences in the way of the short route. But they will be here before to long.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 2:24pm
My elk herd have been down here about 6 miles from the mountains for maybe 2 years, now they have moved about a mile east from where they first settled.  They haven't done too much damage to my place, mostly sleeping in the alfalfa hay but it still cuts ok with the diskbine.  My neighbor with veggies is not in the same boat, lots of damage, the game and fish guys gave him a bunch of rubber 12 gauge shells, they stay away for a few days but they really like fresh greens and stuff and come back.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 7:55pm
Got some inside a cyclone fence near here, didn't see no no hunting signs but aint sure what to tell ya bout Ohio's Elk season.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 11:08am
The Cleveland Zoo?
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 12:27am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

The Cleveland Zoo?
                No, evidently somebody owns them probably a couple dozen in there. Don't know why he keeps em. Bout 5 mi. from where I live.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:09am
We have a wild herd about 30 miles north of me. I see one in my yard once in a while. got a couple bad pictures last year they show up when harvest is happening around me. same time as I see moose yearly. after harvest they disappear. during bad blizzards Ive seen them camped out in my north tree rows until the blizzard moves on. My dog gets a little crazy when they decide to walk between the house and the trees.
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 6:18pm
nella(PA)  I don't know if it is the same one,but wife and I saw a grizzly eating on a bull elk in the yellowstone river wed. afternoon the 23 sept in yellowstone park.Park rangers were having a BIG job trying to keep traffic moving. Parking places were all full. Great place to visit. Gary
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:43pm
Them things sure make  decent size Whitetail look like a dwarf.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:12am
I just saw a video of a big male near the hotel wear that movie was shot in CO, I think Estes Park.  He was just wandering around bugling to call in his girls.  People were standing around taking pictures, and getting way to close.  With a sex crazed animal wandering around that could go berserk and take off after people at any time, I thought those folks were acting a little stupid.  That's not a tiny little white tail rack he is toting there.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Gary(MO) Gary(MO) wrote:

nella(PA)  I don't know if it is the same one,but wife and I saw a grizzly eating on a bull elk in the yellowstone river wed. afternoon the 23 sept in yellowstone park.Park rangers were having a BIG job trying to keep traffic moving. Parking places were all full. Great place to visit. Gary

I don't think it is because the vedio was posted on the 18th
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:41am
[QUOTE=john(MI) I thought those folks were acting a little stupid.  That's not a tiny little white tail rack he is toting there.

They are not ACTING ,  NO ONE can act that good. 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:16pm
John, can I come out hunting?  I wouldn't be using any rubber bullets though....LOL
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic