This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D 15 front axle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D 15 front axle
    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm
Have a pivot pin support bushing on the way . Anyone replaced one lately ? Have the front end rolled away so I could pull the engine . Any advice is much appreciated . Thanks !
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:44pm
just measure the two diameters and find a bushing that fits...
the 'fun' for me was the EGG shaped hole...cleaned it good ,mixed up a tube of JBWeld, mushed bushing in and left for 3 days( NOT in a hurry ).
When reassembling , be sure to use new lockwashers on the 2 bolts that hold the rearpivot bracket thingamabob. When those bolts go 'walkabout' you're in for some 'fun' !!!!
reminds me I should chek them again... at least once a year.....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:50pm
I get my local fab shop to make up a new pin and weld it to the axle.  They also match up a bushing and fit it in the casting as well.  They also weld up at back of the wishbone to remove any excess wear. 
Done it to many of my tractors - they will outlive me for sure!
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:03am
Thanks guys . Guess I'll know more when I get front pulled out . Rear of the wishbone has a worn out bush in it but agco doesn't show one . Have to find a match I guess . Thanks
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:40am
I machined a new pin for mine. Crazy how the old one was worn.

The hole is a little egg shaped but the new pin takes most of the slop out.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 5:53am

I don't think Allis engineers ever expected this stuff to be used for 60 or 70 years!
Also the could have added a few more grease fittings to key important moving areas. 
We need some pictures!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:10am
Yeah I'll take some pics when I get this thing apart and ask my favorite son to post them . It'll never be perfect but I'll be happy to get some of the slop out Thanks

Edited by ACinSC - 03 Aug 2020 at 11:12am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm
re:

I don't think Allis engineers ever expected this stuff to be used for 60 or 70 years!

well it didn't wear out in THEIR lifetime ! We're the ones stuck with wornout tires and sloppy stuff.....it'll be perfect for the next 2 generations though !!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 7:39am
Originally posted by ACinSC ACinSC wrote:

Yeah I'll take some pics when I get this thing apart and ask my favorite son to post them . It'll never be perfect but I'll be happy to get some of the slop out Thanks

Here was the one I took out of my D17 Wacko Needless to say it was a little used up.

Edited by Play Farmer - 26 Aug 2020 at 7:42am
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 10:11am
Looks even more worn than my D 15 pin . I put new bushings in both of my pivot point holes . should help some , I guess . Thanks for posting 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic