This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New toy on the farm Allis 615 industrial.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toy on the farm Allis 615 industrial.
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:54am
Sponsored Links

mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:32am
Nice looking tractor,but weird shift pattern.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:29pm
NICE LOOKING TRACTOR!!
The shift pattern is for the shuttle Clutch which - on most industrial models - replaces the Power Director. With the shuttle clutch you can go forward and reverse in any gear.
I remember using a D-14 in a demonstration and backing up in fourth. Heady experience
You have a beauty.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:34pm
Looks like a nice machine.
Gatz in NE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:11pm
When I worked for an implement dealer whose mainline was AC, one of the customers had a tractor just like that. 
They had a feedlot and used it every day to scrape cattle crap off the cement.  When it came in for whatever work or service, it was always a stinking mess.
The boss didn't have to work on it, so never said anything to them like "hey, could you wash that %^&* off before you bring it in?"
'Course they didn't care....not their problem.  Just fix it !

Edited by Gatz in NE - 01 Aug 2020 at 7:11pm
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:28am
Nice find. Are the rear weights AC?  Have a I600 3pt which is almost the same or exactly the same for the tractor part. The main difference between an I600 and 615 was the backhoe.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

Nice find. Are the rear weights AC?  Have a I600 3pt which is almost the same or exactly the same for the tractor part. The main difference between an I600 and 615 was the backhoe.

I'm not sure about the rear weights I don't think they are ac. They say (MM made in the usa. I asked a mini Moline enthusiasts i know about them and he wasn't sure either said he never seen any that style. So it beats me mabey some one here knows.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:51am
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

I'm interested in the three point for sure send me a personal message I'll send you my number.
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Bill Long Bill Long wrote:

NICE LOOKING TRACTOR!!
The shift pattern is for the shuttle Clutch which - on most industrial models - replaces the Power Director. With the shuttle clutch you can go forward and reverse in any gear.
I remember using a D-14 in a demonstration and backing up in fourth. Heady experience
You have a beauty.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Thanks Bill after using it I thought the engine seemed pretty stout even for a series 2 D15 found it is a power crater engine. Did they make all the 615s power craters. I don't know alot about it. I've got my books on the way but the lack of knowledge is driving me crazy. I haven't been brave enough to try 4th reverse I imagine it lie the 7000 series hi reverse there is no reason to ever go that fast backwards

Edited by Tim_Gorge - 02 Aug 2020 at 8:07am
Tim_Gorge View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Gorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Gatz in NE Gatz in NE wrote:

When I worked for an implement dealer whose mainline was AC, one of the customers had a tractor just like that. 
They had a feedlot and used it every day to scrape cattle crap off the cement.  When it came in for whatever work or service, it was always a stinking mess.
The boss didn't have to work on it, so never said anything to them like "hey, could you wash that %^&* off before you bring it in?"
'Course they didn't care....not their problem.  Just fix it !

My old man would have had a fit. Our series 3 17 was tasked with that job. i must have power washed that thing a million times growing up.
. But beyond that there are select people in life you don't want to P off, the people that handle your food, and your mechanic are probably the 2 most important.
hahahaha.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:05am
Tim, The I-60/600/615's are all basically the same with the exception of the diesel engine in the 615. The differences were in the backhoe. They are all based on the D-15 Series II tractor. The rear housing and 3 pt from a D-15 will bolt right on with the only issue being that the PTO with be 780 rpm instead of 540 due to the shuttle. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic