This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds Sandwich Size ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonalds Sandwich Size ??
    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:35pm
The wife brought home Micky Dees for supper tonight. One of the sandwiches was a filet-o-fish. OMG OuchOuch. it was the size of an Arby's SLIDER ($1) for $3 ConfusedConfused. I can only imagine the gouging for a "beef" type of sandwich Cry.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:37pm
Can't remember the last time I had clown food. Don't miss it neither.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:41pm
Get less,  but cost more.  Notice how cereal boxes are getting smaller and smaller,  and the cost continues to go up and up.   Ground coffee too.
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Can't remember the last time I had clown food. Don't miss it neither.
Well, that's your opinion, other than the recent portion/price issue, they offer a pretty good chicken sandwich and awesome salads.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

The wife brought home Micky Dees for supper tonight. One of the sandwiches was a filet-o-fish. OMG OuchOuch. it was the size of an Arby's SLIDER ($1) for $3 ConfusedConfused. I can only imagine the gouging for a "beef" type of sandwich Cry.

Complainin again?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:33pm
Try finding a TRUE 1/2 gallon of ice cream. Everything is getting smaller for the same price or more. 
   As for the CLOWN food, it doesn't agree me me. Years ago 3 of use headed for a Canadian snowmobile trip.  3 guys,3 sleds all in a standard cab P/U.  I mentioned when we started heading to the clown palace the first food stop that they didn't want to do that, I was ignored.  I reminded them again for 2nd food stop. Then after getting back on the road, the windows where rolled down and the other guys almost had there heads out the windows like a dog DeadSmileDead I was the middle guy. After that I was allow some input as to where we would eat on the road.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:58pm
There's more than one way to speak up and be heard!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:22pm
I take the Grandkids to McDonalds twice a week.. have not noticed any difference in the SIZE, but they are limiting the SELECTION due to the Virus... Everything goes thru the Drive Thru and it probably speeds up by having 6 choices instead of 20..... I get TWO hot chicken one time.... then TWO fish the next time... Then Double 1/4 pounder with cheese the next........... kids get the Happy Meals since you get a TOY !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:53am
Gave up on MickeyDs long ago, may grab a shake or a coke once in a blue moon while on a trip if ABSOLUTELY Nothing else handy. We will stop at a Dairy Queen or a local burger joint in most cities, still get a great burger at most bars where can also enjoy a cold draught with it, most times for LESS Than a MickeyDs.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 8:18am
We eat out of paper bags a lot anymore. I hadn't noticed any difference.   Fish is about the only thing I can eat from there.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 9:18am
Its all getting so expensive at the fast food places- my favorite at Hardees- mushroom and swiss meal combo was 9.47 last Friday , it was dam good tho 
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 10:26am
A few of us guys used to go to Micks for coffee on Mondays.  We would always argue over who was going to pay for the coffee to get a chuckle out of the staff.  Monday is free coffee day!  Before the covid I was going to Culvers, and during the winter months enjoyed their chili.  I thought it was good for a fast food joint.  I also liked their butter burgers and deep fried cheese curds.  I've tired of all of the other chains.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:03pm
What Is Micky Dee's? I haven't been there since the clown was their mascot! their milkshakes are fake, (notice they do not call them milkshakes? there is a reason for that), and their burgers are all beef...including the tail, eyeballs, other balls, etc. And their fries went down hill when they stopped using peanut oil 
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Complainin again?Wink
LMAO !!!! Just making an observation SmileSmile. Any worthwhile reply from you WinkWink ??
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Gave up on MickeyDs long ago, may grab a shake or a coke once in a blue moon while on a trip if ABSOLUTELY Nothing else handy. We will stop at a Dairy Queen or a local burger joint in most cities, still get a great burger at most bars where can also enjoy a cold draught with it, most times for LESS Than a MickeyDs.

Dave, I agree. Haven't eaten at a Mickey D's or Burger Dinky in years. Local joints have the best burgers but my dog prefers DQ double cheeseburgers along with a cup of ice cream. We have a place in town called The Varsity which has some great chili burgers, chili dogs, and fresh made onion rings which are the greasiest and best around. It is illegal to go to a UGA football game without eating at the Varsity.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 5:53am
Sounds as good as our Local Corner Tavern, hand made FULL Bun coverage low cost local raised beef burgers.  Can get lunch with a beer for less than $5, Love this place!!  I will have to remember the Varsity for next visit into GA!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
Dave, they have a Varsity in Athens and 2 or 3 around Atlanta. They are probably more of a tradition than really great burgers and dogs but everyone needs the experience at least once. They have been around for over 90 years so they must be doing something right. Send me an email or pm when you are planning to be in GA.

Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:46am
Count me!! Couple chili-dawgs and some rings would be great! Fresh fried pie and some ice cream would be a good end to the meal!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic