This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DANG It!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DANG It!!
    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:13am
Nothing wrong with leftovers. Basically what we live on so as not to cook everyday. I'm good with that. Freeze what doesn't get eaten. A lot of people I know won't do that and I never understood that. We don't waste food and there is someone or something that will eat it. 
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 6:49am
Well was still a good day, we put at least 3/4 of the food BACK in the fridge when done, kids took NOTHING home as usual. Wife sat and just looked at me as they left, nothing to say as she mulled the afternoon over. Sis in Law leaves this morning, said flatly she has no room at home so we to keep it. Wife will get to eat on it ALL week.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:34am

Well,,Dave,,take heart that it must just be that "motherly Instinct" for women to do that,,,yesterday, when I'm runnin around,,trying to hit all the hi points, she's there pretty much gettin in the way in her wheel chair, and askin me where this or that is,,,,,,,, me and the youngest of the boys is trying to get everything put together and on the table and,,,,and,,so I tell her to dice up some green onions,,,she got bout halfway done and then went lookin for something else to do,,,,she just gots to have a whole table full of groceries even tho it is just the four of us,,,,,!!!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:20am
Take pictures of the leftovers and the people not eating and show them to her in about 51 weeks!

Or invite Shameless and his old lady, er Lovely wife.

Edited by JohnColo - 05 Jul 2020 at 12:24am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:15pm
box it up with dry ice and send it to me, i gots freezer room!
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:20pm
Have that bike (or motor sickle) ready for next year Dave. My dad used have a bundle of knives sharpened for those occasions, then when the fuss started, head to the back of the farm with the sickle mower, spare knives, and supplies and cut hay until the fuss quietened down some.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:19pm
So where exactly are you?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:41pm
What, no Pork-n-Beans, Coleslaw, Tator Salad?  Yea this is a problem here to, then the last minute no shows. Good thing I can eat left overs for a week or two, although I prefer not to have to. I hate good food going to waste (no pigs) so I will do it. Feel for ya as trying to reason with em on it just leads to an argument.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:11pm
I wished I lived closer I would “stop by” after y’all eat and help myself lol. Feel for you Dave! My wife does same thing but luckily it’s not all the time.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Wife is on a tear again, same as usual holiday, building up food for today as if we were entertaining a troop of fifty. Already anxious not enough fridge room, has three different kinds of meat to roast or grill and all manner of sweets stuff. She will be mad at end of day when none of the kids take any of the stuff home as usual, then will be bichy all week as to not wanting to eat the same stuff for four days.

Pork Steaks, Ribs, Chicken breasts and thighs and hot dogs. Have Brownies, two cakes and Banana Pudding, bought extra ice cream and root beer for floats. ALL for seven people including two under 7.

Every holiday same effects, she and her Sis want to recover the old Family Meal mood but the kids that do come to our table do not eat like we used to. Only going to be seven of us including the children who only eat hotdogs and chips, the young adults do not eat brownies or mounds of cake with ice cream and we sit with $200 worth of excess food these two HAVE to cook up only to see it go to waste. Even the Sis in Law won't take any home with her.

Still stuck behind the rock and hard place when I bring it up. Thinking next holiday I am going for a Bike ride to Timbuktu, alone.

If it matters or helps out, My wife does the exact same thing!  I say, going to far, way to much food, not needed, etc. then we freeze, fridge, eat left overs etc.  I did say one time, learned from it, you are are, etc. still did it, and still will????  WHY???

Edited by Dave in PA - 04 Jul 2020 at 1:49pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:42pm
We won't hear or see any of our kids today, they have things to do and don't even call to say HI
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:56am
ROAD TRIP!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:29am
Thanks

And sympathies back to ya.

Edited by DMiller - 04 Jul 2020 at 8:29am
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:01am
I feel your pain. My mother does the same thing. Even though she says she doesn't want to cook anymore and us kids bring part of the meal, she still seems to spend half a day cooking.

Edited by Boss Man - 04 Jul 2020 at 8:01am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:42am
Thanks for that Floyd. Just a battle I need to rant on, sorry.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:37am
Don't know what to tell ya, cept old traditions are sometimes hard to break. Maybe, just maybe remind her next year early how much she does not like left overs... I feel for ya, even though I don't have the problem. I go to family functions that have some of the same, that is too much food.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:18am
Wife is on a tear again, same as usual holiday, building up food for today as if we were entertaining a troop of fifty. Already anxious not enough fridge room, has three different kinds of meat to roast or grill and all manner of sweets stuff. She will be mad at end of day when none of the kids take any of the stuff home as usual, then will be bichy all week as to not wanting to eat the same stuff for four days.

Pork Steaks, Ribs, Chicken breasts and thighs and hot dogs. Have Brownies, two cakes and Banana Pudding, bought extra ice cream and root beer for floats. ALL for seven people including two under 7.

Every holiday same effects, she and her Sis want to recover the old Family Meal mood but the kids that do come to our table do not eat like we used to. Only going to be seven of us including the children who only eat hotdogs and chips, the young adults do not eat brownies or mounds of cake with ice cream and we sit with $200 worth of excess food these two HAVE to cook up only to see it go to waste. Even the Sis in Law won't take any home with her.

Still stuck behind the rock and hard place when I bring it up. Thinking next holiday I am going for a Bike ride to Timbuktu, alone.

Edited by DMiller - 04 Jul 2020 at 7:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic