This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are the odds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are the odds
    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:21am
After all the jokes yesterday.
Last night after work I was prepping for a weekend of hanging siding. I have to remove a whole bunch of trim under the soffit. I decided to get a jump start.
I got it all removed from the back of the house. I wanted to put in some temporary screws I case of a wind gust. A storm rolled in with dark clouds and lots of lightning and thunder and pouring rain. I was putting screws in as fast as possible. Getting near done with rain running off the roof drenching me. All the sudden I heard a close pop/ thunder. I tried to grab the edge of the metal roof for balance. I saw a flash of blue and it felt like someone was holding a torch to my thumb and knees. I flung the drill with one hand and next thing I remember I was picking myself up off the ground.
I feel like today is a very special blessing.
Sponsored Links

Andy E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:41am
Hope you didn’t break anything. Those storms are very dangerous.when you feel the static of the hair on your arms or neck you know its gonna be close. Be thankful that you are ok
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 11:07am

Hey Thad,,it kinda ironic that you was pokin fun at the juice'tricity just yesterday and here you are almost kilt cause of them,,,,Yes,,you prolly should go to church on Sunday,,,,OH,, and say a prayer for all us old Timers if you think on it,,,,ClapClap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,it kinda ironic that you was pokin fun at the juice'tricity just yesterday and here you are almost kilt cause of them,,,,Yes,,you prolly should go to church on Sunday,,,,OH,, and say a prayer for all us old Timers if you think on it,,,,ClapClap

You have my word on it.🙏
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:19pm
Wow! Dang Thad, that’s a close call. I’m glad you’re ok.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:31pm
You sure like to live on the wild side Thad!  Be safe, there are enough people getting hurt and dying out there these days.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 1:00pm
Yes, I would say you should have gotten and your knees and thanked the Lord
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 1:13pm
Dang LUCKY!!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:18pm
Thad,
 Glad your OK. Storms not good! I figured you would have your son-in-law doing that stuff!:) 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Yes, I would say you should have gotten and your knees and thanked the Lord

I can assure you I did just that. I feel quite blessed to get the chance to tell y’all this story.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:01pm
hope you got the drill in before it gots ruined!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

hope you got the drill in before it gots ruined!

Threw it about 40 feet in the pouring rain. That jolt gave me super strength and reflexes. The drill/impact still works fine.👍
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:08pm
Thad, glad you didn't light up like them old time flash bulbs where once they pop, they were all used up and throwed away.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:36pm
WOW! Glad you're ok. Dad talk a few times about when he got hit on the little beanie thingy on his cap once. He said he had no idea how long a time it was, but he remembered just standing there waiting to fall over cause he knew he must be dead.
 The same time he was hit a neighbor about 3/4 a mile away was cultivating corn with a team of horses. He got hit, drove the team to the barn, went in the house and crawled into bed and didn't remember anything when he woke up.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 03 Jul 2020 at 10:36pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:07am
Not quit the same.
The aluminum eavestrough on our house has a lot of grit/sand from the shingles, So I was vacuuming them out using my cheap plastic shop vac, while standing on my fiberglas step ladder. And was getting light shocks off the gutters.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:18pm
welcome to my world! glad yer o-k! i've been bit...well i've lost count now, biggest was with 220V, kinda welded me to a steel tanker trailer, the truck driver knocked me off it. now i only try for 110V, it don't hurt so bad.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

welcome to my world! glad yer o-k! i've been bit...well i've lost count now, biggest was with 220V, kinda welded me to a steel tanker trailer, the truck driver knocked me off it. now i only try for 110V, it don't hurt so bad.

That's good your not so fond of sparks as you are of flakes.Wink You causes enough trouble with the machine you got. LOL You don't need a lighting machine.LOL
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:33pm
Thad, glad you are okay. The Good Lord was definitely smiling down on you.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Thad, glad you are okay. The Good Lord was definitely smiling down on you.

Yes he was Hubert. He definitely was.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic